Old 07-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/148/115

Height: 5'2"

Red face New Here

Hi everyone. My name is Natalie. I am in the preconditioning stage and go to food class Friday. I'm feeling very hungry, tired of eating only the things on the menu, and frustrated with how long it takes to cook/plan a meal.

I gave birth to our son in October so I am wanting to lose that weight and am very hopeful.

My meals have consisted of basically all quick pastas and fast food as it's easy and I decide what we're eating 5 minutes before I pull the box out of the cabinet. I love potatoes..... I love chocolate.......

I'm going to need a lot of help and recipes. I've looked thru the 34 pages of recipes that are in the sticky. Great ideas.

Any ideas of what to do with ground turkey and spaghetti squash? I made "spaghetti" with it tonight for supper.

Recipe for sloppy joes?? I have lots of questions. That's enough for now.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you
NatalieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Welcome.. I was the same way.. I'm still not a fan of planning my menu's.. But it has to be done. I use frozen Tilapia a lot.. and Ground Turkey. I make sliders/tacos/and mini meatloaf out of it. The recipe thread is great. There are a ton of easy recipes. I use the chili recipe all the tiem when it's cold.. Not now that it's 100 degrees here..

I'm lazy for lunch. I do cucumbers, tuna, and fruit. I change it up with cheese a few days a week... and leftovers..

The plan works if you stick to it. Good Luck.. There are a bunch of great ladies on here...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/226.5/160

Height: 5'6 1/2

Welcome! I am new as well. Just started this past Monday the 12th. Going to weigh in tonight. The program does work. This is my 2nd time doing it.
I also had a son in October. I have about 11lbs to get to my pre baby weight but that was still about 50lbs heavier than I was when I lost weight the last time on MRC.
I bake sphaghetti squash and then when it is done, take out the strings and I put just a dab of splenda brown sugar and spray butter and that is my favorite! You can make little burgers with the turkey meat and put that on your slice of bread at night..kind of an open face sandwich. I will also roast a turkey breast, remove the skin of course and measure out 4oz of meat and put that in little ziploc snack bags. I usually do/measure all my foods on Sundays. Get my fruit out and salad veggies all cut up so i can do salad or do cooked veggies.
it does take planning but it does work!
allisontom911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/148/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisontom911 View Post
Welcome! I am new as well. Just started this past Monday the 12th. Going to weigh in tonight. The program does work. This is my 2nd time doing it.
I also had a son in October. I have about 11lbs to get to my pre baby weight but that was still about 50lbs heavier than I was when I lost weight the last time on MRC.
I bake sphaghetti squash and then when it is done, take out the strings and I put just a dab of splenda brown sugar and spray butter and that is my favorite! You can make little burgers with the turkey meat and put that on your slice of bread at night..kind of an open face sandwich. I will also roast a turkey breast, remove the skin of course and measure out 4oz of meat and put that in little ziploc snack bags. I usually do/measure all my foods on Sundays. Get my fruit out and salad veggies all cut up so i can do salad or do cooked veggies.
it does take planning but it does work!
That's a great idea. October is a great month for babies! Thanks for the welcome girls
NatalieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #5  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

welcome, and good luck!
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S:226 C: 215.5 G:150ish?

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome! I'm also a newbie and joined MRC June 29th and I'm down 10lbs already. I have 3 boys so I understand eating whaterever is quick and easy for lunch. I am addicted to sugar, pasta and chocolate but I promise you that just a week after being on this diet my sweet tooth has disappeared. Hang in there!
msjjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #7  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I also find the HSNs help w/the sweets cravings because they are sweet by nature - Good luck and welcome!!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Mini Crisps

I just discovered the Chocolate Mini Crisps. I've been doing really good at not snacking and not eating after supper but occasionally I get soooo hungry and these seem to hit the spot. It's a guilt free pleasure It's not an everyday occurance but for when it hits they're great to have!
Gward714 is offline   Reply With Quote