Old 08-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/237/179

Height: 5'7"

Default Advice? I'm 95% there

Hey all,

I've been kicking around the idea of joining the MRC here in town, I actually went for the first appointment (the no obligation one). I've done other diets in the past and my most successful has been with Jenny Craig. Done great, have lost 70 lbs, but been off and on program for the last few months, not real committed, kind of half @$$ doing it, I feel like I need a change.

Can anyone tell me what kind of foods you do on this "cleanse" stage? I'm confused by them offering this medi-slim plan, then they talked about this saliva test, then they have the new HCG tablets, and I can do it all for $798 plus I have to go to their doctor and pay $50 more for that, but its required.

I feel like I'm ready to make my own food especially once the kids start school tomorrow, get back to meals I can actually eat with my family w/some modifications, of course.

Any advice or tips you can give me before I sign the dotted line and hand them over the cash? Thanks so much I'm ready to get the next 50 pounds off so I can move on to the next step in my life.

Thanks in advance!! Sheila B.
momto6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/155/138

Height: 5'6

I just started last week. I did the pre conditioning for 4 days and started day 1 on this past Saturday. I already feel a difference in cravings. I think the cost. Plus the fact that you weigh in 2x a week will keep me on track. I will, however, miss having a Miller lite....it is worth it though. I lost 4 during the pre-conditioning...I will weigh again tomorrow, so I am not sure how I have done since starting days 1-4. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
2b determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Haven't been on her for awhile, but just a quick note. I signed up in Aug 09 and By Dec 09, was down 60+ lbs. I have slowed, but not been entirely following the plan, but went from size 22-24 to 12 jeans, so was pleased and amazed with a fast change in myself. If you are ready to follow it rigidly, it works very well. You will likely see a 3-4 lb drop most weeks, at least at the beginning. All the best with your decision.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #4  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Sheila,

Private message me your email address and I'll send you all the menus. That way, you can look at exactly what you'll be eating on the MetaSlim plan. I can't advise you on the HCG stuff - I'm not participating in that program. But I'm happy to share with you everything I have on the MetaSlim program.

Also, in regards to the saliva test - I didn't do it and I think it's a bit ridiculous (just personally). How in the world can a non-medical professional tell me what my hormone levels are/mean based on my spit?! I'm just not buying into that one, no matter how good it sounds. I declined it - and have still managed to lose 23 lbs in 2 1/2 months.
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #5  

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinevere75 View Post
Hi Sheila,

Private message me your email address and I'll send you all the menus. That way, you can look at exactly what you'll be eating on the MetaSlim plan. I can't advise you on the HCG stuff - I'm not participating in that program. But I'm happy to share with you everything I have on the MetaSlim program.

Also, in regards to the saliva test - I didn't do it and I think it's a bit ridiculous (just personally). How in the world can a non-medical professional tell me what my hormone levels are/mean based on my spit?! I'm just not buying into that one, no matter how good it sounds. I declined it - and have still managed to lose 23 lbs in 2 1/2 months.
thanks for that offer I so appreciate it. I'm really new here, so I don't know how to do 'private message' yet, lol. I would love to see whatever you have, and thanks for weighing in on the hormone test and all that you shared!! I look forward to hearing from you!!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Height: 5'2"

This is a program that if you have the menus, use this forum as support, and to answer questions, and have the motivation, and will power, you can do it and lose weight without the center, and saving 800.00. There are substitutes that you can get at Walmart, that do the same thing. I started on June 9th, and have lost 39lbs, so far. Good luck with whatever way you go, the program does work, if you stay on plan.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

My advice is to do the authentic program and you don't need to do the saliva test unless you spend a few months on program and can't lose weight (unlikely!). The mealplan will help you learn portions, ratios and set yourself up for success. The HCG is just a distraction, it's the 500/calorie diet that gets 1lb/day but it's not sustainable and you lose a lot of muscle. There's not really any science behind it.

So my recommendation is you do the part that works for all of us, the diet itself. It's going to be the best 6 months you can invest in yourself. I started about where you are and now see 165 on my scale! who would have ever thought!

Good luck!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #8  

Default thanks

thanks so much ladies for your advice. I thought the saliva test was a little "hokey" myself, glad to see I'm not the only one. I think I'm just gonna go for the 17 week program. I'd love to see the menus and if you really believe I can get their 'supplements & drinks' at Wal Mart i'd love to know what you are getting.

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement. I'd love to see the meal plans. This forum won't allow me to put my email address in here, but if I spell it out maybe someone could send it to me at jccsheila....the at sign....then gmail.com let's see if that will work

thanks again, you're all very supportive, Sheila B.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #9  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Good girl, Sheila! Just sent them over to you! Lots of ladies here are doing it on their own - I don't doubt for a second that you can too - all of us are here to support each other, so don't be shy and ask away!!! You might get lots of different opinions, but in general, you'll get very good advice and lots of great support!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #10  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

I started the program again in January and to date I've lost 70 lbs (my ticker is not updated because I can't remember my password!!!).

I need the structure and the accountability that going to the center gives me. I really love the MRC program. It has forced me to 'rethink' my way of eating and portion control.

The HNS drinks are great!!! As others have said, DON'T take the saliva test and think about all of the supplements they offer (or push). My center is never pushy about my purchasing them though I know that some do. I started off taking MRC6, cortislim, MSM.....etc.... and have stopped. I'm still losing pounds and inches at the same rate as before.

Don't forget to exercise! It really accentuates the program!!!

Good luck!!
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #11  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

That is January of 2010 restart date.....
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #12  

Thanks all of you!! You've been great and thanks Cyndi for forwarding on the menus, I'm looking it all over to see if it is something I can realistically do alongside 6 kids, 2 jobs and my own insecurities!! I appreciate all of you already so much!! Thanks again, I'm looking into other avenues of getting the vitamins and EFA's. You're all great.