Old 04-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Can you "cook" a salad?

I'm going on the yellow menu (Day 1-4). Wondering if you can cook the salads? The veggies listed for salads are a lot like the "cooked" veggies. Should I be literal with the salads category or can I cook those veggies too?

Also, did anyone do better by drinking more HNS drinks while on this menu?
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeefraug View Post
I'm going on the yellow menu (Day 1-4). Wondering if you can cook the salads? The veggies listed for salads are a lot like the "cooked" veggies. Should I be literal with the salads category or can I cook those veggies too?

Also, did anyone do better by drinking more HNS drinks while on this menu?
For days 1 - 4, if it calls for "raw" veggies (8 oz.), that's pretty much literal. The menus will note when you have the option to eat raw or cooked veggies.

As for drinking more HNS drinks, it's limited due to health safety more than anything else. Here's a link to what I had posted about it before: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...ml#post3790232
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I had to be literal or not. Wonder why raw vs cooked except that cooked can result in more salt being used?
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

It means it can bring out more sugar in the vegetables.
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

In addition, when you are on a restricted menu in the beginning, you need to make sure you are getting all your nutrients in. Cooking will sometimes strip the veggies of those nutrients.

The time will be up before you know it and most women lose a lot of weight on the first 10 days of the menu which is a great motivator to keep going.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote