Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/160/130

Height: 5.0

Default Conditioning

I just finished day two of conditioning and did really well, except I did cheat and eat a cheese stick for a snack. Here's my question, on my sheet nor my counsler really specified serving sizes. It seems like I'm constantly hungry. I'm drinking a LOT of water, but it just seems awfully long between meals. I'm snacking on cucumbers since they're free, but I'm wondering if my portion sizes are to small. Does anyone know like is it a cup of fruit, a cup of veggies, etc? I'm been doing about 1/3 of a cup along with either chicken breast or roast beef.
Sunshine0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #2  

weigh the vegetables ... 8 oz fresh, 4 oz cooked.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Actually, in pre-conditioning, just eat until you're satisfied at meals. You don't have to measure or weigh, if I remember correctly. It is a long time between meals and you just have to hoooollllddd oooonnnn! It will get better, I promise. Right now, you're sort of detoxing from carbs. They tend to make you feel immediately full. Believe me when I say that your body will thank you for this, but right now, it's stomping it's foot and pitching a fit! Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I just checked my pre-conditioning menu and it gives amounts for the most part.

For example, it reads:

apple juice (1/3 cup) -- this is sugar free
apricots (2 medium)
blackberries (1 cup)

most veggies are not specified and in cases where there is a star (*), you can use those as "free" for snacks in between.

The purpose of this menu is to cleanse your palate. I did this menu over 8 days and dropped 5.5 lbs. You will release a lot of water weight over this time period.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm not on this program, but i would find out which fruits/veggies you can have alot of. berries are great. lots of fiber and we can't tell at all.

you can eat a huge amount of greens, i bet. because they have so few cal and so good for us.

what about beans? these are low in carbs(except baked beans loaded with sugar) and VERY filling. lentils in the same family, but i think they have less gas. no soaking needed for lentils.

hope you find a solution that works for you.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I just finished preconditioning on friday and all my menu said was to make sure starches were under 50 cals but everything else just have in moderation and veggies were free and can have them between meals as well. Oh and fruit, a medium size was fine. Sounds like its different for everyone, lol.. but I say if you are so hungry between meals make your meals bigger, larger salad or more oz's of protein etc.. no need to be hungry this soon in the plan
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
I just checked my pre-conditioning menu and it gives amounts for the most part.

For example, it reads:

apple juice (1/3 cup) -- this is sugar free
apricots (2 medium)
blackberries (1 cup)

most veggies are not specified and in cases where there is a star (*), you can use those as "free" for snacks in between.

The purpose of this menu is to cleanse your palate. I did this menu over 8 days and dropped 5.5 lbs. You will release a lot of water weight over this time period.
I just resigned last week. They have changed preconditioning slightly. Now, it totally consists of ONLY the foods that are allowed on the program. In fact, the preconditioning menu is given as a shopping list for the program. I personally think that is great because I can't tell you how many people have gone out and stocked up on the preconditioning menu only to find they can't eat it on the regular program.

They also added edamame and quinoa to the menu.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #8  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post

To which menu did they add the edamame and the quinoa?
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
To which menu did they add the edamame and the quinoa?

They are now included as a bread serving on all the menus that allow beans & peas, oatmeal, etc. I guess that is the green and beige (just not the first ten days' menus). Serving size is same.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
I just resigned last week. They have changed preconditioning slightly. Now, it totally consists of ONLY the foods that are allowed on the program. In fact, the preconditioning menu is given as a shopping list for the program. I personally think that is great because I can't tell you how many people have gone out and stocked up on the preconditioning menu only to find they can't eat it on the regular program.

Nice! Yes, I was one that stocked up on things that I couldn't have after preconditioning, but at least my husband got the benefit! He has been hooked on the cereal I purchased for that time period ever since. And of course, this is due to that MRC doesn't reveal things all at once, but trickles the info to you, so you had no way of knowing this. Glad to see that MRC recognized this as a flaw! Good to know!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Nice! Yes, I was one that stocked up on things that I couldn't have after preconditioning, but at least my husband got the benefit! He has been hooked on the cereal I purchased for that time period ever since. And of course, this is due to that MRC doesn't reveal things all at once, but trickles the info to you, so you had no way of knowing this. Glad to see that MRC recognized this as a flaw! Good to know!
I do think they are getting better. Most of the centers anyway. Sometimes it just depends on the individuals involved as well.