Given stabilization menu...many lbs. left to lose

• Hello everyone!

I went to my center last Friday and my contract is up. I've been doing the program on my own for the last 5 months. I go in to get weighed about once a month. I told the consultant I would not be able to re-up due to finances. She gave me the stabilization menu that allows me to have 1500 calories a month. I've done horrible so far. I'm wondering though is this the menu I should be on considering I still have so much weight to lose.

Thanks for your help!
  • 1500 calories a day you mean?
  • LOL! Thanks for catching that mistake. Wow I would lose weight super fast then. Maybe the menu is maintenance and not stabilization?
  • 1500 a day is your maintenance amount? How much were you eating before?
  • yeah, I believe they only give you the stabilization menu if you actually make it to your goal. If you don't make it to goal, they give you a maintenance menu and send you on your way.

Without the actual 6 week process of methodically incorporating foods back into your diet (stabilization), going onto a 1500/cal a day menu will likely result in weight gain because your body will be shocked. If I were you I would look for the stabilization menu on the forum and follow it closely! OR, keep going on your own, there's several people here doing it on their own. No reason to start stabilization unless you're actually going into maintenance.

Good luck!
  • Keep doing the regular menu until you are within 5-8 pounds of your goal, then go to stabilization for 6 weeks, then maintenance.
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • Quote: 1500 a day is your maintenance amount? How much were you eating before?
    I'm not sure. I was on the green menu.
  • Do you care if I ask you what center you are going to? I am also in Nebraska and have had some concerns with the center I have been attending!
  • Quote: Do you care if I ask you what center you are going to? I am also in Nebraska and have had some concerns with the center I have been attending!
    I attend the Omaha center.
  • I go to the Omaha center too. Have not been real happy with most of them. There are a few that I think are great. I use to go to Bellevue before they opened the omaha one.
  • I go to the Bellevue one, and so far I've been really happy with the staff there.
  • Quote: I go to the Omaha center too. Have not been real happy with most of them. There are a few that I think are great. I use to go to Bellevue before they opened the omaha one.
    I don't care for most of the staff at the center. That's the main reason I don't go in consistently to get weighed. I feel annoyed every time I walk in there.
  • Will anyone share with me what the foods are that you add into program when you go into stabilization?