Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Question MRC & hi intensity workouts -- MetaBalance??

Hello,

I'm a MRC 3rd timer, only this time I'm not going back to the center because I've already spent $3-4K there. Instead I'm spending my $$ (much less of it) on CrossFit training. Which is kicking my butt in terms of energy. I am just pure blown out for the whole day on CrossFit days!

Meanwhile, I want to lose 2 dress sizes in 2 months (if possible). I know that MRC will help you lose faster than anything else since it worked for me before...BUT...i was not exercising before.

Does anybody have any info on the so-called Meta-Balance menu, which I have just discovered through this forum? I have no interest in undermining MRC by releasing it to anyone out in the world; just trying tos see if I can make MRC + CrossFit work.

Is anyone else doing CrossFIt with MRC? Do you find it stalls your weight loss, and have you found that the Green Menu works for you, or do you have to adjust?

I'm going to CrossFIt 4x per week. THANKS SO MUCH!

Julia S

Last edited by ccrose; 05-03-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: unclear
ccrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I am very familiar with CrossFit. My trainer does something similar, though probably not as intense. I've never thrown up, but been close! :-) For the first 40lbs or so, I stopped working out with my trainer - just did metaslim. When I started working out with him again (as well as hiking and karate), I stalled for about a month and they put me on metabalance. It was enough of a change to get me moving again and I lost the last 20. BUT!!!! I really don't think MRC in ANY form is good for someone who does heavy/high intensity workouts. I would say that even metabalance will not give you enough nutrition for Crossfit. All it adds in is 2 dairys and a fruit and switches around your protein a bit. You end up eating around 1100 calories today, which even WITHOUT working out is considered extremely low. I lost a lot of hair and stopped having periods toward the end of it, as well as having a growth on my liver get bigger (benign). I really think it was affecting my health.

I don't have a problem with MRC for light exercisers- I think it's a great way to lose a ton of weight and it definitely worked for me. But for heavy exercisers, I think there are other programs. I hope this has not been too discouraging! I just don't want anyone to be under the impression that extremely low calories and super high intensity exercise is a good idea...it's not good for your health. Is there any way to modify your exercise schedule?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried going true paleo in conjunction with your CF workout schedule? You have to watch your fat intake even with paleo in order to find true weightloss.

Debi, do you know what the average calories is for the Green menu for Metaslim?
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I calculated it a few times and it is 800-900. loooooooowwwww.......
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

My husband stopped using the MRC diet, I am still doing it but I do less working out... He hired a trainer and he was given a diet for extreme workouts for athletes. He eats the same thing every day and is allowed one cheat meal a week, same day every week....

Here is what he eats each day, and if you are a woman we need less calories so cut some calories.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 oz cheese (hard cheddar), 8 oz milk, and a medium apple.

Lunch: 1/2 cup chicken salad (lean grilled chicken breast chopped, add 1T ff mayo, 1T mustard) on whole wheat toast or tortilla, with a 8 oz glass ice tea.

Dinner: 8 oz grilled/baked fish or chicken plain, (woman needs 4 oz) 1/2 raw or steamed broccoli, medium baked sweet potato (most of these are large so cut in half) with water.

Two snacks 100 calories or less, must be good choices like nuts, beef jerky, or cottage cheese.

***Only snack if you need to...

Average he is loosing per week is 7-10 pounds for the past two weeks... It is a diet many weight lifting or personal trainers offer up for lifting or intense workouts... He is in the gym lifting 3 days a week and doing aerobics 3 days a week... On his one off day he can rest, but needs to walk at minimum 30 minutes. (he usually does yard work that day...)

Give it a try might help you with your goals.. Remember cut the calories at am and evening meals for a female...
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote