3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC-6..does it really work?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Never give up!!!
 
shannysmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 87

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Default MRC-6..does it really work?

I have been on this plan since May, 7th of this year. Almost from day 1 I started taking MRC-6. Well last month when I went to WI & get measured I had lost 49.5 pounds & 41 inches. I thought that taking this pill you could almost double your inches lost. It doesn't seem to be working for me & I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I would have thought by now my inch loss would have been a little greater than my pounds lost. I stopped taking it because I feel it isn't working so why pay the money. It is a little disappointing. So if anyone can give me some advice that would be great.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Skinny for Scuba!
 
guinevere75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 122

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

I took it the first month, then didn't take it the second month. And I lost a few more inches the second month - so for me, no, it didn't make any difference. I have not and will not be repurchasing it.
__________________
Laugh a little ... it'll help.

guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ang2877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Default

Interesting you posted this.. I was just thinking about buying this and the phentatrim I first bought when I started program. I had a new lil gal I went to talk to yesterday and she had me convinced I needed it again. Then I went to my Dr. today and he said not to buy it! It is all about loosing this weight in a good time, not too fast... or else he said it is likely it will all come right back on. The pills are not always what they say they are, and they are not approved by the FDA. So simply I feel the food portion of this diet is really the magic here. Plus add activity in our lives and we should be able to lose weight on our own without some magic pill ...that happens to cost an arm and a leg! LOL thanks for letting me make my decision easier.
__________________


Not all chocolate is created equal !
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

We should gather a bit more data. I went to weigh in today and did my measurements and i'm at 168lbs, down 54 lbs from the start and 78 inches, I'm pretty happy about it and I've been on MRC-6 (2 per meal) since the day I started. It's one of the few I believe in.

Anyone else out there on or off MRC that can post their lbs vs. inches?
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ang2877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
We should gather a bit more data. I went to weigh in today and did my measurements and i'm at 168lbs, down 54 lbs from the start and 78 inches, I'm pretty happy about it and I've been on MRC-6 (2 per meal) since the day I started. It's one of the few I believe in.

Anyone else out there on or off MRC that can post their lbs vs. inches?
Great idea! I would like to know as well. See the thing that makes me wanting to buy the Phentatrim is the fact that when I first started program was I lost my first 21 lbs, it was a pound a day for the first 21 days. I then only took it for 9 more days then I ran out! And I told myself I didnt need a pill. So it would be awesome to have results with the pills vs. no pills. Your wieght and inches lost are great stats! Very impressive!
__________________


Not all chocolate is created equal !
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Never give up!!!
 
shannysmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 87

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Default

I stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago so next time I get measured I will post. It should be next week.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Sure, here's what i've found. I am not much of a pill taker, but i do realize this diet is pretty limited, so i'm taking supplements only while im on this diet. I take:
- multi (my own)
- extra iron supplement (my own)
- MSM (4000 mg a day - my own)
- CO Q10 (my own)
- B6 (because it's not in my multi already)
- fish oils (my own, salmon oil + an omega 3-6-9 combo)

Then of the stuff I buy from the center, I only get the two 'proprietary products' which finally after 5 months, I believe in.
- MRC-6 (been taking it from the start, and I do have a great amount of inches for lbs down. Also, it helps with saggy skin and i have none, so I think it's working)
- Enhancer (I originally was on phentatrim and switched to enhancer and my losses increased. Then I ran out and didn't restart and my losses slowed, now i restarted again and the last two weeks have been my best yet.)

So, I'm a skeptic, but those have proved themselves to me, so I think they're all good things only for the time im on the program. Hope that helps!
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Never give up!!!
 
shannysmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 87

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Default

That's interesting about the Enhancer. I have never taken it, but I do take the phentratrim. I wonder if that would help me to switch. So you can't take them both at the same time? (phen & enhancer)
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Can't take them both at the same time. They started me on phentatrim and when that ran out I switched to enhancer.. when that ran out, i stopped both, now i'm back on enhancer. Finish what you have and give the other a try if you want.
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:53 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ang2877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 141

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Default

GoalAug.... I am glad the you have seen a difference with the pills.

I am still wondering if I will use them. Maybe they will be better for me when I get further down and closer to goal. Because right now... I was up 15 pounds from my summer break from program, and I weighed in on Monday... then today which is thursday and I am down 9 lbs... I think my body wants to let go of this fat so badly, that I just need to eat the right foods and drink tons of water to let it go. But I have a lot of weight still to loose. But it is nice to know someone who has taken these pills and seen a difference thanks for sharing ..
__________________


Not all chocolate is created equal !
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
hatethesweatpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: FoCo, Colorado
Posts: 668

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Default

I was told that the enhancer is "stronger" than the phentatrim. I took that as meaning a stronger appetite suppressant. I've had good luck with it. I take 2 at breakfast and 2 at lunch.

I dropped the MRC-6 this last month b/c the main ingredient is B6. I switched to a straight B6 supplement. I will let you know if I see any difference.
__________________
Debi in FoCo, Co
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
Member
 
Sandi Pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
I was told that the enhancer is "stronger" than the phentatrim. I took that as meaning a stronger appetite suppressant. I've had good luck with it. I take 2 at breakfast and 2 at lunch.

I dropped the MRC-6 this last month b/c the main ingredient is B6. I switched to a straight B6 supplement. I will let you know if I see any difference.
Please do! I bought the MRC-6, but I'm not going to start taking it until after my 14-day measurements - just so I can compare with my 30-day measurements and see if it's actually working. (Much to the chagrin of the ladies in the office.)

Also, does anyone use the Carb/Fat Blocker? I was told if you pop a couple before a meal out at a restaurant, it helps to block any unknowns the food may have in it. Anyone know from experience?
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
dkmd27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Pants View Post
Please do! I bought the MRC-6, but I'm not going to start taking it until after my 14-day measurements - just so I can compare with my 30-day measurements and see if it's actually working. (Much to the chagrin of the ladies in the office.)

Also, does anyone use the Carb/Fat Blocker? I was told if you pop a couple before a meal out at a restaurant, it helps to block any unknowns the food may have in it. Anyone know from experience?
Weight loss waxes and wanes over the course of your journey ...and comparing measurements at different points isn't really going to be an indicator of anything...you will always lose weight quicker at the beginning. Most people (I know we have a few exceptions) will start out losing 4-5 pounds a week, slow to 3-4, and usually by the end of your program, you will have averaged somewhere in the 2-2.5 pound per week range).

And as far as the carb/fat blocker ....why bother. It's like saying you intend to eat off program. It's like saying "I'm gonna do this, but I don't want to get caught, so if I do this, I won't." Anything that's gimmicky ... a way around, a short-cut, etc. is not teaching you anything about losing or maintaining weight. If you want to eat out, just do it and accept that perhaps you will be up a pound or two from the sodium or fat ... but really, that will be off in a day or two once you're back on program. Those are the hard choices we all struggle with all the time...it's a balancing act -- what's worth it to you and what isn't. A special occasion is going to happen and then we all make choices. If you choose to eat off program, then enjoy it (don't guilt yourself out about it), and hop right back on the next meal (not the next day -- the next meal). Those are the kind of lessons we have to learn to be able to make this livable for the long. Moderation and control and that it can be just one meal -- not the mindset that "well I already ate this, so the rest of the day doesn't matter".

I just reread this and it sounded a little preachy -- don't really mean it to be that, but long-term weight loss isn't going to happen with gimmicks (which in my opinion the carb/fat blocker is) it's going to be a lifelong learning journey.
__________________
May 1st Mini-Goal:

Deb
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
Member
 
namaste1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 71

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
We should gather a bit more data. I went to weigh in today and did my measurements and i'm at 168lbs, down 54 lbs from the start and 78 inches, I'm pretty happy about it and I've been on MRC-6 (2 per meal) since the day I started. It's one of the few I believe in.

Anyone else out there on or off MRC that can post their lbs vs. inches?
I've been doing the MRC-6 since day one (end of April). I should get measured next week so I'll post the stats then.

By the way, you are doing AMAZING! Definite inspiration!
__________________
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #15
Member
 
Sandi Pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
And as far as the carb/fat blocker ....why bother. It's like saying you intend to eat off program. It's like saying "I'm gonna do this, but I don't want to get caught, so if I do this, I won't." Anything that's gimmicky ... a way around, a short-cut, etc. is not teaching you anything about losing or maintaining weight. If you want to eat out, just do it and accept that perhaps you will be up a pound or two from the sodium or fat ... but really, that will be off in a day or two once you're back on program. Those are the hard choices we all struggle with all the time...it's a balancing act -- what's worth it to you and what isn't. A special occasion is going to happen and then we all make choices. If you choose to eat off program, then enjoy it (don't guilt yourself out about it), and hop right back on the next meal (not the next day -- the next meal). Those are the kind of lessons we have to learn to be able to make this livable for the long. Moderation and control and that it can be just one meal -- not the mindset that "well I already ate this, so the rest of the day doesn't matter".

I just reread this and it sounded a little preachy -- don't really mean it to be that, but long-term weight loss isn't going to happen with gimmicks (which in my opinion the carb/fat blocker is) it's going to be a lifelong learning journey.
It wasn't because I planned or chose to eat off program and didn't want to get caught. This is only my first week, and, especially in the beginning, I want to stay as close to OP as possible so I do see the lbs come off and will be motivated to stick with it.

I was curious about it b/c the other night, the hubs and I ate out at a seafood restaurant. I got some grilled white fish, he got grilled chicken and shrimp. Those were all OP. When it came to the sides, our choices were steamed broccoli, green beans, and mushrooms. He asked if they could do no butter on the mushrooms, the declined. We also asked for a few other healthier options, they declined. And little did I know, the green beans were sloshed with butter also. We intended to eat healthy, but literally everything we asked them to do, they couldn't/didn't. We assumed since it was a seafood place, they'd have healthier options. Lesson learned. Now we know, and knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!

When we told this to our MRC rep, she suggested the carb/fat blocker for those times when certain unexpected things come up. She didn't recommend we take them every day, as suggested on the label. Just pop 2 in before a meal if your unsure what it's cooked in or how it's prepared.

I didn't buy it and I still haven't. I've lost 7lbs this week so I figure it didn't hurt too much. I wouldn't be taking it as a long-term solution or way around getting to eat carbs and fat. I would only take it in the beginning, while I'm still learning and becoming familiar with some of the hidden evils out there.
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRC Couch to 5K Info Rocki Metabolic Research Center 463 09-17-2010 02:14 PM
MRC..Come on Over..Take 33 Rocki Metabolic Research Center 498 04-21-2009 03:29 PM
MRC Take 31 dla Metabolic Research Center 515 02-04-2009 04:03 PM
MRC - Take 28 Meemo Metabolic Research Center 504 10-23-2008 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2