Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #1  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Default re-starting .... on my own

Hey all!
im going to give MRC another go-around, but i cant seem to get started... i cant get through even ONE DAY on the dang Yellow menu
ive been gaining crazy weight due to a new Med i am on, and i have to do something to stop it... i know this program works, i just....... cant seem to get any momentum going, KWIM? i havent weighed myself, but i know im gaining... clothes tight, bloaty, etc.......
SInce im doing it on my own this time, i thought id join up again and be an active member of thid community for support and accountability. I think i will start by taking my measurements first..... get through the yellow and blue menus, and THEN see where i stand on the scale...... im terrified of it.
I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO, I JUST CANT SEEM TO DO IT!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sorry you're having trouble starting back up. It is so hard to break the cycle. There were times when I was on the program before I had my daughter that I would go through what you are now. In the end, I just bypassed the yellow & blue menus and went straight to green. I know you're not supposed to, but it's what worked for me.

My thoughts are to just bite the bullet in the morning, take the measurements and weigh yourself. Maybe it's that kind of reality check that will help motivate you.

Hope to see you around here more often!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I did MRC several years ago and had great success. I am trying to get all the information to start on my own again to. Can't afford to go back to MRC at this time. I really don't remember too much of any of the menus (colored menus). I posted on JenB72 and I am waiting on all of her info to get started. So I am hopefully going to be on board come Monday morning!!!
I have a large amount of weight to lose, but my goal is to run in 1/2 marathon this year.....
happy2baraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Jen,
i appreciate the kick in the butt..... i cant face the scale.. yet..... not till my clothes are looaser at least... sigh...... ive been on plan so far today, but getting through work is never that hard.. its going HOME that i end up grazing and munching.... alot of times i stop at Sunflower market (trader joes, Whole Foods) and get the red licorice out of the bulk bin.... THis MUST STOP.. this is so easy to do too... just dont go there, right?
i know that i dont want to have to be dieting again, but i also know that i cant live with myself with my body this way....

im going off the weight gain meds.. my doc and i will have to find another alternative ..... which sux, because the meds made my anxiety dissapear entirely! IT WAS LIKE A MIRACLE...... but the weight gain.... i could handle 3-5 pounds, but this is ridiculous....
thanks for being there, all
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
alot of times i stop at Sunflower market (trader joes, Whole Foods) and get the red licorice out of the bulk bin.... THis MUST STOP.. this is so easy to do too... just dont go there, right?
Back away from the licorice! The licorice is NOT your friend!!!!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Sorry you are going through this... I will like to help you like you have help a lot people around here include me. Tell me is there something I can do ?
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Hi, MK---
I remember you from this site! Welcome back. I just went back to MRC today and discussed with my counselor that I just couldn't start over with the yellow menu. She said it was just fine for me to start with the green menu. I feel really good and focused but it took me going in. I had received a gift certificate in the mail from them but I knew through travel that I wouldn't be able to use it (it was for 4 free weeks). I called them today and asked if I could do the 4 weeks free anyway and they said yes....they just wanted me to be successful. You might want to call your center and see what they would be willing to do for you. Just a thought. Best wishes!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #8  

welcome back and perhaps tell yourself that you HAVE to get through 3 days .... if you can commit to 3 days, the cravings will go away and you will feel the power you have over food. you can do it!!! The first 3 days are by far the most difficult.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote