Old 08-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Default Self-Realization

I just had very bad eating weekend. I wasn't at home, I was with friends the entire time, and wasn't eating in kitchen (restaurants). Although I didn't eat much, what I did eat probably wasn't best. I weighed myself this morning and had "gained" 2 and a half pounds. (I'm hoping that it is mostly water weight.) I've taken this morning to reflect on my choices, and realized that I eat to fit in. All my friends are skinny, itty-bitty girls who can eat whatever they like, and nothing shows for it. I eat like them because I think it won't hurt me, when in reality, the food they eat effects me horribly. As a girl who is about to be a freshman in college, I am often lectured by adults who tell me that I need to be my unique me, and I've realized that part of that "unique-me" is what I eat as well. Here's to being unique looking, unique eaters, unique losers, and unique gainers. Here's to an unique week, that is uniquely on program.
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #2  
bethyk1980

S/C/G: 249/249/175

Wow...I loved this-so true! Thank you!
bethyk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/260/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyk1980 View Post
Wow...I loved this-so true! Thank you!
Indeed...great post. Most of my friends are thin as well. I'd like to be able to eat like them...but in the grand scheme of things I doubt I ever will. comme ci comme ça .....such is life. : )

I think one of the most interesting things I'm dealing with now is the "She's on a diet look." when I'm eating a salad and everyone else is eating wings...... Sometimes it's curiosity, sometimes it's jealousy..lol..and sometimes it's 'She's going to fail miserably' <---- I hope to disprove that one! ; ))) Either way, I'm sticking out like a sore thumb amidst the dessert, wings, and pizza eaters at work and amongst friends. Cheers to being unique...and cheers to ultimately SUCCESS for *all* of us! ; ))))
hope2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

This is so true - great thoughts. I read a great article in Men's Health online this week. It was something like "25 best beach bodies". Without fail, every single one of those "genetically perfect and skinny" actresses and musicians eats like we do and exercises 1-2 hours/day. I sort of thought they just were gifted to eat what they want, but from Pink to Jennifer Aniston, they eat "boring"...chicken breasts, plain fish, low carb, no sugar, no alcohol. I think most people have to work for it, but may be treating themselves while they're out because they work hard when you're not around. It was a real eye-opener for me!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote