Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #16  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
so this is good to know. They are in fact the "miraclenoodle" or some other brand?
Kroger's carries one brand, HyVee carries another. I don't remember the names of the brands off-hand, but they are all essentially the same.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #17  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Okay, now this is good news. Thanks so much shannysmomma!

I can imagine anything being any better in a stir fry -- not anything!
I rinsed them well, then placed them on parchment paper in a backing dish in a hot oven as the directions specified from Miracle Noodle which left them without the fishy odor they have when you first open them, as they are packed in a fishing-smelling liquid. I did not taste that at all though. And I cooked them a bit in the stir fry which changed (softened) their consistency some. So I liked that. Good luck if you give them a try.
You are very welcome!!! I haven't tried them, but a friend has and she bought hers at a Safeway I believe.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I found them at my local Publix. I asked if they were op for Meta-Slim and was asked the vegetarian question. I was told, "Well i'm not really sure. Can you bring in the nutrition facts with you next time you come in." I read them over the phone and still got the same response. I think i'm still going to use them. I'm a little worried that only being on the blue menu right now might throw things off. When did y'all start using the noodles?
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #19  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
I found them at my local Publix. I asked if they were op for Meta-Slim and was asked the vegetarian question. I was told, "Well i'm not really sure. Can you bring in the nutrition facts with you next time you come in." I read them over the phone and still got the same response. I think i'm still going to use them. I'm a little worried that only being on the blue menu right now might throw things off. When did y'all start using the noodles?
I didn't start using them until a couple months into the program--and I don't use them very often.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #20  

Ok. I think I'm going to hold off on using them. I can cook them for my dbf. P
Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #21  

Quote:
Anyone tried the miracle noodle (shirataki noodles -- no carbs, no calories, no gluten) on the MRC plan?

I used them last night for a superb stir fry. I miss potatoes and bread and pasta, so I am thinking I have found a fix!

If anyone knows of any reason why this isn't such a good idea, I am open to your thoughts! They are packed with fiber too!

www.miraclenoodle.com
I haven't asked the center (will the next time I call). I agree though that I don't know why they wouldn't work. I ordered some last Thurs. and got them today. Pretty quick shipping.

I just made a stir fry tonight with spinach, onions, mushrooms and shrimp. Just what I happened to have around. They really have no taste so they worked just fine.

I'm thinking I'm going to try making an egg drop soup with chicken bullion supplement. I'll let you know how it turns out.

If you have any cooking suggestions, I'd like to hear them.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #22  

I was given the all-clear from my ctr today. The noodles will be the starch in my meal.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #23  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

All right! Promising.
Perhaps if we just all remember, "all things in moderation" we can enjoy enjoy!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote