Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #16  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonializa View Post
I just started MRC on Monday, and my menu is not a certain color. It is titled Meta-Slim Plus level 2. I am sorta discouraged already because I am afraid I am not going to be able to stick to this diet, as it is so strict. Spending all this money.....I want to be motivated to succeed, but I here I am already whining and it has only been 3 days. Its not just about the money, I want to stay motivated because I need to lose the weight for my health as well as my mental being. Can anyone relate?
I had the same misgivings at first - most of us have been where you are. It is a LOT of information to digest and you have to modify just about everything you do. I spent a great deal of time trying to mentally rebel. The amount of money spent was a great motivator for me. Now staying on program is actually easier than not. When I do choose to eat off program, I am very aware of what I'm doing (and the consequences) and the adjustments I must make to get back on track. I started in mid-April, and I've lost close to 40 pounds. I will go to weigh-in this morning, and this afternoon DH and I are going to the movies. We do this exactly once a year, so it is a special occasion. I plan to eat popcorn, as this is to me a very important part of the movie theater experience. Tonight we are going dancing - good for burning up some of the extra calories, and I will probably do a couple days of Meta-Quick this coming week. In any event, all my other meals will be back on program and so my planned "vacation" this afternoon is no big deal. For me, this is real life, not something that is just for the duration of the "diet". I feel I'm not just practicing, I'm living now the way I need to for the rest of my life!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #17  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

The mental part is the hardest. However, it gets much easier when you get used to what you are eating. Trying to count calories in/out on your own is SUCH a challenge and harder to plan. With this program, you know exactly what you can have and makes it so much easier to plan your meals and stay on track. You wont have the "what can I have for lunch today?" feeling.
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote