3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   2 steps forward, 1 step back (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/215527-2-steps-forward-1-step-back.html)

bbygrl77 10-23-2010 03:14 AM

2 steps forward, 1 step back

I'm in a very difficult stage of this journey. I love the way I look and how my clothes are fitting. I am the smallest that I've been in 15 years. I travel a lot for business and this keeps slowing my progress. Last months trip cost me 4 pounds. I had an all day Dental seminar today out of town which included meals. I thought it would be buffet style and that I could pick things that are OP. Instead it was a four fork, three knives, two spoons, our first course is, our second course is, would you pass the Grey Poupon kind of day. (Salad already dressed in caesar dressing, grilled salmon drizzled in two different cream sauces atop mashed potatoes, green beans roasted with butter, etc.) The food was exquisite. Top of the line, but no choices or modifications. I have a weigh in on Tuesday and I feel like canceling it because I will inevitably gain weight. My 17 weeks are half way over and I'm nowhere near where I need to be to reach goal. I feel like a loser every time I get on the scale and it's a gain.:(

Sherral 10-23-2010 07:17 AM

You are not a loser. The only way to lose is to quit. I had a bad day yesterday too. I went to the center and lost 1.5 lbs but I woke up hungry and went off when I went to work, today is a new day with new choices and I am back on, join me, we can do this.

Sherral

hatethesweatpants 10-23-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbygrl77 (Post 3534342)
I'm in a very difficult stage of this journey. I love the way I look and how my clothes are fitting. I am the smallest that I've been in 15 years. I travel a lot for business and this keeps slowing my progress. Last months trip cost me 4 pounds. I had an all day Dental seminar today out of town which included meals. I thought it would be buffet style and that I could pick things that are OP. Instead it was a four fork, three knives, two spoons, our first course is, our second course is, would you pass the Grey Poupon kind of day. (Salad already dressed in caesar dressing, grilled salmon drizzled in two different cream sauces atop mashed potatoes, green beans roasted with butter, etc.) The food was exquisite. Top of the line, but no choices or modifications. I have a weigh in on Tuesday and I feel like canceling it because I will inevitably gain weight. My 17 weeks are half way over and I'm nowhere near where I need to be to reach goal. I feel like a loser every time I get on the scale and it's a gain.:(

Oh, I wish I could drive down to the Springs and give you a great big :hug: !!! You know, we all have different things in our life that are going to make program a challenge. But, it's our life! For me, it's staying home and packing lunches for 4 kids and trying to keep out of the Goldfish and cookies! I think the hard part of this program is that you really do feel like a failure if you don't do it perfectly - and that's not life.

I think (just my opinion), that you are going to have to take ownership of the food plan and make it your own. Take the reins, so to speak. For example, if you're at this fancy luncheon and you can see what's going to happen, maybe say to yourself, "I will only take 3-4 bites of each thing, skip bread and dessert, and drink lots of water." I say this, because you can only do what you can do. Feeling guilty or like a loser is not going to help you reach your goals. If you can stay on plan most of the time, and have a few of those kinda-off-plan meals, you will succeed and be better off in the long run.

Another thing that has helped me stay on track is to constantly remind myself of my "WHY." I made a list of all the great reasons to lose weight and get healthy. When I'm going through a hard time, I revisit that list and try to visualize myself at that healthy weight. All of the sudden, the pie doesn't look nearly as appetizing. :o

I'm reading a GREAT book right now called Thin for Life. It's 10 tips from weight loss masters - those who have kept off a significant amount of weight for years. It's really, really good and I would suggest picking it up!

Again, big :hug: to you! You can do this! It just may look a little different that everyone else. But, the title of your post describes life perfectly...we're moving forward, but with lots of little bumps in the road. Reach for the moon, and touch the stars.

theycallmemom 10-23-2010 11:04 AM

I agree with Heatherinsweatpants! We can only do what we can do! And it sounds to me like you are being way to hard on yourself. Your human, Im human, were all human! Today is a new day!