Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by enniecat View Post
I am finally starting to feel human again after being sick over the weekend. So today is my first official day OP. Here is my question to all of you "experts". I am on the yellow menu and I have to tell you, it sure feels like they have me eating alot of food. I mean 8 oz. of lettuce is a huge salad. For supper I had chicken and green beans. The menu says I am suppose to have 6 oz. of chicken and 4 oz. of green beans. That sure looked like a lot too. I was just making my lunch for tomorrow and 6 oz. of turkey is a lot too. And it was, I didn't eat it all. Is this normal? Am I required to eat all of this. If am going to gain weight if I eat this much.

I have always been the habitual snacker and stress eater. And trust me I have major stress in my life. I am an only child taking care of my 72 year old Dad on Hospice with Alzheimer's.

So I am totally sticking to the 3 meals a day with no snacks. Just during pre-conditioning I lost 6 pounds and I am pretty sure it would have been more had I not gotten sick. There is no way I can eat as much as they want.

And one last question. On the meat portions. Are those weights before or after they are cooked.
I don't think you will gain weight eating what's OP. You must follow it exactly though. I've been on that plan, and I've lost 42 lbs since mid January. My first plan had a snack in between lunch and dinner. And now, it doesn't, but when I'm OP I lose the weight! Best wishes!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #32  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default I had a REAL bad day!

Some of this might be TMI..
I was having severe abdominal pain that started late Saturday night. I thought it was because I had eaten the Filet Mignon.. ya know, Karma or something. I got up about 15-20 times during the course of the night TRYING to go to the bathroom.. #2.. and couldn't! There was SO much pressure but nothing moving. Woke up yesterday and still in a lot of pain and nothing moving. My sister in law brought over some Exlax. I took that around noon yesterday.. and waited.. and waited. Finally around 6:30pm, I was able to push a little something out.

Then we move into today... and I'm aching! Oh, it hurts so bad. And I've never had this issue. I was always the one that had the issue of needing to stop going. I also had arterial thrombosis in my small intestine - so I know what bowel obstruction feels like but this was different. This was in the belly. I called the doctor and went in.. he pushes on my abdomen and I thought he was going to have to pull me off the ceiling! He's asking all these questions and then he says.. this may be Appendicitis!

WHAT?? SERIOUSLY?? I had to go into Xray, pee in a cup and they had to rush my blood work over to the hospital to be tested. In the meantime, they kept me there because the appendix will usually rupture within 36 hours and I was pushing that. I was freaking out! My appointment was at 2pm and finally after all that.. around 4pm, he comes back in and says it must be a severe case of constipation!!! Which is what I had originally thought.

I went for a WI, which I knew wasn't going to be great because of not being able to unload.. but I have a busy week and not sure if I will be able to go in and I had a lot of questions regarding a meal plan for the weekend when I will be sitting at my Craft fair booth from 9am-9pm Friday & Saturday and 1/2 that time on Sunday. Well, I gained my .5 back. But considering I feel like I'm carrying 20lbs around in my gut that .5 isn't bad. The consultant made a joke and said, "once you get things moving, I'm sure you'll lose 4lbs to get below 300!" I just laughed but that started to hurt.

Anyway - here I sit, not on the throne, after drinking Miralax waiting on a BIG "movement". And nothing... oh so full of it but nothing!

Oh - and I asked if eating a Filet was ok instead of eating Sirloin and the consultant said yes. Even my doctor said the Filet didn't cause this constipation issue but he would choose a Filet over Sirloin because it's a better cut of beef.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #33  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Anyway - here I sit, not on the throne, after drinking Miralax waiting on a BIG "movement". And nothing... oh so full of it but nothing!
Don't worry, nothing is TMI around here.

Once you get things moving again, I would suggest using either benefiber or the MRC fiber drinks every day just to keep things moving. Also, I know you don't like them, but raw veggies are a GREAT source of natural fiber ("roughage," my husband calls it) and ALWAYS help to keep things running smoothly. It might be worth it to eat a large salad once a week or so.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Candi- I have chronic constipation and have found MRC's Internal Cleanser to work wonders. It doesn't make me have to go like a laxative, but just regulates. Its amazing!

Also, drink lots of water. If you are constipated, nothing is going to move without water....especially on the Miralax. I took that for years and couldn't ever go unless I drank WAY too much water. That stuff runs on extra water.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

PS. My husband wanted me to say "I rarely poop" instead of chronic constipation. He thought that was funnier. :-) silly husbands.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Rzrbackcandi for sharing your constipation issue. I've been feeling a bit this way, too and was wondering what has been happening. I go through these phases where I feel this way. I was doing great when I bought the MRC fiber drinks, but it can get expensive so I'm now trying some Fiber Gummies made from Vitafusion. So far all I've been getting is lots of stinky gas and still feeling heavy from not going as much as I think I should. Let me know the secret when you know!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #37  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Default We "chicks" gotta stick together

Thanks so much for all the support, guys. My appointment went so great yesterday. You can't imagine (or you probably can) the relief that knowing there is a center now to go to for support and help through this thing. I start this morning on pre-con, then go in Friday for Fun-day Friday to pick up my first batch of HNS-YAY can't wait for the kiwi-melon, my fave..

You are all such wonderful, supportive people and I know that together we can do this thang...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:

Oh - and I asked if eating a Filet was ok instead of eating Sirloin and the consultant said yes. Even my doctor said the Filet didn't cause this constipation issue but he would choose a Filet over Sirloin because it's a better cut of beef.
I'm so sorry...
I bet the filet was not the problem, just the straw that broke the camel's back. Have you tried warm water with honey? I agree with the others, ongoing management of the problem is better than waiting for a crisis. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by enniecat View Post
I am finally starting to feel human again after being sick over the weekend. So today is my first official day OP. Here is my question to all of you "experts". I am on the yellow menu and I have to tell you, it sure feels like they have me eating alot of food. I mean 8 oz. of lettuce is a huge salad. For supper I had chicken and green beans. The menu says I am suppose to have 6 oz. of chicken and 4 oz. of green beans. That sure looked like a lot too. I was just making my lunch for tomorrow and 6 oz. of turkey is a lot too. And it was, I didn't eat it all. Is this normal? Am I required to eat all of this. If am going to gain weight if I eat this much.

I have always been the habitual snacker and stress eater. And trust me I have major stress in my life. I am an only child taking care of my 72 year old Dad on Hospice with Alzheimer's.

So I am totally sticking to the 3 meals a day with no snacks. Just during pre-conditioning I lost 6 pounds and I am pretty sure it would have been more had I not gotten sick. There is no way I can eat as much as they want.

And one last question. On the meat portions. Are those weights before or after they are cooked.
It is normal to feel like this is too much food at first. I literally gagged for the first couple of weeks. It also takes a long time to get used to eating that much food without the fat to help it go down. Fat is a lubricator, so eating meat and veggies without butter or oil is tougher...they just don't go down easily. You'll get used to it. In fact, you'll find you start preferring the cleaner taste of it. I stuck mostly to cooked vegetables for the first few months because 8oz of salad just grossed me out. Now, I love it!

Yes, the weight of the meat and veggies is AFTER cooking.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #40  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Hi everyone! Well I have been on MRC a few times in past few years and never really stuck with it. I tried to do the program at the beginning of the year own my own, but that was just too difficult without the accountability of the center. So here I am, I am back again and I rejoined a week and a half ago with my center and I m already down 7 lbs. Yeah! I am really determined to do this, this time - I am not getting any younger and do not want my weight to begin to affect my health. I think that mindset makes a difference.

Welcome back!!! Congrats on losing 7 pounds and hope you have many more to come!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newme12 View Post
Great week! 5 lbs gone and I am out of the 240s. Yay! After losing nothing for about 5 days, the scales finally started dropping again. Unfortunately I worked 12 hour shifts over the weekend and we were so busy I didn't get to eat one of my meals Sat or Sun night. I feel certain the scales will punish me for that over the next couple of days... but I'm enjoying it for the moment...

Hope everyone else had good weigh-ins today too!
That's wonderful!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftybyfifty View Post
So the official WI today was 219.8....so i was so proud I stayed under the 220 mark. That's a total of 4 lbs this week..dodah...dodah
WOW!!!! That's incredible!!! Congrats!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Thanks so much for all the support, guys. My appointment went so great yesterday. You can't imagine (or you probably can) the relief that knowing there is a center now to go to for support and help through this thing. I start this morning on pre-con, then go in Friday for Fun-day Friday to pick up my first batch of HNS-YAY can't wait for the kiwi-melon, my fave..

You are all such wonderful, supportive people and I know that together we can do this thang...
Glad things went well at your appointment.
I love the kiwi-melon too. The concentrate makes a wonderful slushie!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Some of this might be TMI..
I'm so sorry! If still no "movement" you might want to try warm prune juice followed by hot coffee or tea. Yes, it's gross (unless you like prune juice).
I had problems when I was pregnant with one of children and my doctor's office told me about this. I had immediate results...
Hope things are better!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #45  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftybyfifty View Post
So the official WI today was 219.8....so i was so proud I stayed under the 220 mark. That's a total of 4 lbs this week..dodah...dodah

Congrats, that is great!
Closed Thread