Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

razorbackbritt, you snuck in on me while I was posting, lol.. oh sushi would be my downfall too! I LOVE that stuff, lol.. but the good news is that your gain is probably ALL due to the soy sauce for sure, remember it takes an additional 3500 calories to gain one lb of fat, so if you see your scale move so suddenly it's usually ALWAYS due to water retention and will be gone in a day or two max and sushi is naturally low calorie so I'm sure it won't set you back very much. I have no tried the shakes yet (are the good?) but I know I have a hard time getting my hot chocolate and powder hns's clump free too, so maybe someone else knows some tricks for that, I'd love to know too!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #137  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Well....I goofed up last night and had sushi with my husband. It was a date night, and I just couldn't bring myself to let him eat sushi alone while I ordered steamed chicken and veggies....so I indulged.

I am up 2 pounds today, which is most likely water weight due to the salt in the soy sauce. I'm tightening back up, but I always feel so sad about going off program when I weigh the next morning and have gained.

Also, I started drinking some the shakes for breakfast...and I can't seem to get them to not be chunky. I tried a shaker, a mixer, and I still have lumps of powder in my drink. Any tips for that? I don't like chewing my drinks....
Yeah, I fell off the wagon this weekend, too. We were really busy doing yardwork on Sunday--trying to beat the forecasted showers that never ended up happening--and I just made myself a quick PB&J sandwich rather than making something on-plan (already had a shake that morning, so couldn't do another one, bah!). Then we went to a friend's yesterday and I did ok for lunch, but ended up snacking on a few cookies, chip, and popcorn in the afternoon.

Anyway--I love the shakes for breakfast. I use my Magic Bullet to make mine and they come out silky-smooth. I put the water in first, then the powder, so the powder ends up closest to the mixing blades. It just takes a few seconds. If you're using a regular blender, I would recommend putting the powder in first (at the bottom), then gently pouring the water on top. For some reason, that just seems to mix it better.

Spryng--As far as the hot cocoa, it's hit or miss and usually has a few chunks. It helps if you use extra-hot water, stir/mash, and then let it sit a few minutes before stirring again and drinking. I also usually stir with a fork and use a couple extra ounces of water.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 206/191/130

Height: 5'4

Spryng, when you say efa's do you mean the multivitamin and the flax oil/omega 3-6-9? I did already do a consult I'm just worried because I seen some comments about the program on a different site. Alot were putting MRC down and alot were saying it worked great. So I guess I'm just confused and afraid of spending $400 just for the program if it doesn't work. I think I have decided I still want to do it. I am scared because I don't know what to expect. I do know that I will have to learn to drink water and lay off the caffeine. I have a 6 yr old so it would be nice if he could eat some of what I will have to eat. As for the menus I thought each person got put on one menu and that was it. Sounds like you change it up every 4-5 days? Could any of you give me an idea of what Ill be eating? I am a very picky eater so I'm worried about that as well. Also, I'm probably going to sound like a pig when I ask this but...I have a large family and we love Thanksgiving, with that coming up what do they advise you to do, not eat with your family? I am sorry this post is so long so hopefully someone will read it lol
ShaddenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #139  

Oh btw Teacherlady, I see you are in Omaha as well? What center do you go to the Bellevue one or the Omaha one? Have they ever been like pushy sales ppl to you?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 167/160/130

Height: 5.0

spryng, my email is shorstuf283 at live dot com. Sorry, I haven't posted enough yet to be able to put my email in. LOL I'm really curious to see whats ahead for me! Today wasn't to bad on the yellow, but now I'm off to my mother in laws for a cookout. I'm going to try and stay op as much as possible...wish me luck! LOL
Sunshine0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #141  

sunshine, I just emailed the blue menu to you, let me know if you don't get it, I hope I put your email in right, lol.. good luck at the cookout! just plan ahead and stay strong, you can do it!

shadden, yes EFA's are the omega 3's and 6's.. and yeah every diet will get negative feedback as well as positive, it's just sifting through the ones that didn't really try on the program and wanted to blame the program etc.. I think every diet out there works IF we work them, just some doesn't fit our lifestyles as well as others. I can't speak for everyone else on here but for me this plan is working 110%.. I've tried everything from atkins to nutrisystem and what I needed was a stricter plan with accountability of a coach or counselor. I can't lose weight with just an online forum of friends, it helps but I need someone looking at my food log and saying, Nope you shouldn't have had that or seeing my weigh in's and know I'm following the plan etc, I needed someone breathing down my neck for once, lol.. and I told the ladies at my center to give it to me straight and not be nice if they see me veer off, lol.. and it's working, I honestly can't tell you the last time I've been on a program 17 days and not cheated already.. something has just "clicked" this time. Not saying I'll always be perfect for sure, thanksgiving is a planned off day for me but the center is aware and they said they'll help me by suggesting serving sizes etc so at least I can maintain that week, they are totally supportive! But anyway, I hope you decide what is right for you whether it's this plan or not. What helped me decide as well was I went through old posts, back to 2007 on here and read for hours and saw the successes everyone was having, it's inspiring and realistic for sure. Hope that helps!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Shadden, I agree with everything Spryng says. It works if you make it work! I've tried so many things and it wasn't a problem with the "diet" per se, but with my readiness and ability to follow the plan. Losing weight is a mathematical equation. You just need to find a program that you can stick with and you will see success.

