Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I went to WI today and was up 3. I have looked at my journal and beleive it's the bites and tastes that I'm not writing down. SO...I'm going back to the green menu and writing everything down. If it goes in my mouth it goes in the journal. I haven't been doing that like I should the past couple of weeks. I've only been writing the meals and snacks down. Not the bites and tastes of things. At least I'm catching this early and hope to be down at least the 3 pounds by next weeks WI.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Y, I'm doing that starting today too. All those little nibbles do add up. And it's usually not low-carb, low-cal things we are taking a bite of here and there, so it's adding up fast. I have some music to face at my WI on Friday myself. GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #228  

ynapier..
Going back to the green menu always does it for me. I am sure you will be fine, just stay op and you will see a drop . I did not get weighed in Tuesday, my regular day, and did not want to let a week go by, so will go this Friday and again next Tuesday...
Wishing you all a good weigh in.

Patzi
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #229  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. I'm sick again. I hate how being sick messes with my body.

About a month ago, I had a low-grade fever, fatigue, and occasional dizziness/nausea. No other symptoms, and it lasted about 4-5 days.

Now, I started with a fever/nausea late Wednesday night, fatigue and what felt like the start of a chest cold Thursday, and then sore throat and fever again last night. This morning, it's fever, sore throat, some coughing, and a little bit of stuffy nose/drainage.

It's just so weird. It's like I'm sick, but only sort-of sick--and it's dragging on and on. I'm used to having something come on quickly and (usually) go quickly. Also, I don't usually get fevers unless it's a sinus infection, the flu, or strep--which this doesn't appear to be.

It just makes eating tough--because nothing sounds good and thinking about food makes me nauseated, but sometimes I get hungry and want comfort foods, like grilled-cheese sandwiches or pizza--and obviously exercising is out of the question.

Bah! Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #230  

Height: 5' 5"

Crazy question, but any chance you're pregnant?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #231  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Teacherlady, probably allergies or this bacterial infections that seem to pop up this time of year. i'm on antibiotics again for sinus infection...:-( just do the meal replacement shakes and add some greek yogurt and fruit... and do the grilled cheese w/ one slice of diet bread and use spray butter :-)

my DH bought home some meatloaf the other night (he's a Chef) and i was like why is this sweet? he said he added brown sugar and molasses for something different. i'm like, really? that is just stupid!!! (he does use lean beef and usually ilove it) i got all over him,that is Sugar and who wants sweet meatloaf?blah blah blah!! he was like, wow,get off the pipe!!! haha! i told him the homemade salsa was excellent on top but DO NOT ever add sugar to my meatloaf!!!

MEN!!! :-)
Old 06-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #232  

Hi...
I weighed in today and gained 1 pound,makingme 4 pounds under goal. No reason for the gain... I have been up, down,up, down and having a problem maintaining the 5 under and I really want to do that.. The consultant today wants me to go on the Meta Slim 2 meal diet.. I will try it for a few days and see if it will stabilize me. Not looking forward to it, but will try it and let y'all know how I do with it.

Hope everyone is having a great day and maintaining.

Patzi
Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #233  

What is the 2 meal metaslim? I've not heard of it. I was under the impression that such fluxuations were totally normal and that the time to get concerned was when you stayed consistently up two or three after a couple days in a row. Is that happening to you?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
What is the 2 meal metaslim? I've not heard of it. I was under the impression that such fluxuations were totally normal and that the time to get concerned was when you stayed consistently up two or three after a couple days in a row. Is that happening to you?
I am having a problem going up 1-2 pounds in a day, and I can't seem to get back down to the 5 pound under goal. I am now 4 pounds under goal, and have gone to 3 under,which has never happened since maintenance. This is just a kick start, I believe. I was maintaining just fine, and then I was up 1/2, then up 2, then up 1. If you were here when I was losing weight, I lost in small amounts, .2, 1/2, maybe one pound if I was lucky. so it is very difficult for me to take it off if I gain. This happened after I was gone a week, and ate out . Stayed OP all the time I was away, but when I came back I gained and have been fluctuating up and down which is unusual for me.
It took me over a week to have the weight start to go on when I returned.

Meta Slim two meal plan is.. Breakfast,protein, fruit, veggie, bread. HNS

10:00 AM HNS
2:00PM HNS

Dinner... Protein, vegggie and bread..
Eat hard cheese at one meal only.
HNS

Allowed one creamy & 4 HNS daily if so desire.

Eat hard cheese at one meal only
32 oz. diet soda,
You may use MRC Nutra bar as breakfast or dinner omitting fruit and protein or bread and protein, not to exceed 3 times a week.

I think that is it.. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Will let you know how I do Tuesday on weigh in.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #235  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Crazy question, but any chance you're pregnant?
Haha, that's what everyone keeps asking me, but no, not a chance. Ironically, my biggest motivation for losing this weight was to get healthy and increase my fertility (my sister and I have PCOS and she had to do fertility treatments to get pregnant). I say "ironically," because it worked for me--I'm having regular cycles for the first time in my life--but after not getting pregnant and doing some testing, we discovered that my husband is sterile. He simply doesn't produce sperm due to either a genetic defect or exposure to something while he was in the service (which we can't prove either way).

I don't usually talk about this with most people, but I feel safe here, in the support and community we've built here. Anyway, no chance I"m pregnant. We're planning on using donor sperm, and our expected date to move forward (after testing, etc.) is this fall, in September or October. On a weight-loss-related note, I'm not gonna lie--I am REALLY ANXIOUS about eating right during my (hopefully) upcoming pregnancy, and not gaining too much... but even more so about losing the weight afterwards and not gaining it back while my kids are little. I see my sister and friends with kids struggle with this soooooo much, and I'm more than a little scared about sliding back down the slippery slope of weight gain when my world completely changes and I'm overwhelmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Teacherlady, probably allergies or this bacterial infections that seem to pop up this time of year. i'm on antibiotics again for sinus infection...:-( just do the meal replacement shakes and add some greek yogurt and fruit... and do the grilled cheese w/ one slice of diet bread and use spray butter :-)

my DH bought home some meatloaf the other night (he's a Chef) and i was like why is this sweet? he said he added brown sugar and molasses for something different. i'm like, really? that is just stupid!!! (he does use lean beef and usually ilove it) i got all over him,that is Sugar and who wants sweet meatloaf?blah blah blah!! he was like, wow,get off the pipe!!! haha! i told him the homemade salsa was excellent on top but DO NOT ever add sugar to my meatloaf!!!
My husband still does this kind of stuff sometimes, too, and I get so mad! I've pretty much gotten to the point where unless it involves grilling, I pretty much make all our dinners. It's an added burden for me, but it's just a lot less anxiety-ridden if I can just have control over everything I eat. There's been a few times this winter that he's cooked and tried new things, but I've tried to be in the kitchen (under the guise of "helping" or "watching so I can learn how to make it, too" rather than saying that I'm policing his cooking, lol) so I can "help" him make better ingredient choices (low-sodium broth vs. regular, quinoa vs. rice, etc.) and so I can know everything he's putting in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hi...
I weighed in today and gained 1 pound,makingme 4 pounds under goal. No reason for the gain... I have been up, down,up, down and having a problem maintaining the 5 under and I really want to do that..
Patzi, is it hot where you live? Is it possible you're retaining water from the heat? Have you tried increasing your water by 8oz/day for a few days? Or have you gotten stuck in a "rut" with your eating and need to switch up your protein source?

It's hard to tell what a gain is from when there's so many variables...I've even found that just having a very stressful week--not changing my eating/exercising habits--can cause me to gain weight slightly. My sister, an ICU nurse, said that it could be because stress causes our body chemistry to change and our body goes into "survival" mode, thus trying to hold on to weight. As we say in yoga, whether it's a shark coming at you for an attack or your boss coming by at the end of your shift to ask you to stay late, your body responds to stressful stimuli in the same way--so any stress, even if it seems silly, can cause physiological changes.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #236  

I was also wondering if that heat in FLorida might be affecting Patzi. It sounds simply brutal.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
I was also wondering if that heat in FLorida might be affecting Patzi. It sounds simply brutal.
Teacher Lady and Camaswa.
It is very hot and humid here and I have upped my water due to this. Stress, that has been very high. I did go back to the green menu and gained, so I am now doing the Meta Slim 2 meal menu and it stinks.. I will do thru
tomorrow and see where I am when I weigh in on Tuesday. I am hungry around 2, and trust me an HNS does not do the trick. This is a pain, as I am so used to being on maintenance. I have switched my diet around, upped protein, and let's see where this 2 day thing gets me. I am a bit frustrated now, but that shall pass. Do you believe the center suggested I try the weight loss method that we can't talk about here. I told them forget it.

For the person asking about substitution of the HNS to something else due to expense. My opinion, and this is my opinion only, but I would not do that. HNS is part of the weight loss program.. If you can't afford all that is required for the day, speak to your consultant and explain to her your problem and have her cut the daily amount done if that is possible till you can afford what is required. But I do believe it is an important part of my weight loss . I would not take any of their other stuff, but HNS I always bought and the fat and carb blocker, but that is not a necessity. Hope you do well, I am on maintenance and it is soooooo well worth it .. I hope you find a way to continue on this.
Patzi
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #238  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Do you believe the center suggested I try the weight loss method that we can't talk about here. I told them forget it.
Patzi
Ugh. They suggested that, when you're only trying to lose like 2 pounds?? UGH! The consultants that do things like that give the entire program a bad reputation.

Hopefully just changing up and adding protein will help. If not, I would just go back to the green menu and try either adding some additional exercise, or just waiting it out. Maybe try yoga for the stress reduction? Like I said, stress can cause your body to hang on to lbs. I hope you get it figured out quickly, though--otherwise this becomes so frustrating that it's almost an obsession. At least you're still under goal weight, though, and it's not like you've packed on 15lbs and are just now trying to figure out what happened!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #239  

Well said Teacher Lady!

Ps I tried Artic Ice. Underwhelmed.... But so close to bring good!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #240  

Originally Posted by patzi
Do you believe the center suggested I try the weight loss method that we can't talk about here. I told them forget it.
Patzi

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? That is x#%¥€# ridiculous.
Closed Thread