Old 02-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/157/135

Height: 5'3

Default Anyone having weird side effects from cortitrim or DHEA?

Hi everyone, I've been doing the MRC diet now for a little over a month. I have been pretty successful, losing about 10 lbs (and this included a slip up or 2). I just got the results back from my saliva hormone testing. I was kind of surprised to learn that everything was low. I thought that my cortisol might be high due to stress but it was also low throughout the day. So, my center pushed for me to start taking Cortitrim, DHEA, DIM, and progesterone cream. I have trusted them up to this point so I felt like it was safe for them to advise me to take these things. It is day 3 now of taking these. I looked in the mirror this morning and noticed that my face and ears were breaking out into a rash and felt really hot. I'm not sick or anything so I can only assume that one of the hormones is causing this. I am a little concerned about taking the cortitrim; wouldn't that cause my cortisol levels to be lower? Does anyone have any ideas on this? I am going to consult with my doctor and see what she says but I'm not so sure that MRC is knowledgable enough to advise me on taking hormones.
Bubblebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW211(MRC-SW193.6)/182/130

Height: 5'0"

I'm taking Corti-trim with no problems, but I'm not taking any of the others. What's DIM?
mandiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW211(MRC-SW193.6)/182/130

Height: 5'0"

I did a search, and see that DIM is Estrogen. Do you have any other allergies? Maybe the source of one of the hormones is causing the problem? For example, my dad is allergic to mammals. He gets terrible hives from beef, pork, bison, etc, but he's fine with Chicken. It has something to do with ticks? It's surprising what kind of things you can be allergic to.

I always say, "trust your body." Even doctors are just "practicing" medicine.
mandiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I too have had no issues with Cortitrim. But I would say discontinue use of all three until your rash goes away...then try one at a time to see which one is causing it...if you want to keep using them. It might be just one causing the issue.

Don't risk your health!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I've had no side effects on the Corti-Trim. However, I agree that it is very important that you talk to your primary care physician. Hormone therapy needs to be closely monitored.

Last edited by SandyKC0SWJ; 02-15-2011 at 10:15 PM.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/157/135

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone, thanks for the advice! I went to my center and mentioned that I was having a weird reaction to one of the hormones. They thought it was probably the Natural Balance progesterone cream and said they have heard of it causing these reactions. They did almost seem a little offended that something they suggested I do would cause a problem. I did talk to my Gyn doctor about the saliva test results and if she thought I should be taking anything. The first thing she told me was that saliva testing hasn't been "tested" enough yet to confirm whether or not these results are reliable. I think she is a pretty good doctor so I trust her judgement though I do want to believe that the saliva test is valid (as I paid almost $200 for it!) So, I think I may be somewhere in the middle between what my center tells me and what my traditional doctor thinks. I think I will try taking the hormones again (as I seem to have a lot of the symptoms that go along with the saliva test) but proceed very slowly with them. It does kind of surprise me how fast MRC will try to sell you a bunch of hormones, which can really affect a person, and tell you to take the strongest doses possible right from the beginning.
Bubblebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #7  
Wastin' away again...

S/C/G: 200/169/155

Height: 5'8"

No issues with Corti-Trim, but I only take Corti-Trim and MRC-6, nothing else.
KSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Did some research on Cortitrim and it seems to be natural vit. you can get over the counter at any health food shop or pharmacy. Ashwagadha, siberian ginseng, green team leaf extract, hydoxycitrate complex, and Vit B complex.

You might want to cost compare.
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

MRC-6 ingredients are Vit B6 and Lecithin again look for these at health food shops or online
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote