Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Just got home from a surprising weigh in! 2.5 lbs down since friday which...
a) allowed me to sign the 60lb board!!!
b) put me .5 lbs beyond my first goal weight of 162.
c) brought my average to 2.3#/week which is the highest it's been since april!

11.5 lbs to go and i'll be finished!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #62  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post

AWESOME!!! You are truly an inspiration!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #63  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

OMGOSH I am having a major munchie attack and am having a really hard time staying out of the kitchen tonight!!! What the heck, all of a sudden I want to eat everything in sight!!!!!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #64  

Sorry to hear that theycallmemom! drink water - so much that you get so full and can't stomach the idea of putting something in your mouth.. that helps me
Old 09-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

What a great weigh-in!! Congratulations..... 60 pounds down is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself. I hope you do something to celebrate all of your efforts.

I go today to weigh-in and have my measurements. I will post the results later in the day.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #66  

Hey wendinnc, wow, 5 lbs to go for you! i hope your weigh in goes well. Have you signed up for the next stabilization class? I'm hoping to make the October one.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Hey wendinnc, wow, 5 lbs to go for you! i hope your weigh in goes well. Have you signed up for the next stabilization class? I'm hoping to make the October one.
well at w/i today I was down .5 .... which isn't much, but is par for course for me right now. I am okay with that as I inch my way closer to my goal. Like you, GoalAug2010, I have met and passed by two previous goals (my first at 155 and my second at 148) so I am pleased with my results overall. My measurements were another 4.5 inches lost totally 39.5 inches lost since my start in May. Even though I am just 4.5 pounds from goal now they suggest I stay on program and don't stabilize yet as my weight loss is just so slow. I have 4 more weeks left of my contract so I am not in a super hurry with time, but I am so ready to be in the next phase.

I have gotten such conflicting info from the center as to when I should stabilize. One counselor I saw last week was really encouraging me to take that step stating that the new choices and addition of more food may actually help boost my weight loss at this stage. She didn't see any reason to hold back and stated worse case scenario I didn't make my goal during those six weeks I would simply start back on the green menu. (and use up the weeks I didn't finish) I went in yesterday thinking that was exactly what I was going to do. She was a great adviser and I thought about what she said all weekend.
The counselor I saw yesterday said that once I start stabilization it is what it is and I would lose the unused weeks. If I didn't make my goal I would not go back to the green menu. She asked if I would be happy if I never saw the '142'. Of course not.... I didn't come this far to not get to the finish line. She suggested I take the 'fountain of youth' supplement. I was so taken back that at 4.5 pounds left to lose she would suggest a pill. UGGHH! I had such a negative feeling for the first time toward my center. I don't have any history with her... I think she has seen me 2 or 3 times on my entire journey. (and I go 2 times a week) Most of the other women that work there are so encouraging and have great advice. I wish I hadn't gone yesterday.
Anyway.... time to look ahead. I'll take it one day at a time.

So... to answer your question.... I have not signed up yet for the stabilization meeting yet. I suppose it will be next month. We can begin that journey together and support one another.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #68  

I WI on Friday and had lost another 3 pounds. Friday was Day 4 on the yellow menu for me and the 9th day total OP. I'm down a total of 7.5 pounds in 9 days!!!

I am thrilled! I hope it countiues to melt away!
jakesmommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #69  

I'm sorry to hear that wendinnc, slower losses are no fun. I'm not as close to my goal as you are so I might get hit with that too in the end. For now at least though, i'm declaring war on this last 11 lbs. I've changed my workout routine, now i'm doing the Bar Method (they have dvd's too) which is completely changing my body and this week i lost 3 lbs, which has only happened a couple times. Also, i'm finding that when i work hard to get more than 96 oz of water, i'm seeing better results. So between the new workout and the upped water, I think my body is a bit shocked again.

The conflicting advice is tough, a lot of people say they lose a couple lbs on stabilization, but I could see that if your losses are slowing down, maybe they're worried you won't lose on that. Ignoring the scale for a minute, how happy are you with your body right now? Is it close enough that some toning would get you what you want? Or are you really looking to lose some additional pounds?

What has your loss average been? It seems with 4 weeks, you'll get to 142 if you hang in there and stay inside the lines. If part of your loss goal is getting to the finish line and not feeling like you gave up early, then I say you go for it and go on an all out war against those last few pounds.

Hope you're having a good weekend too!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #70  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I didn't expect to lose anything last week, as it was that time of month. But I was still down another 1.5 lbs (for a total of 11 lbs!) on Friday--all while fighting some wicked cravings!

Then, unfortunately, I blew it. Mostly due to poor planning on my part. Got hungry and ate pop tarts Friday afternoon. Ate some bread at Outback Friday evening.

Was doing really well on Saturday, until I went to a bbq. I was going to not go, but hubby told me I can't avoid all social situations because of food or people will stop inviting me. So, running short on time, I drank a replacement shake and brought my own water to the bbq. Despite the yummy treats all around me (Halloween candy, whoopie pies, chocolate fondue, brownies, chips, crackers, etc.) I held out.... until the very end. I couldn't take it anymore and ate a whoopie pie. I'm so disappointed in myself.

Weighing in today...hopefully I didn't gain and I can stay on track from now on.

Someone, please, tell me you had a great week/weekend and inspire me to do better!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #71  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Someone, please, tell me you had a great week/weekend and inspire me to do better!
I can't tell you that I will be an inspiration, but I will commiserate and admit to "blowing it" myself. I had a pretty good week last week, but then on Saturday I was hanging with friends for the night. I drank vodka and crystal light and had too much.....I woke up on Sunday feeling HORRIBLE and went to, yikes...MCDONALDS. Yep, I had chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce and fries with tartar sauce. That was my "hangover cure" meal in high school, so I thought it would help me. Yeah, right. I ended up feeling worse and laid on the couch all day.

So, that just goes to show that old habits die hard-even though i have this new "lifestyle" those old ways rear their nasty heads from time to time. But, I am proud to say that I am totally OP today, doing metaquick and starting my C25K program!! Turkey Trot here I come!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #72  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

You know, this thread just reminds me of something I have observed repeatedly since I began MRC. When I began Aug 09 to Feb 10, I hardly ever strayed from plan. And I felt so fantastic! But when I do totally fall off the wagon, it typically results in a bad stomach ache. -- The kind I use to get when I ate everything without a single thought -- which of course left me with weight issues! If you stay on plan, you just feel good. I know one girl with a gluten intolerance that has found an MRC plan that leaves her with no stomach issues anymore. So, if FEELING GREAT is a better option than EATING AND TASTING YUMMY FOOD, then this plan is tremendous. I just need to remind myself of this every time I just wanna eat everything in sight! I hate having a bad stomach ache!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 09-21-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

it has been a full year since i joined mrc and i made my original goal of 155. i'm not completly satisfied with the way i look. i went from a size 16 to a size 8. i'm at 153lbs and my goal for now is 140. hopefully i will like the way i look when i get there. getting out of the 150s is so hard. i've been stuck at 153 for about 3 weeks. losing a pound is such a struggle now. i will lose inches, but the scale won't move for weeks. i want to see atleast 149 by the end of the month.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Anyone have any good MRC soup recipes to share? I'm not crazy about the ones in the cookbook because of the tomato and chicken HSN they want you to use.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #75  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Woo hoo! I was hoping to at least stay the same after my disastrous weekend, but I lost another 2 lbs. I am thrilled!
I'm working hard this week to stay OP, just so I can keep seeing the number go down.

Joy2menu, unfortunately I don't feel physically bad after going off-plan. I kind of wish it made me have a stomachache or feel yucky--then maybe I'd be less likely to do it. I feel guilty and disappointed in myself, but that has proven to not be enough to keep me from doing it again.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote