Ziploc Zip and steam bags

• I'm so excited. I have two jobs and am a student. My schedule is insane. I hate to cook and can't afford to eat every meal out. I just bought these bags today for less than 3 dollars. (10 bags). You put meat and vegetables in the bag with the seasonings that you want. Throw it in the microwave and in less than 5 minutes you have a complete meal. I made several meal packs for the rest of the week. Each meal including the meat, veggies, and bag cost me less than $3. Really convenient to take to work for lunch or to have for dinner. This weekend I'm going to make more in different varieties. (Shrimp, Scallops, Chicken) I think this will help me stay on plan, save money, and not get bored with my meals.
  • I've used the bags for family dinners. I never thought about packing them ahead of time for lunches. Great idea.
  • These bags were the best discovery EVER for me. I reeeeally hate cooking, especially steaming veggies on the stovetop because I never time it right. So, I just never ate veggies, until I found these. Frickin' glorious!

BTW- how is the chicken in these things? I haven't tried to do meats yet.
  • I used boneless pork loin. It cooked perfectly. Very moist and tender. I cooked it all together in the same bag.
  • I'm scared about doing meat with them because i cant wrap my head around cooking meat in the microwave
  • Well, I've done it twice now with meat and I'm still alive. It cooked better than on my George Foreman grill or in the oven. Very moist and tender but no pink. The directions on the bag tell you that they can be used for meat and vegetables and gives the cooking times for a variety of foods (meat included) fresh or frozen.
  • You rock! These things are awesome! I had no idea!
  • I need to remember to try some tilapia in them. I bet that would be good.