Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
havent' heard from my Center in two weeks.. I think they have given up on me.. I am on contract until October.. I would love to lose the rest of this weight and walk in there on the last day of my contract.. I hate to be in this position and my therapist is gone until the end of September.. grrrr...

Ronnie
Hey Ronnie,
Only YOU can do it. Not your therapist, not your center. Gotta look deep inside and find the answer that you know is there.

A word from the experienced,
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #17  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Ronnie, I think it gets easy. We add a little there and there and still lose, so we keep adding stuff.. When we first started the plan, we were afraid to stray. At least for me. I kept to the plan 100% at first. Now I'm about 80% on a good day. I've tried this week to be 100% and I'm still not there. Is it the taste of the forbidden? How is the new program working?

This week I'm doing the Meta Balance. It seems to work better for me.

Summer is really hard for me. I live in Savannah.. it was 118 last week.. I want to eat ice cream, and not cook. It is so much easier during the winter..
MEEZOOGIRL I find that I do miss ice cream a lot & popsicles. What I like is blending the vanilla pudding HNS with diet rootbeer & ice. I make mine thick so I have to eat it with a spoon. Then I feel like I'm having ice cream.
I have been doing this for about 3 months now & in the beginning I was afraid to stray because I didn't know if I had it in me to stop so I chose to follow 100%. For some reason I do think about food that isn't OP & although I still am a bit afraid it isn't as much as it was in the beginning. I think it happens more often when I either tell myself I "can't" have it or someone else says I "can't" have it. I don't have a problem when I see others eat my favorite candy bar or something I really want. I also notice that I am wanting, not craving more foods that are not OP. I try to push all negative thoughts out of my head, but sometimes it is hard. Is there anything that anybody does if they get in that situation that helps?
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Hey Ronnie,
Only YOU can do it. Not your therapist, not your center. Gotta look deep inside and find the answer that you know is there.

A word from the experienced,
Debi, I know you are right.. I am fighting OCD right now and it is tough. I know what I need to do, but can't seem to do it. There has to be a way..
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Debi, I know you are right.. I am fighting OCD right now and it is tough. I know what I need to do, but can't seem to do it. There has to be a way..

Ronnie.. Life sometimes gets in the way. You need to focus on what you need to focus on. If that's not MRC right now then it's ok. We can tell ourselves all the time that we know what to do but actually doing it is something else. Going through my divorce has not been fun.. there are days that I just can't focus on anything else. I know that eating does not make my problems go away.. I'm an emotional eater/ snacker. When I'm stressed, I want to eat. It almost becomes an obsession. I've had to recognize this and try and come up with alternatives. I try to not let myself get to hungry.. I eat a bar in the afternoon since I work 10 hour days. I do a bit Meta-Balance and a bit Meta-slim.

The center shouldn't give up on you. Hopefully when your thearapist comes back, you can work through some stuff.. Emotional/Mental eating is the hardest thing to conquer. Why do we eat what we do?

Life would be so much easier if we could just eat right.. but then we probably wouldn't be where we are if we did... I'm going to WI today and see if the scale is nice this week..

Shannysmom... that is a great idea.. I'm going to try that.. I love a good coke float/slushie.. I might try that with Diet Rite.. Thanks!

Hang in there...

Last edited by MEEZOOGIRL; 08-05-2010 at 08:20 AM.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #20  

Quote:
I hear you! You're right, there is a way and you have to just keep trying every single day to find it. One day, it will click! Just don't give up starting over each and every day. The OCD has to be extremely difficult to deal with. It reminds me of my daughter who is trying to work on an art project that's due the first day of school. The is obsessing about the small details in the very beginning. I asked her to look at it and do an overall sketch without working on the details until she's done with the big picture. I hope this helps her...would it help you? Maybe sit down and write a list of your big reasons and your big "whys." Write a paragraph or 2 about how you want to look, feel, and behave when you're finished with the program. Then, just start filling in the details.
Again, , you can do it!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 283/199/157

Height: 5'7

Oh girls...I am sitting here reading all these postings with tears running down my face. I started MRC in May of 2009 and lost 90 pounds by January of this year. I stayed on plan 100%. It works. But in January I had to have emergency surgery on my leg and have had 3 more since then. I have gained back 40 lbs...It comes back with a vengence and all around my mid section. I am so mad at myself, yet I continue to eat all those things I went without for 8 months. I want something to click in MY head to tell me to knock this s#&t off! I cannot wear any of the smaller clothes I bought...I am miserable. You would think that would be enough to get back on program. My center quit calling as well. I cannot afford to go back anyway right now. I know what to do...Just do it Marianne!!!! I will wipe the tears away and quit feeling sorry for myself now. Thanks for listening ladies.
Marianne
champagneblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Me too

I'm a repeat offender. Reading this makes me feel a little bit better about myself. I start each day with the attitude that I'm going to start fresh and stay OP 100% but I'm never able to stay 100%.

I break down my weight loss goals into 10 pound increments, but it always seems like when I get close to those goals, I do things to sabotage myself. Crazy! Last week, I was 2 pounds from 30 pounds lost and then I start being sloppy with what I'm eating.

But.......I'm going to commit here to drinking my water and to doing MetaQuick for a few days to get myself back on track.
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie830 View Post
I'm a repeat offender. Reading this makes me feel a little bit better about myself. I start each day with the attitude that I'm going to start fresh and stay OP 100% but I'm never able to stay 100%.

I break down my weight loss goals into 10 pound increments, but it always seems like when I get close to those goals, I do things to sabotage myself. Crazy! Last week, I was 2 pounds from 30 pounds lost and then I start being sloppy with what I'm eating.

But.......I'm going to commit here to drinking my water and to doing MetaQuick for a few days to get myself back on track.
Just a thought...Metaquick makes me so hungry and distracted. I wonder if it might be better to just commit to eating on plan? I feel like Metaquick sets me up to fail, but I know others have great luck with it.
Best,
Old 08-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

At least we all know we are not alone in our struggles with weight. Each of us has our own issues and we just need to support each other as best we can.. This is a great group of folks and I appreciate each and every one of you!
Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #25  

Height: 5'5"

Another thing... when we all do find something that helps us stay on track, share with the group. What can help for one could help another.

I am still struggling. I weighed in last week and was 1 lb down from my starting weight over a year ago. Talk about a blow! I am disappointed in myself because I KNOW this program. I am on the 5th round of connections classes with phase 1 and my first round of phase 2. I know the info I know what I should be doing, I know how it works and that it does work. I am just missing something right now... motivation, excitement, commitment, drive??? I dunno. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #26  

Height: 5'5"

Just updated my thread... so depressing
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagneblond View Post
Oh girls...I am sitting here reading all these postings with tears running down my face. I started MRC in May of 2009 and lost 90 pounds by January of this year. I stayed on plan 100%. It works. But in January I had to have emergency surgery on my leg and have had 3 more since then. I have gained back 40 lbs...It comes back with a vengence and all around my mid section. I am so mad at myself, yet I continue to eat all those things I went without for 8 months. I want something to click in MY head to tell me to knock this s#&t off! I cannot wear any of the smaller clothes I bought...I am miserable. You would think that would be enough to get back on program. My center quit calling as well. I cannot afford to go back anyway right now. I know what to do...Just do it Marianne!!!! I will wipe the tears away and quit feeling sorry for myself now. Thanks for listening ladies.
Marianne
Marianne,
Your post greatly resonated with me! I'm in the same boat...I've gained back half of what I lost and I realize what I'm doing but yet feel powerless to stop. I had a crying session tonight over the situation; just feeling completely and totally overwhelmed that I've let myself get fat again. I swore that it would NOT happen; that I'd NEVER gain the weight back. Then my mom had a stroke and I just lost it. Dealing with my feelings by eating and drinking is not the answer and the only person in this world who can do anything about it is me. Tomorrow is another day; I'd be happy to be your weight loss buddy since it sounds like we are both struggling in similar ways. We can do this!
Jill
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
Another thing... when we all do find something that helps us stay on track, share with the group. What can help for one could help another.

I am still struggling. I weighed in last week and was 1 lb down from my starting weight over a year ago. Talk about a blow! I am disappointed in myself because I KNOW this program. I am on the 5th round of connections classes with phase 1 and my first round of phase 2. I know the info I know what I should be doing, I know how it works and that it does work. I am just missing something right now... motivation, excitement, commitment, drive??? I dunno. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
I've been on program since the beginning of May but haven't gone to the Connections classes. It's mainly because I haven't taken the time. Do you think that it's helpful?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Marianne,
Your post greatly resonated with me! I'm in the same boat...I've gained back half of what I lost and I realize what I'm doing but yet feel powerless to stop. I had a crying session tonight over the situation; just feeling completely and totally overwhelmed that I've let myself get fat again. I swore that it would NOT happen; that I'd NEVER gain the weight back. Jill
Hug to Jill and Marianne and others .... I feel pretty much the same way, constantly fighting the same fight is mentally exhausting ... all we can do is keep trying and not give up.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Just a thought...Metaquick makes me so hungry and distracted. I wonder if it might be better to just commit to eating on plan? I feel like Metaquick sets me up to fail, but I know others have great luck with it.
Best,
I didn't end up doing MetaQuick for a few days. I did it for one day and life happened. I think that's one of my biggest problems. It seems like we're on the run all the time with a lot of eating out. I get tired of salads and that's what causes me to cheat when eating out.