Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #1  

It's a little early, but since the May thread got closed due to overposting, I went ahead and started this one.

Happy Summer!

Weighed in today, and I'm down another 2 lbs. Signed the 70 lb board today!

My personal goal was 195, but my center's goal for me is 191. I may make their goal yet.

Received my menu for week 4 of stabilization, and I am now adding an additional serving of veggies to dinner twice a week. The choices of veggies for those 2 days a week are expanded, too, to include corn, carrots, pumpkin, jicama, and more. I never thought I'd be so excited to eat more veggies.

The biggest problem I'm running into on stabilization: the addition of so many items/choices is overwhelming and requires even more advanced planning on my part. Silly me, I thought additional choices would make things easier--I would be able to just pull stuff out and whip it together more easily--but I actually have to think about it more, especially since I don't have recipes already put together that use the things I can eat now.

Does the cookbook have a maintenance section? I have my cookbook tucked away around here somewhere, maybe I should look at that. And check with my center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaF View Post
Hi Everyone--I just found this forum, and am so excited to be here. I'm in my 6th week of MRC. It's been slow going for me, I've only lost about 17 lbs so far. A loss is a loss though, I guess. After reading the forum a few nights ago, I decided to try the bar for breakfast, lunch, and then reg. dinner--and it seems to have jump-started me a little. Do you think I need to do it more than a couple of days? Or should I go back to program tomorrow. Do you all have any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Welcome.. It is nice to meet you.. I have done Meta Quick for 3 -4 days , as that is what center suggested and it did take me out of a stall.

Your weight loss so far, is a good one..

Good luck in your challenge and we are here for you.

Patzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgirl1 View Post
I went to go weigh in today and I was down 1.5 lbs since Friday!!!!

I made it through the holiday weekend and I even went to the movies and did not have any popcorn! I think I can do this.
Pat yourself on the back.. That is great...

Patzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie04 View Post
rxgirl - way to go on skipping the popcorn. You are well on your way!

pnvomaha - So sorry about your car getting robbed. It has to be stressful and a headache to deal with.

I wanted to share that I finally made the turkey lasagna that is posted on the recipe board. I only tasted a little of it last night but it was very tasty.

I also made the tuna salad sandwiches which were also very good. I only used one bread with my supper and it was still yummy. This was on the Memorial Day Menu sheet I received. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.
Junie..
Would you be so kind as to post the tuna salad sandwiches that were given to you by the center. Thanks

Patzi
Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #2  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

I got a little confused with the title! HA! You had me fooled there for a minute. I was thinking.. wow.. I've been posting in the May thread when it's June

Congrats on the loss Teacherlady! And maybe I will get excited about eating veggies when I can have corn & carrots again.

There is a small section in the back of the cook book that are maintenace only recipes. Not sure what they are because it'll be a long while before I can make any.
Thanks for the updates!! You and Patzi are great!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post

My personal goal was 195, but my center's goal for me is 191. I may make their goal yet.

Received my menu for week 4 of stabilization, and I am now adding an additional serving of veggies to dinner twice a week. The choices of veggies for those 2 days a week are expanded, too, to include corn, carrots, pumpkin, jicama, and more. I never thought I'd be so excited to eat more veggies.

The biggest problem I'm running into on stabilization: the addition of so many items/choices is overwhelming and requires even more advanced planning on my part. Silly me, I thought additional choices would make things easier--I would be able to just pull stuff out and whip it together more easily--but I actually have to think about it more, especially since I don't have recipes already put together that use the things I can eat now.

Does the cookbook have a maintenance section? I have my cookbook tucked away around here somewhere, maybe I should look at that. And check with my center.
Congrats on the loss.. That is great, Natalie, the weight you have lost. You have done real well...

Yes, the cookbook does have a maintenance section...

I stopped going crazy with how I was going to add this or that, as it was taking over, and I just did not have the time for it. Sooooo, I journal everything I eat, and try to add what I am in the mood for, and so far, it has been working..

I was talking today with someone on her 4th week of stabilization and she said, she can't spend this much time on what she can eat and what she can't,so she does the best she can.

If I did not work,it may not be so bad, but I do, so my time is limited.

Patzi

Hi Everyone--I just found this forum, and am so excited to be here. I'm in my 6th week of MRC. It's been slow going for me, I've only lost about 17 lbs so far. A loss is a loss though, I guess. After reading the forum a few nights ago, I decided to try the bar for breakfast, lunch, and then reg. dinner--and it seems to have jump-started me a little. Do you think I need to do it more than a couple of days? Or should I go back to program tomorrow. Do you all have any thoughts?
Thanks so much!

Recipes.

I will go now and post the last two recipes from the Graduation BBQ menu.

One is Crunchy tortilla chips

The other is Raspberry Lemondade.

Enjoy...

Patzi
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #4  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks so much!
Welcome!

