Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2btxgrl View Post
So the meta-quick trial over the weekend was a huge fail - as I was starving and ended up eating not only the meal replacement bar but then a meal. I know she said the first day would be hard, but honestly that was ridiculous.

Also missed weigh in on Saturday due to house hunting. Wasn't surprised I received an e-mail on Monday asking when I was coming in LOL!! Talk about on the ball!!!

I also neglected to take my water with me 2 out of 4 days so I was completely off until Tuesday, I attempted the meta-quick again. Went great the first day. The second day was Wednesday and I went to weigh-in .. I was even, no loss - no gain. Again going on my 5th week!

The area director was in and asked me to send her my menus so she could look them over, and she also thought that if meta-quick didn't do it, then she would start me on the next menu down even though I'm 11 lbs away from the 250 I need to be.

I am fairly optimistic today - I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 lbs .. and I still have a 1/2 day left of meta-quick before I go back to my regular menu. I'm hoping I at least keep the 2lbs off by the time I weigh in on Saturday. Hopefully the catch up on water will help too by then.

Frustrating!
Just hang in there. . . It sounds like Metaquick may be helping you this time. Keep a positive attitude it makes a huge difference. Tell yourself this is working (if you are down 2 lbs it must be) and be your own cheerleader. You are doing a great job and hang in there. Stay 100% OP for the next couple of days I bet you will see a good loss on Saturday. You are strong and you can do this. If you stick to the program it will work. (Can you see my pom poms waving?) Focus on the positive changes you are seeing and it will happen - no matter how furstrated you may feel right now this is worth the effort.

Mariah
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 234.1/215.8/175

Height: 5'6"

Having an okay week. Been mostly OP.... this week has been slow..Lost 1 more lb since Monday. Last week I was melting pretty fast 4.2 pounds ....but I think this is good...right????? I mean i don't want to lose toooo fast....Or is there such a thing for us fat chicks. LOL

Last edited by niftybyfifty; 05-05-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #138  

I am getting very frustrated. I am on day 4 of being officially OP. Since then I feel like I have eaten more than I ever have. After losing 6 pounds on preconditioning I have gained 1 pound back. I am trying very hard to drink my 120 ounces of water a day, but adding that to my 3 HNS I feel bloated all the time and my clothes are starting to feel tight. There is now way I can drink the 5 that my consultant suggested when I weighed in yesterday.

Is this a normal feeling?????
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #139  

Quote:
So the meta-quick trial over the weekend was a huge fail - as I was starving and ended up eating not only the meal replacement bar but then a meal. I know she said the first day would be hard, but honestly that was ridiculous.

Also missed weigh in on Saturday due to house hunting. Wasn't surprised I received an e-mail on Monday asking when I was coming in LOL!! Talk about on the ball!!!

I also neglected to take my water with me 2 out of 4 days so I was completely off until Tuesday, I attempted the meta-quick again. Went great the first day. The second day was Wednesday and I went to weigh-in .. I was even, no loss - no gain. Again going on my 5th week!

The area director was in and asked me to send her my menus so she could look them over, and she also thought that if meta-quick didn't do it, then she would start me on the next menu down even though I'm 11 lbs away from the 250 I need to be.

I am fairly optimistic today - I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 lbs .. and I still have a 1/2 day left of meta-quick before I go back to my regular menu. I'm hoping I at least keep the 2lbs off by the time I weigh in on Saturday. Hopefully the catch up on water will help too by then.

Frustrating!
I am sure once you show the center your daily menus, they will be able to help you.
One time I was doing the Meta Quick for 4 days and no loss when I weighed in, so they told me not to do the shake,due to the calories,to do the bar,HNS
for breakfast and Bar, HNS at lunch vs. the shake, then a regular meal,depeding on what program you are on at night. That worked for me.
Wishing you the loss on weigh in.
Patzi
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #140  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmendmv View Post
I haven't purchased any HNS in over a week because quite frankly, I took a pay cut and need alternatives.

I was walking in WalMart and found Atkins Advantage Shakes.

15g protein
1 g sugar
160 calories
and 2 net carbs

They are 6 pack for like $6.50 (bonus pack). I like them.
I love the Atkins products. Their shakes are good, and I have switched to their meal replacement bars (I like dark chocolate granola, and Peanut granola bars). They are a few more calories, but more protein than the MRC bars, and they're BIGGER, so I actually feel full after eating them and don't feel like I've just had a snack.