@ Spryng, maintenance is going well. Just having to face the demons of having a bit more freedom and not going overboard! >-< This is a long journey and process!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #143  

Thank you all for your posts. I know that for me to keep going I need that person breathing down my neck as well. I also need the meal planning and somewhat quick results so that I know it's working. I am one that gets discouraged easily. I was just worried that it might not be a good time to start with the holidays coming up, and my 30th birthday in the begining of January. However I don't really want to wait that long to start because then I feel like I am just making excuses for myself to not do it.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #144  

Debi I see your ticker has changed and you are down 5 more lbs, congrats!!! you are sooo close to goal!!

Shadden, I turn 31 in feb so I know what you mean and just think you could be down 25+ lbs by your bday! How great is that for a present? lol.. my goal this year is to be at goal by my bday as well, feb 11th..I cannot wait!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 167/160/130

Height: 5.0

spryng, I didn't get the email. Its shortstuf283 at live.com I didn't check but I might've typed it in wrong I was in a hurry. LOL

Ladies, I FAILED at the cookout tonight, my mother had veggies so i ate those and my drink thinking I was doing ok, but when the hawaain sweet rolls and butter came out...omg I caved and I caved HARD. I'm feeling so guilty now. I've been sailing through this so far not cheating other then the first day and I just sunk myself. So here's my question I'm on day 1 of the yellow menu, thursday was my last day, should I go ahead and do it through friday to make up? Or just go ahead and start the blue menu as planned? The rest of this week WILL be better! Hope you all have started your week out better then me!
Sunshine0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #146  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaddenA View Post
Oh btw Teacherlady, I see you are in Omaha as well? What center do you go to the Bellevue one or the Omaha one? Have they ever been like pushy sales ppl to you?
Hi ShaddenA--

I go to the one on 120th & Blondo. I live in midtown, so either one (West O or Bellevue) is kind of a drive for me. Char (Charlotte) is my favorite consultant, but I like Brad & Thea, as well. When you go for your initial appts/visits, try to get in with one of them (it's ok to request specific people sometimes). They are all required to tell you about the supplements they sell, but some consultants are a lot less pushy than others--Char & Brad are especially about helping you be successful, and once you say "no," they don't push the sales pitches.

As far as the menus go, I think it depends on how much weight you have to lose, what your eating preferences are, and how aggressively you want to lose weight. Since I'm over 200 lbs, I'm on the beige (MetaSlim, I think) menu. I actually started on the white menu (MetaSLim Plus) until I hit 250 lbs, then the switched me to this one. My understanding is that I"ll stay on this one until I get closer to 200 lbs.

I was miserable during preconditioning--hungry all the time and desperately craving carbs. But once I started on the menu, I was fine. I remember telling my consultant (Char) that I was miserable before actually starting on the menu, and she asked if I wanted to try the menu she had planned for me, or if I would rather go with a "Less aggressive" menu. I decided to try the one she planned, and it's been fine.

I'm a picky eater, too, though I didn't realize it until I started this diet. I really don't like many veggies, and I get sick of them easily. For the most part, though, it's been okay. It was scary at first, but once you get into the routine, it's not bad.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #147  

Well I live in South Omaha so I thought that Bellevue was closer for me, I just hear so much that all the centers are different. Some great and some not good. I had my consult with Andra at the Bellevue location. I am at 204 right now with a goal weight of 130 in 24 weeks. I also tend to not like eating the same things over and over so I will have to keep reminding myself what I'm doing this for.

Spryng, I would love to be 25lbs+ lighter by then, my birthday is 1/6 and it would be one of the best birthday presents to myself. Good luck to you also on hitting your goal by 2/11
Old 10-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good mornning everyone

Debi, nice loss. Dropping 5 when you are so close to goal is no easy feat, so happy for you. You help keep us motivated.

Well, I hope my fall off the wagon is over, it is so tough for me to get going again but i have great counselors that help me and of course all of you do too.

Spryng, always love to read your posts!

It is great to see all the new posters. Welcome.

Busy day today, need to get an early start. I hope everyone has a great day on program.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #149  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
Welcome Patzi! What have been some of their suggestions for breaking stalls?? I'm always curious to see how many different plans they have or tweaking they can do to make it work for each of us, I really am in love with this plan

Junie, how is your weekend going?

Sunshine, I know what you mean about the yellow menu! I just finished it about 5 days ago and that 8 oz salad at lunch and then another 4 oz at dinner with 4 oz of cooked veggies was a killer! I'll be so glad when I get to the green menu and never have to eat another salad (unless I want to, lol) but the yellow menu will put you in deep fat burn so it's pretty great, so hang in there and remember it's just 4 days long!
Hi Spryng! How are you doing this week?

My weekend was pretty good. I am supposed to weigh in today but I am not sure if I will make it. The weather is looking pretty bad.

Do you all weigh in twice a week or do you just go in once? It's becoming increasingly hard to get there twice a week, though I haven't missed yet. I think I might ask them about me going only once a week. What do you all think?
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #150  

yay! my mid week weigh in today, I'm down another lb!!! and I wore my jeans this time (I had been wearing my light shorts and t shirt but it was too cold today) so I'm thrilled

Junie, the week is going fantastic! I have been weighin in twice a week too but they did tell me once would be fine, up to me.. since I live about 45 min away. But so far the twice a week hasn't been a problem, but when winter sets in I bet I go down to one, I live in a very hilly place with lots of bluffs and winding roads that freeze quickly so I'll be extra cautious once that weather sets in.