I only ever did metaquick (shake or bar for breakfast/lunch, then a regular dinner) for about 2-3 days. Partly because I could only stand to do it that long, and partly because that's all I needed to jump-start again.

2-3 lbs a week is a pretty good loss, and nothing to sneeze at! Remember--even though "time is money" on this program, it IS possible to lose weight too fast, which makes us less successful at keeping it off. Part of the reason I'm mostly confident about going into maintenance is because I've lost my weight over 8-9 months and I feel like I've really internalized the changes in my appearance, my eating habits, my exercise habits, and my health.

The other thing to keep in mind is that we all seem to go through a slight "stall" in our weightloss a few weeks in--usually at between 12-18lbs down. So, again, don't worry too much if you've slowed down. Your body needs time to get used to this and adapt, and the losses will pick back up pretty soon.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.5/198/162

Height: 5'8"

Thank you! I think I'm going to go back to plan tomorrow, I don't want to mess things up too much. I'll weigh in Thurs or Fri, hoping to see an improvement.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257.5/see ticker/165

I made it through the holiday weekend and I even went to the movies and did not have any popcorn! I think I can do this.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Weigh in tomorrow... I thought I was doing so much better and then today... stress all over again. My car got broken into and my hubby's wallet was in there. I've been on the phone and online all day long trying to figure out what needs to be cancelled and whatnot. I just had dinner and ate the wrong carbs... I'm sad. I'm sorry I always have these issues, but I feel like if I don't get them out somewhere... I'll go crazy!

Last edited by pnvomaha; 06-01-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #8  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:

Congrats on the loss! And no popcorn at the movies is amazing!

Now change the "think" to .. I KNOW I can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
Weigh in tomorrow... I thought I was doing so much better and then today... stress all over again. My car got broken into and my hubby's wallet was in there. I've been on the phone and online all day long trying to figure out what needs to be cancelled and whatnot. I just had dinner and ate the wrong carbs... I'm sad. I'm sorry I always have these issues, but I feel like if I don't get them out somewhere... I'll go crazy!
Well that's just awful! I hope you get everything straightened out and the bust the person that did it.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  
Started program June 2010

rxgirl - way to go on skipping the popcorn. You are well on your way!

pnvomaha - So sorry about your car getting robbed. It has to be stressful and a headache to deal with.

I wanted to share that I finally made the turkey lasagna that is posted on the recipe board. I only tasted a little of it last night but it was very tasty.

I also made the tuna salad sandwiches which were also very good. I only used one bread with my supper and it was still yummy. This was on the Memorial Day Menu sheet I received. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post

That is AWESOME!!!!!! What an accomplishment!!!! Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I've done Meta-Quick also and as others have said, it will jump start you. I also find it easier to do because there is no planning involved. Good luck!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257.5/see ticker/165

Has anyone tried "the big 3" supplements? I was wondering if they really work. It is the MRC-6, Phenatrim, and Cortitrim. The package is over $150 and I was wondering if any of these supplements are necessary. I am only taking a multivitamin, trace minerals, Krill, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Cal/Mag. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Has anyone tried "the big 3" supplements? I was wondering if they really work. It is the MRC-6, Phenatrim, and Cortitrim. The package is over $150 and I was wondering if any of these supplements are necessary. I am only taking a multivitamin, trace minerals, Krill, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Cal/Mag. Thanks.
I take all three of those. In addition, I take Flaxseed Oil, a multivitamin & B6. During my first two months, I lost 28.50 inches. I think I've lost 5 or 6 inches alone in my belly (midsection). That's the Cortitrim at work. I definitely need that as I'm trying to lose my pregnancy weight (for starters). Everyone's supplements needs are different, but that's what's worked for me so far.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #13  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
MRC-6 has B6 in it, so I would only do one or the other (and B6 is usually cheaper). I held off on doing any supplements until my weight loss completely stalled for a month or so (partly because of cost, partly because I wanted to do as much as I could without supplements). Then I did the cortitrim, which helped some, but not a lot. I switched to the phentatrim, and it seems to have worked well for me.

Everyone's body is a little different, so sometimes it takes some trial and error to figure out what will work best for you.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Alright so weigh in wasn't as bad as I thought...I was on antibiotics for a week and today woke up with a horrible rash ITCHY...so I have a major inflammatory process going on in my body and on antibiotics, and I managed to only gain .2#...I''m okay with that...now time to kick it in gear once this rash goes away..............Have a great month all!!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #15  
Started March 26, 2011

Quote:
I take those plus B6, Vitamin D, Trace Minerals, 2 of their multivitamins, 2 Krill & MSM. I upped my cortitrim dosage, about 2 weeks ago, from 4 to 6 pills each day and I've noticed changes in my bra size, which I just bought a new bra about 2 weeks ago. And I really like the MSM because my skin is staying firm with the losses and I'm not taking 8 ibuprofen everyday.. its really helped with my joints. But everyone is different.
Closed Thread