If you're looking for some cheaper alternatives, there's a couple threads in this forum where people suggest the alternatives they found to cut down on costs.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #141  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Carmen -- I LOVE that: You eat, you gym! I will have to remember that. I was thinking about it the other day when I went off plan a little, and I said to myself "well, guess I"m definitely going to the gym after work today!"

born2btxgrl -- I totally stalled out (even with meta-quick) right around 208-210 lbs. They usually wait until you are within 5 lbs before they switch your menu, but they went ahead and switched me to the next menu down at that time--and it did seem to help. Are you taking any of their supplements? I avoided them as long as I could, but when I stalled out at 208, I started the phentatrim, and it's REALLY helping. And it doesn't make me jittery or anything. I recommend it for busting through a plateau. I just did a 10-day (their sample bottle) cycle of it, I didn't continue to buy the supplement.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:

I'm going out of town this weekend to visit my man who just got back from Afghanistan last Saturday, so I'm going to make good food choices, but will indulge if I want.

Best,
Carmen
Hey, Carmen, I'm thinking if you are visiting your man back from Afghanistan, there's gonna be a lot better things to indulge in than food. Jus' sayin.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #143  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I weighed in today and lost 3.4 pounds this week. I"M very happy! I'm down 13.4 pounds total and finally, finally signed the 10 pound board.

I'm going out of town this weekend to visit my man who just got back from Afghanistan last Saturday, so I'm going to make good food choices, but will indulge if I want.

I have a new mantra that's been helping me - You Eat. You Gym. I have been in the gym everyday for a week and it's helping. Also the B6 too.

You ladies have a great weekend!

Best,
Carmen
Congrats on your WI and have fun with your man this weekend!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #144  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Frustrating!
I plan to start a 7 day cycle of meta-quick on either Monday or Tuesday, and I am a bit nervous that I will be starving. My plan is to do a week of Meta-quick each month to help get some of this weight off pretty quickly that I gain since the last time I did MRC. I quit at 192lbs last time and now I am back OP again at started out at 239, but have lost 7.5 so far since beginning preconditioning on the 21st of April. I will let you guys know how next week goes for me! So far 3 WIs and a loss each time!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #145  

Height: 5' 5"

Well this coming week will be a test like no other. My grandpa passed away last night. I'm flying up to Philadelphia tomorrow for the funeral which will be held sometime next week. If there ever was a time to give in to emotional eating, this is it.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #146  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Well this coming week will be a test like no other. My grandpa passed away last night. I'm flying up to Philadelphia tomorrow for the funeral which will be held sometime next week. If there ever was a time to give in to emotional eating, this is it.
So sorry about your loss, Jen. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #147  

Quote:
Jen...
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way. Take care of yourself.
Patzi
Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #148  

Hello..
I weighed in today and lost .4 pounds, making me 4 pounds under goal. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with this. Maintenace is slow with me, as I am adding new things each week, where this should have been done during stabilization, but it did not work, so slow, slow , slow is the key for me.

This week... I added (
avocado
Chickpeas( in the bean category)
a fruit in morning (banana)
an oatbran muffin, no sugar, no fat, with small amt. of fruit( with muffin I did take a HNS and a food & carb blocker, although, I don't think I need to take food and carb blocker. Will experiment
Peanut butter is a no no for me.. I tried it and I gained. So, will try it at a later date.

I asked Center if they changed the liquid HNS as I had digestive problems with them, and they said not that they know of. I will start them again today , and hopefully all is well. I only have to take 2 a day.

Wishing y'all a great day and a great weigh in. Think Thin...

Patzi
Old 05-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvomaha View Post
First day back totally OP. I have got to get over my temptations! It is so hard! AHHHHH! I've been going up which is definitely NOT the right direction!

I'm at the car place and there are bags of freebie chips--I won't eat it. I won't eat it. I'll take the apple instead!

Are you all as mentally insane as me when it comes to food?!!! Help!
Definitely! Esp if it has anything to do with cheetos or chocolate!

Last edited by newme12; 05-06-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Closed Thread