Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #1  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Default Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)!

Someone created a thread where we could all list our non-scale victories several months ago, but it was getting kind of long, is hard to find, and we have a newer crowd on the forum now--so I thought I'd start a new one.

Post your Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) here!

Here are some of mine, to start:

**Hubby can't keep his hands off me these days. And he brags about me to his friends.

**My sister was so proud of me the other day that she started crying. Her opinion means a lot to me.

**Without meaning to, I have inspired several officemates/colleagues to start exercising and eating more healthy.

**My thighs don't practically catch on fire from rubbing anymore when I'm wearing shorts/skirts. AND, shorts don't ride up on me as much as they used to.

**I can wear shorts/swimsuit without feeling sad/disgusting.

**I don't get all hot and sweaty as easily. I'm excited to actually do outdoorsy stuff this summer! In the past, I avoided doing things I love because I hated looking fat and sweaty and feeling smelly (from sweat).

**I ran to the store, threw in laundry, emptied/reloaded the dishwasher, watered the sod, fed the dogs, and cooked dinner after work yesterday! I used to only have enough energy to get home, maybe make something easy (like mac&cheese), and then lay on the couch all evening.

**I can fly in planes much much much more comfortably, and people don't have that "oh, crap, please don't sit next to me" look on their face when they see me coming--or give me dirty looks. I travel a lot for work, so this has been a big deal for me.

Last edited by teacherlady79; 05-18-2011 at 07:43 PM.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

Hello? Is this thing on?

Also, my plantar fasciitis is gone. No more burning foot pain or ugly shoes!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

So far...

1. People have noticed and complimented.
2. I can bend over and tie my shoes without feeling like I'm going to get dizzy and fall over... I can also breath while I'm doing it.
3. My pants are all pretty much fitting without me undoing the zipper and buttons.
5. I'm also not sooo tired every day after work and have been motivated to clean and even mow!
pnvomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I am now officially a fitness instructor at a gym teaching Zumba. Never would have thought that possible!

I have also been getting remarks from people at work like "you are so healthy" when they see my lunch...compared to their fast food!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #5  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

I added 2 more pairs of jeans to my donation stack because they are too big.

I need to go buy a new bra and according my calcuations, I've gone from a 52 to a 46?? Going to Catherine's this weekend to have them double check. I got a bra from Lane Bryant a few weeks back and it was uncomfortable but it doesn't even seem to fit anymore.

One of the consultants was teaching the Stay Motivated class at the center and said that she was just going to sit down and let me teach it because I already do a lot of the suggestions that she was giving. After class, she asked if I would come in and be an inspirational speaker! WOW! Who would have thought?? And I'm only 34lbs down and several to go but she said that doesn't matter.. my attitude is what will help people. So, I told her I would love to Will keep everyone posted on that.

And yes, the compliments and always great!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #6  

Let's see:
  1. Not winded by getting up and walking to the fridge for food.
  2. I can carry my 3 year old about 15 minutes before my arms get tired & minus the heavy panting.
  3. I went down 2 sizes in shirts to an 18/20, 4 inches in my bra band not cup, and I am almost in a size 18 (was 24) pant.
  4. I am actually eating healthier and loving it, I actually ate something fried a few weeks back and thought I was going to be violently ill.
  5. I love being more mobile in sand volleyball .. although my thighs are still touching!

Hmm .. that's all i can think of right now .. but I'm sure I'll think of more as I continue my journey!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #7  
Started March 26, 2011

Default I Squatted!!!

I've never really been able to squat down to look for something or tie my shoe. But yesterday, I was trying to find something in our little fridge at work and couldn't see in the back... so I squatted, found what I was looking for and stood right back up! I was shocked! It was pretty much effortless.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #8  
Started March 26, 2011

I didn't have to ask for a seat belt extender on the plane to Chicago!

I also felt like I had more leg & lap room.

Still can't put the tray down without it hitting my belly! But maybe next time
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #9  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
I didn't have to ask for a seat belt extender on the plane to Chicago!

I also felt like I had more leg & lap room.
Yay! I have to travel a lot for work (and flying out of Omaha, we frequently take puddle-jumpers to a larger airport for our connections), and this is one thing that made me EXTREMELY happy about my weight loss. I used to be uncomfortable during my trips, exhausted afterwards, and completely tight and sore from holding myself in uncomfortable positions so I'm not "touching" the person next to me or taking up more than my share of space.

Another NSV for me-- I don't snore anymore (unless I have a cold)! Sleep apnea runs in my family and my snoring was getting so bad that my husband was choosing to sleep on the couch rather than with me. But--no more!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/205/160

Height: 5'7

I have been able to give away all my old cloths as they no longer fit. Have found that my rings no longer fit my fingers,
Found that it is easier to make it through a whole rumba class without stoping
dustystar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

I fit into a really small bathroom stall and didn't have to hold all of my body parts together or I'd bust the stall.
pnvomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

1. I no longer snore, so I don't get woken up in the middle of the night by my husband telling me to roll over. (We have an English Bulldog that snores so my husband yells at her now)

2. I can now buy clothes in a flash. I had a special function to go to and I had to buy a cocktail dress. The shopping took a total of about 10 minutes. I picked up three dresses and told my husband that one of these dresses would be the winner. Sure enough, the first dress was the winner. Previous shopping for formal dresses (we attend about three formal events a year) usually took about 3-4 hours.

3. My husband complains about my bony butt.

4. Alot of doors have opened up for me now that my weight is under control. I now have the difficult decision of which door to use, which is a fabulous dilemna.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #13  
Started March 26, 2011

Well.. it's summer time and it's HOT! I'm not one of those to lay out an get sun, because I'm so faired skin and skin cancer runs in my family... so I have to be very careful. However, I did want to go swimming over at my brothers house on Sunday.

I really haven't owned a bathing suit since I was a teen and we had a pool! Last year, since I moved from KS back to AR and had access to a pool at my brothers, I went out shopping for a bathing suit. I tried Walmart because the suits there are cheap but they didn't fit. Ended up going to Catherines and buying a Swim Dress.. yeah, one made by Omar the Tent Maker! It cost me $95 and it was on sale!

So on Sunday, I told my sister in law - If I can find a suit at Walmart then I will come over and swim. If not, then I'll just stay home. Off to Walmart I went. Found a cute suit - it was a one piece that had the little skirt attached (nothing like the swim dress). I was afraid to try it on because it was a 22/24 and the swim dress I bought last year was a 30/32. I know I'm in an 18 jean but swim suits just fit funny. Anyway.. tried it on and WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!! Paid $32 for it and off to the pool I went!!!

Can't wait for next summer!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Well.. it's summer time and it's HOT! I'm not one of those to lay out an get sun, because I'm so faired skin and skin cancer runs in my family... so I have to be very careful. However, I did want to go swimming over at my brothers house on Sunday.

I really haven't owned a bathing suit since I was a teen and we had a pool! Last year, since I moved from KS back to AR and had access to a pool at my brothers, I went out shopping for a bathing suit. I tried Walmart because the suits there are cheap but they didn't fit. Ended up going to Catherines and buying a Swim Dress.. yeah, one made by Omar the Tent Maker! It cost me $95 and it was on sale!

So on Sunday, I told my sister in law - If I can find a suit at Walmart then I will come over and swim. If not, then I'll just stay home. Off to Walmart I went. Found a cute suit - it was a one piece that had the little skirt attached (nothing like the swim dress). I was afraid to try it on because it was a 22/24 and the swim dress I bought last year was a 30/32. I know I'm in an 18 jean but swim suits just fit funny. Anyway.. tried it on and WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!! Paid $32 for it and off to the pool I went!!!

Awesome!!!!! - but if you keep losing so quickly you may need one before next summer - wouldn't that just be awful . . . NOT!!!!

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #15  

Quote:

That is awesome Candi!!! You have more courage than I do - my family and friends have been trying to get me out to the pool for the past few weeks now, but I simply refuse until I see some empty space between my thighs!!! HA HA HA!! SO AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote