Old 08-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I only weigh in once a week. And always on the same day and same time. I found I was too obsessed with the weight loss by weighing in more often. I am trying to make this a habit and lifestyle instead of it being about the weight loss. So far I have done well with that frame of mind.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
I NEEEEEEED chocolate!!!!! OMG what a day today, my boss drove me nuts all day!!! He messes up his budget big time and for some strange reason seems to think I can cut my budget to make up the difference...so he kept giving me the most ridiculous suggestions all day long on how to cut my food and household supply budget...like take left over fried pork chops and make soup out of them! Did I mention I live in ALABAMA - its a zillion degrees out and he wants me to make soup!!! Anyway long story short...I have discovered a food trigger!!!
Have you tried MRC Creamy Hot Cocoa HNS? If you put it in a mug with 1 packet of sweet and low, 1-2t oil (if you haven't had it that day) and 2-3T water and microwave for 1min, it tastes like a brownie...ish. It saves me some days.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

back from my 10 year reunion weekend, I ate pretty well, but not enough meals or not always the right things. Today i'm starting metaquick and have to get my water up. It was the first time I've seen my parents since starting the program and they were really shocked to see me. It was really fun, but I have to be careful now that i'm 'almost done' it's a slippery slope keeping my nose to the grindstone to finish this out. Going to have a great on plan week and I hope to see the good losses continue.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #109  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Finally!!! I experienced my first plateau last week and was stuck. I switched up a bit on my menu & I finally broke through!!! I lost 4.5 pounds for a total of 63.5 pounds since starting in May 2010. I got to sign the 60 board & got my little rock to add to my collection....its the little things that make me happy!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

WI today. Down 4lbs since Thursday!! Even beat my husband, who was down 1.5lbs. I'm not sure why the spike, but I'll take it! That makes my total loss 7lbs and hubs is down 9.5 since Monday!

Battled another temptation yesterday. We had a family get together for my grandma's bday and when my family gets together, it's all about food. Before I got home, I asked my pops to grill some chicken just for me and the hubs. He did. Then I got home and saw what everyone else was eating....hamburgers. My dad's wonderfully juicy, perfectly seasoned hamburgers. Knife to the heart...or gut....whichever. BUT! I ate my grilled chicken and salad then took my cousin school supply shopping so I wouldn't be around the yummy goodness. If it was fried squirrel, I might not have been able to resist!!
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #111  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these

Edited to say, I give up on the Ketosticks....they only time they show me pink is if I have not drank enough water - and I kow Im in ketosis cause my urine has the "smell" to it - or am I the only one who can smell ketosis...Im thinkin maybe Im just weird

Edited again to say FaceBook is down !!! My cakes are burning LOL ( since I cant have any in the real world I am baking them on facebook

Last edited by theycallmemom; 08-23-2010 at 07:23 PM.
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these
I was told that if it wasn't on the menu, it is a "no." I am not a big meat lover and asked about tofu and tofu alternatives. They said I would have to completely switch over to a vegetarian menu. My guess on Boca is "no."
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #113  
Aprilw94

[QUOTE=theycallmemom;3449970]does anyone know if BOCA burgers are approved??? they fit as far as carbs and protein, seem to be a bit high in salt though...anyone have any experience with these

I to was told no and no to any pre seasoned meats all because of the sodium
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #114  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

I figured it was a no after I saw the salt...its ok though, my hubby ate them...he eats EVERYTHING LOL
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 242/186/160

Height: 5ft 9

Quick question.......when should I be switched to a new menu. I am currently on the beige menu which I started on program with. That was 56 lbs ago. I keep forgetting to ask when I go in, I'm usually in a rush....weight in, get supplements and out the door. Plus I'm a little scared of a new lesser food menu. Signed for another 16 weeks just to be accountable. I'm very pleased with the program and have only 26 lbs to go. Will I stay on the beige till I'm 160.? Please share your thoughts.

Last edited by Onion Girl; 08-23-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Onion Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #116  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default You should have been on green a long time ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Girl View Post
Quick question.......when should I be switched to a new menu. I am currently on the beige menu which I started on program with. That was 56 lbs ago. I keep forgetting to ask when I go in, I'm usually in a rush....weight in, get supplements and out the door. Plus I'm a little scared of a new lesser food menu. Signed for another 16 weeks just to be accountable. I'm very pleased with the program and have only 26 lbs to go. Will I stay on the beige till I'm 160.? Please share your thoughts.
I was switched from beige to green when I got under 200 pounds. It is less food, but I was (and am) never hungry. I am really surprised none of your counselors have caught this. You should definitely ask, otherwise it might interfere with your transition when you get closer to your goal. To help me remember to ask things, I sometimes will put a reminder (such as the beige menu paper) in my car where I will see it! Good job! When did you start?
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
I was told that if it wasn't on the menu, it is a "no." I am not a big meat lover and asked about tofu and tofu alternatives. They said I would have to completely switch over to a vegetarian menu. My guess on Boca is "no."
My center gave me the vegetarian menu in case I wanted to switch around a bit. I asked if I needed to follow it for the entire week and was told NO, but that I would have to follow it for the entire day not just one meal. I believe BOCA burgers were allowed. Check with your center and ask for the vegetarian menu, too.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Girl View Post
Yes, you should go to green at 199. I actually started transitioning around 205. The only changes are 4oz meat instead of 6oz, and cheese limited to 2x/week at lunch (breakfast stays same) max. It is also a max of 4 supplements/day for meta-slim. Don't be scared of it - it really doesn't seem like that much less once you transition. I actually started doing 5oz in that 205 weight range and then switched to 4oz when I went under 200.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 242/186/160

Height: 5ft 9

I started preconditioning on march 20th of this year. I am very happy with my results. I have become a little less focused with my meal choices but I continue to go down in lbs, just not as fast as in the beginning. Going from 6oz of protein to 4oz is very do-able. I'm giving myself another 4 months to lose 26 lbs. I changed my goal from 170 to 160. I will make it a priority to ask them about the menu change this week. On another note.....has anyone heard anything about new meal bar flavors. My center said they got some in to sample,....pnut butter, oatmeal, choco/marshmallow, but they haven't been able to order them yet. Has anyone heard about these?
Onion Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #120  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all my 3FC friends! I know, long time, no chat, but I'm back and just re-enrolled for 17 more weeks to get this weight off. It's been a rough last 6 months or so (divorce/move) but I'm on the up-swing and am happier than ever and can't wait to get back to feeling better!! I look forward to seeing some 'old faces' perhaps and learning more about all the new ones since I last was on here!!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote