MRC Maintainers

You're on Page 14 of 36
Go to
  • Yes this is my final week of stabilization. I just can't eat that much at one time. I have been using fruit or dairy as a morning snack instead of an HNS. We will see how that works with weight though. I get my maintenance menu next Tuesday.
  • Quote: Yes this is my final week of stabilization. I just can't eat that much at one time. I have been using fruit or dairy as a morning snack instead of an HNS. We will see how that works with weight though. I get my maintenance menu next Tuesday.
    Awesome for you! You will enjoy Maintenance

I always delayed having my fruit or dairy until mid day for a snack or whatever...I hated eating til I was stuffed, then going into the next meal starving I haven't noticed a gain from doing this....do what works for you!
  • Quote: Awesome for you! You will enjoy Maintenance

I always delayed having my fruit or dairy until mid day for a snack or whatever...I hated eating til I was stuffed, then going into the next meal starving I haven't noticed a gain from doing this....do what works for you!
    I do the same thing. I have my fruit for a mid-morning snack, then again for an afternoon snack. Otherwise, I feel stuffed, then starving. Makes me feel a little more even.
  • ynapier...
    You will love maintenance. Congrats to you for reaching this goal.. You have done a fantastic job..

Patzi
  • I have been having either fruit or yogurt as a morning snack and am liking it. I don't know if it will effect my WI or not. I will find out tomorrow. I am looking foward to maintenance also. I do want to drop maybe 10 more pounds but I want to do that slowly and try to do it while on maintenance just eating fewer calories than I'm allowed and increasing my exrecise. I have started jogging more on my daily "walks" and like the feeling that I have after I'm finished. I'm still doing a fast walk for about 2/3 of the 35 to 45 minutes that I exercise At least I'm making progress on the jogging. I would like jog 2/3 or more and walk just as a warm up and cool down but I'm not there yet.
  • Well, let's call this Take 2! LOL Thought going in last Thursday would help me get back on track, but not so much. It's just so hard to go back to the green menu. So, for me, it's just easier to do Meta-Quick. It wasn't so much that I was "cheating" with off plan foods, but eating too much of what's OP. Since they are my triggers at the moment, it's just going to be easier not to have them around and do Meta-Quick for a few days. Thank goodness for my "buffer" otherwise, I'd been in full blown panic mode.
  • Jen-glad to hear someone else struggles, and yet keeps pushing to get back on track. I had about a week where I did so great the first part of the day and then the wheels would fall off about mid afternoon...and the scale told me. I first tried going back to metabalance, but for some reason it wasn't clicking. So what I did was commit to just eating whole foods for all of June (with set portion amounts of course)...no melba, no bread unless I make it (that may happen like once...), no diet soda, none of the things that are triggers. And I'm now totally back on track and my weight is back down.

I run the warrior dash in 10 days. Excite about that...then I may hang up my running shoes for a bit to give my body a break.
  • Yeah, I can definitely struggle. When I'm on, I'm really on and that can last for a long time. However, when I fall off the wagon, I realllllly fall off the wagon and then I deal with the guilt of it. It only makes matters worse, but that's me. I am my own worst critic which is probably the same for most people.

I've done good since Monday, so I'm proud of myself for that. I've lost 1.5 pounds since then which is odd. Reason being, when I do Meta-Quick, my weight stays stable until the day 4 or 5 of Meta-Quick and then it falls off. I'm not used to seeing results from the get-go, but I think my body knows that's what I needed to see right now. Here's hoping today is another good day.
  • NWCGINA - Good luck in the warrior dash -that is one messy, tough run Good luck to you

JenB72 - Last time I did meta-quick I only lost 1 lb. I had hoped to be in stabilization/maintenance by now but slowly losing last 9 Keep up the good work
  • Had a great WI today! Back under my goal weight so I'm thrilled. Just 1.5 pounds to go to be back at my sweet spot. I'd love to be 5 under, but I just don't know if that's possible. My body seems to love 137-137.5. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying.
  • Quote: Jen-glad to hear someone else struggles, and yet keeps pushing to get back on track. I had about a week where I did so great the first part of the day and then the wheels would fall off about mid afternoon...and the scale told me. I first tried going back to metabalance, but for some reason it wasn't clicking. So what I did was commit to just eating whole foods for all of June (with set portion amounts of course)...no melba, no bread unless I make it (that may happen like once...), no diet soda, none of the things that are triggers. And I'm now totally back on track and my weight is back down.

I run the warrior dash in 10 days. Excite about that...then I may hang up my running shoes for a bit to give my body a break.
    Gina, I finally committed to MetaBalance and I have gained a little EVERY DAY this week. Since Monday I am up about 3 pounds. It's Thursday! I did have champagne on my anniversary Monday night, but not much else off plan. I've been eating a cup of n/f Greek yogurt with an HNS for mid-am and mid-pm snacks. I haven't been diligent about reducing the protein from 4 to 3 oz, just eyeballing. And not everyday have I gotten all the water in.

I have been on this bus long enough to know there are going to be fluxuations and plateaus, but this seems extreme. What do you think?
  • camaswa-I feel your pain. I seem to fluctuate a lot more now...and on one another weight loss forum for maintainers where people use various programs, other people are commenting on fluctuations. Summer water retention? I was just talking with my mom today and I considered talking with my counselor and going back truly focused on plan for about a month to go under my goal, but I'll wait until after my face next week. I weigh about every other day and I fluctuate a good 2-3 pounds up and down. I haven't had much water today and basically just sat at a computer for training so I'm sure tomorrow will be up. And I went swim suit shopping, so I don't care what size you are, that just isn't helpful
  • Quote: For those on My fitnesspal.com... In your fitness goals...
    What do you have for % of your carbs, fat, and protein for those on a 1200 maintenance diet .
    Thanks
    Patzi
    Hi patzi

I have my calorie total set at 1100, carbs 55, fat 24, protein 165, sodium 2500, sugar 24. I had gotten the formula from my counselor. Thks for the reminder to get back to tracking everything I put in my mouth . I know that works and have gotten out of the habit
  • Having a tough week...period started, but prior to that I have had cravings like never before on this program. I have been involved in church/community activities lately where I have been surrounded by homemade cookies, cupcakes, etc..etc...and Tami hasn't done well resisting those temptations. Additionally, I am having some "issues" with a family member..we have a history of them, and adding that to the mix isn't helping. I feel depressed, I have this "I don't care" attitude...and when I mess up I don't put myself in check, I just mess up worse. I am punishing myself and feel disgusted with my lack of self control. Having a WI in a couple of days is what has me on the right track today...thankful for the continued accountability.

I sure do feel scared when I see how quickly I am willing to just let things go all depending on my emotional mind set at the time. Emotional eating is not a joke, but something to be taken quite seriously. I guess it is good that I am recognizing it...

Hope you all are being more strong than I am at the moment. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated I am so glad to have this forum to turn to.
  • Tamiki

Start tracking everything u eat in my fitness pal or on paper. Whichever works for u. It really works!!! Write every single thing down no matter if it's a bite. I entered in MFP two Oreo cookies and omg 90 cal!!! Not worth it!!!
    Headed to the grocery store to load up on good for me stuff. I can't control my in laws and my crazy boss and job but I do have power over what im eating!!!
    We can do this. Hang in there