Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Default weigh ins

I was wondering if everyone goes to the center twice a week to get weighed? I live about thirty minutes from the center, and feel like i get very little out of my consultations. I learn more from this site than i do from my meetings. I am getting healthy for me and therefore don't rely on claps and chears for motivation, not that there is anything wrong with it. I have the same scale at home, so when i walk in the door i already know my weight, bmi, etc. I feel like going in twice a week is more of an opportunity to try and sell me pills. I think once a week is enough for me.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/212/150

Height: 5'1"

I was going in twice a week but have dropped it down to only once. I always have a little one in tow and typically spend more time in line waiting then I do with a consultant. I like you, already know what the scale will say as far as pounds and at my location they don't do the BMI very often.
icansucceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

One thing I haven't budged on is going in twice/week for my weigh ins. At this point, I am more knowledgeable than a few of the consultants, but it really keeps me accountable to know that Tues/Fri are my weigh in days no matter what. I'm with you; I don't get a ton out of the consultations, but it keeps me on track mentally. Just my preference!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

You know, I really felt in the first 5 months, when I dropped the most weight, that those visits twice a week were really good for me and I liked the accountability it provided. And I still think I would benefit greatly by doing this again, as I have slowed so much and began to venture out to other foods and so forth, so as I begin to hit it the plan hard again as of yesterday, I intend to go back to twice a week, but if you don't need to, you DON'T need too. And you don't have to!

I know that because of those regular visits, and at that time I was keeping a regular food diary, I was able to see some moments when I ate something not on plan and wouldn't have realized it if not for the consultation! My center is not pushy on supplements, so that didn't enter my mind.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #5  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

I live 50 minutes away from my center so I only weigh in once a week as well. I just got back on 'strict' plan this past week as well and was down 3.5 lbs Saturday. I forgot how exillerating it is when you have a great loss for the week. It is a great sense of accomplishment!

One thing that helps me is my weekly motivation schedule:
Saturdays- WI
Tuesdays - Watch Biggest Loser
Thursday - Center staff call me for a check in
Saturday - I start all over again!!

I haven't been good about posting for several months, but have been reading a great deal of the posts. I agree that this site is a wonderful source of support, information and motivation!

Everyone have a great week!

two
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote