Old 10-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

yeah I told her and she said it was fine, I got to thinking about it more after I left so that is why I brought it up here.. I know if I was on a low carb plan (like atkins) that would be an awesome reading so I didn't know if it was good on this either or not..
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Spryng – BTW, I love the way you spell your name. Thanks for the welcome. I have been enjoying reading your posts. I appreciate how upbeat and positive you are, that will get you all the way to goal! The double chocolate pudding is great, enjoy. Wow, dark maroon, maybe the sticks were old or something.

Junie – did you hit your 50 lbs. That is awesome weight loss in a little bit of time. Congrats on your success so far!

April – Hi there, nice loss this week, can you have your meal at lunch on Mediquick and do the meal replacements for breakfast and supper?

Last edited by Sherral; 10-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #108  

Mediquick doesn't allow MRCs for supper...you need food to get through the overnight fast. Having said that, on occasion I used them for supper when I got home from work way too late to eat.

Mediquick, even when I did it to the letter, didn't work for me, not during or after. It effects everyone differently. It was very convenient which is why I did it.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #109  

Good afternoon all!

I have to just say the double chocolate pudding was great!! I haven't had chocolate in 12 days so it was heaven on my tongue, lol.. I haven't craved sweets or chocolate but it was still nice to have, a nice change.

Well I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Hope you all are having a great OP day!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #110  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherral View Post
Spryng – BTW, I love the way you spell your name. Thanks for the welcome. I have been enjoying reading your posts. I appreciate how upbeat and positive you are, that will get you all the way to goal! The double chocolate pudding is great, enjoy. Wow, dark maroon, maybe the sticks were old or something.

Junie – did you hit your 50 lbs. That is awesome weight loss in a little bit of time. Congrats on your success so far!

April – Hi there, nice loss this week, can you have your meal at lunch on Mediquick and do the meal replacements for breakfast and supper?

Yes I did, Sherral! Thanks for remembering. I made it to 51!

Thank you! You are doing great yourself.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie04 View Post
Yes I did, Sherral! Thanks for remembering. I made it to 51!

Thank you! You are doing great yourself.
Awesome! How exciting, you must feel so good about your accomplishment.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

So I got two excellent pieces of new today...

1) at WI today, I have lost 2.5 pounds...making it 3 for the week...total weight loss of 17 pounds! (my ticker has been a little off....until now!)

2) yesterday I had my sugar retested. Earlier in the summer, my A1C level (measurement of sugar over 3-4 months) was pre-diabetic. Now...its in the NORMAL range! Woohoo! The doctor was so proud of me and I am so relieved that diabetes is not an immeadiate scare!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #113  

That is all great news razorbackbritt!!! how long have you been on the plan?

Junie congrats on breaking 50lbs!!! how exciting!!!

Well my day is going well. I don't think my scale and I are friends any longer, lol.. I have been following this plan to a T.. weighing, measuring EVERYTHING, taking my supplements and hns's.. and I'm on the strictest menu (yellow and now blue) and I showed a .4 gain today.. I'm not letting it get me down but if I don't lose anything at my weigh in on saturday I'm gonna talk to the counselors about it.. I'm also looking forward to the green menu. I was just really praying to be down 15 lbs by thanksgiving and at this rate it's not gonna happen. I know stalls and slight gains are normal so it's not making me want to eat something off plan or anything but even though you know it's gonna happen doesn't mean you have to like it, LOL. But I'll keep plugging along each day and I know eventually my body has to cooperate. Oh and I tried the hot chocolate today, it was even better than the pudding!! yum!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #114  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
I know stalls and slight gains are normal so it's not making me want to eat something off plan or anything but even though you know it's gonna happen doesn't mean you have to like it, LOL. But I'll keep plugging along each day and I know eventually my body has to cooperate. Oh and I tried the hot chocolate today, it was even better than the pudding!! yum!
I agree on struggling with the stalls and gains, but it usually makes me want to eat something off plan (kind of like a self-defeating "it's not working anyway, so I might as well eat something I like"). Which, of course, makes me feel down on myself and makes the rest of the diet that much more of a struggle. Yay for you keeping a positive attitude about it, though!

I also agree on the hot chocolate--Yum! I liked the first few bites of the pudding, but the more I ate it, the more it seemed to have an odd aftertaste.

Last edited by teacherlady79; 10-21-2010 at 02:12 PM.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #115  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post

1) at WI today, I have lost 2.5 pounds...making it 3 for the week...total weight loss of 17 pounds! (my ticker has been a little off....until now!)

2) yesterday I had my sugar retested. Earlier in the summer, my A1C level (measurement of sugar over 3-4 months) was pre-diabetic. Now...its in the NORMAL range! Woohoo! The doctor was so proud of me and I am so relieved that diabetes is not an immeadiate scare!

This is the best news ever. While it is so great to shed the pounds, fending off diabetes is even better, so a huge congrats to you RazorBB.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 10-21-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Thank you Joy! The normal sugar reading was the best news! I was walking to campus when the doctor called and wanted to cry I was so happy!

Spryng...I have been on program for 41ish days (maybe 42, 43...around that). Don't give up! Your initial loss was probably water weight...now your body is beginning to fat burn. I lost 5 pounds during pre-cond, then gained .5 for 2 weeks...then started losing like crazy. Stay on program...it works! Just be patient! Also, be sure you are drinking enough water. Now that I've bumped my water from 90 to 120 ounces a day, I have seen more weight loss.

Good luck!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #117  

oh I'm not considering giving up, lol.. but wow razarbackbritt, you gained for two weeks and still stuck through it?! that is real endurance!! How did you stay sane those 2 weeks praying it would start going the other direction?? You are a true motivation, thanks for sharing that!

teacherlady, I agree about the pudding, it did have an aftertaste! I'm looking forward to putting it in some recipes but not sure if I want much by itself, lol

so what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm on the Blue menu so tonight I think will be some tilapia and brocoli stir fry with a slice of bread on side.. simple and easy and pretty tasty if I can find the right seasonings, lol so what you all having??
Old 10-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post

That is such great news!
I have not seen my doctor since I started, I can't wait to see her, I know she will be happy with my progress. She has alot to do with me being able to do it. I had been in her office talking about my problems sticking and nervous eating, so she put me on an anti anxiety med and it was a very low dose. I only took it for about a month but it really helped me in the beginning not to turn to food to handle my stress. I think I will bring her flowers on my next visit!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Such good news all around, everyone! Congrats! Spryng, your body has NO choice. It will cooperate! Just rest assured that you are burning fat and you will see a big drop eventually. Way to hang in there.

I started stabilization today! Wow, so nervous, but excited!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #120  

congrats Debi!!! so what changes for you now, did they add something new today? and I know you are right.. maybe I just need to stay off my scale at home because yet again I've lost nothing today and my official weigh in at the center is tomorrow and I'm not having much hope on seeing any loss this week and I feel like I've given it 110% so it is starting to bring me down some.. but I'm only on the blue menu two more days, monday I will start the green so maybe something will pick up then. So I'm trying to stay optimistic and strong, lol I really am! I have no urge to go off plan or anything I just hope if something doesn't happen soon they'll have a plan B for me to try to get things moving again or SOMETHING, LOL