Old 07-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Tips for Staying On Program When Traveling

I will be traveling to Japan for 2 weeks next month. I have done really well since starting the program in May and don't want to falter because I am on vacation. I am not so worried about the temptations but more about what will be available in the airports and on the long flights AND what is available in Japan (I am not one for fish or seafood). Does anyone have advice for me? Has anyone been to Japan while on program?
Thanks in advance.
Sandy
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/226.5/160

Height: 5'6 1/2

I have not been to Japan but did go to Aruba while on program the last time I did it. I packed enough powder supplements and bars for my entire trip. I didnt follow exact but I ended up losing 4lbs that week. I had 2 protein drinks for breakfast, I would have a protein drink and meal bar for lunch and ate a normal dinner. I did watch my carbs but I also did cheat. Had pizza one night and some pasta another night. I did alot of walking and exercised every day for an hour in the hotel gym.
It was better than the fat filled carb filled breakfast my hubbie had each day.

Good luck, let us know how you did when you get back. Should be an amazing trip
allisontom911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

I went to Peru for 10 days and lost 3 lbs while away. I did 80 oz of water every day, I walked a lot, I did all my HNS's and when it came to food, I did the best I could with what was available (and even had a gelato one day)

I erred on the side of eating less rather than more, I didn't make it an excuse to order what i would WANT, but I paid attention to getting proteins and vegetables - the starches seem to be a bit optional anyway since you don't have to try hard to get a little starch. As for the salt, it doesn't really impact your fat loss, just makes you retain water making it harder to know when you lose, so don't worry too much about that either because it will flush out when you return.

I went on my trip about 4 weeks into my program and was really anxious because I didn't want it to mess me up, but I went to weigh in the day my flight got back (-3lbs even WITH the plane water weight i'm sure I had) and I did metaquick right when I got back to get really on program.

Remember, this program is a dedication of many months and so long as you try to stay as close to plan as you can every day on your trip, it's not going to make or break this program for you. If you don't go to Japan everyday, remember you are on a vacation, enjoy yourself and just eat healthy, drink water and exercise. I'm sure you'll be just fine and it won't delay your goal date.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

Take your fruit and HNS on the plane with you. Pack what you can to get you through the flight. Drink extra water on the flight because flying dehydrates you.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

FYI, the new packaging of the liquid HNS EXPLODE in your suitcase. I just had 2 of the blue raspberry HNS explode on 2 different occasions in my suitcase. YUCK!
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I mailed my vitamins, HNS, and bars to my sister in Japan today. I figured I would eliminate problems going through security and customs. I talked with one of my counselors today about the long plane ride and she suggested that I try to find a couple of grilled chicken salads at the airport and carry them onto the international flight. She also suggested that I carryon bars just in case I can't find anything. Better safe than sorry.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote