keotosis

• I bought some keotosis strips @ walgreens. I was wondering when I am at my maximum fat burn what should the levels be so I can help make sure things are on track.

Thanks
    Carla
  • There should be a guide on the box, inside there's a sheet of paper usually that gives you the dark or light.

You want to see pink, but not be in the dark ranges like a mauve.
  • keep in mind that some people NEVER go into ketosis, so don't get frustrated. as long as you're following the program, you're doing just fine!
  • do you have to ask the pharmacist for them? Where can I find them in the store
  • my strips indicate pink, although i've been slightly off the program due to my vacation. Does this mean i'm still in fat burning mode? During my vacation, I've avoided sugar and refined carbs and caffiene... I just haven't followed the menu guidelines too well, i.e., I've had food at odd times, and I've probably under-eaten the vegetable requirement. How will that affect my weight loss this month?
  • They were with the diabetic supplies. Mine came out with the lightest color on the range. Does that mean I am doing well. I havent been perfect this week but really close.
  • If it's taupe, then you aren't in fat burning. If it's the lightest pink, then you're in Trace - that's optimal, but I find that I still lose weight even when I get a neutral (taupe).
  • NEVER been in ketosis, so I do not concern myself with what it means. I lost weight and that was the objective. Oh, and still working on it after a lot of social stuff over the summer. Back at it!
  • Quote: NEVER been in ketosis, so I do not concern myself with what it means. I lost weight and that was the objective. Oh, and still working on it after a lot of social stuff over the summer. Back at it!
    Glad to see you back after all the summer events as well! I hope the winter holidays dont get to me as much as these summer months did! Once again welcome back
  • Quote: NEVER been in ketosis, so I do not concern myself with what it means. I lost weight and that was the objective. Oh, and still working on it after a lot of social stuff over the summer. Back at it!
    I also have never shown ketosis in the urine strip. I monitored for 2 months and drove myself nuts. Now all I pay attention to is what the scale says and don't worry about the rest.
  • Quote: Glad to see you back after all the summer events as well! I hope the winter holidays dont get to me as much as these summer months did! Once again welcome back
    Thanks much Ang! I believe it is all taking course the way it is suppose to and in the meantime, didn't gain over the summer, so here goes!