Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #106  

Height: 5'6''

Meezoo...Metaquick did the trick for me...but here's the reason why. I told myself this was my jumpstart back into plan...Metaquick is SUPER restrictive...just a bar or shake for two meals...thats crazy. I never thought I'd be able to do that. I thought for sure I'd be hungry, but it's almost like i purposefully flipped a switch in my head...I wasn't gonna eat off plan...period. And I haven't been perfect...I never ever am...but wow am i doing better. I am going to WI today and I expect a loss. I don't know what kind of loss to expect as I've never done this before, but it should be good.

For everyone who is having a bad day, week or month with their eating, please remember its all choices. I knew when I was eating something off plan that it was a choice. Its hard to start making the right choices again, so take it one meal at a time. Say (outloud if you need to)...I'm going to eat this meal on plan...and then do it. Then when you're done eating...brush your teeth and chew a piece of gum. I drink 20oz of water between each meal...at least. So I keep my mouth busy. Try it. There's no magic to it, but this struggle is all mental. I didn't NEED to eat any of the off plan things I did...I chose to. Mostly I chose to because I was thinking about it. I wouldn't even think about it if my mouth was busy.

Hang in there everyone. This plan works...but, you have to make it work for you.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Wink Love the support

Mel, Hvnly, Dkmd - I'm so there with you guys. It makes a big difference to see how everyone gets and gives so much support because we all know the challenges, rewards, regrets and joys.

I love Hvnly's advice...One day...one meal at a time. Sometimes it is good to literally give yourself a pat on the back (or shoulder if you can't reach that far back) when you've stayed on plan for one meal, then the next and so on. That could add up to 3 or 4 pats a day a good reminder of your success.
molglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Meezoo...Metaquick did the trick for me...but here's the reason why. I told myself this was my jumpstart back into plan...Metaquick is SUPER restrictive...just a bar or shake for two meals...thats crazy. I never thought I'd be able to do that. I thought for sure I'd be hungry, but it's almost like i purposefully flipped a switch in my head...I wasn't gonna eat off plan...period. And I haven't been perfect...I never ever am...but wow am i doing better. I am going to WI today and I expect a loss. I don't know what kind of loss to expect as I've never done this before, but it should be good.

Hang in there everyone. This plan works...but, you have to make it work for you.
Great Advice Hvly. I know Metaquick has worked for me in the past. I think I just need that Kick in the A**. I'm going through a divorce, so My mom told me this morning that looking hot is the best revenge.. I need to keep that in mind..

Plus I'm not hurting anyone but me when I eat off plan. Today is the day I'm flipping the switch. I need to remember that it's just food..

I think I can.. I think I can.. No Wait.. I KNOW I can... Have a great weekend.. Good Luck at WI everyone...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

I am still chugging along..... lost 1.5 pounds at weigh-in today. Even though I didn't lose on Monday I am happy that the scale is going down and every little bit sure helps!! I am going to reward myself and schedule a massage next week.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #110  
Aprilw94

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
I am still chugging along..... lost 1.5 pounds at weigh-in today. Even though I didn't lose on Monday I am happy that the scale is going down and every little bit sure helps!! I am going to reward myself and schedule a massage next week.
Congrats...looks like this made u hit the 20lb mark....that's a big mile stone!!!!! Keep up the good work!
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #111  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I have been going down pretty steadily. I just got back from vacation & pretty much stayed on plan. Made most of my meals in our room, but ate dinner out a couple times. I made sure I got my veggies in, took my melba with my, brought my HNS & made sure they used no butter, dressing or sauces. I see a lot of people talking about the metaquick plan & was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it. What you eat & when? Does it cost more money? Just the basics I guess. I know you can't put a price on your life, but dang I feel like I spend more money doing this & buying food than I did before I started this. I'm glad I did, but it is getting a little costly as all you know.
Thank you to all of you, it helps me get through sometimes just by reading all these posts.
Good job to all......for the first time in life I'm proud to say I'm a loser!!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Congrats shannysmomma! Welcome back

There's several other threads outlining metaquick, here's the most recent:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...-metaslim.html

Good Luck!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

40 pound board today! Woo hoo!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 232/193/158

Height: 5'5"

Awesome Debi!!! Great job!
AngelaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

GoalAug2010: Thanks for the link to the Metaslim thread.

AngelaB: Great job on staying on plan during your vacation. I know how hard that is to do. I'm trying to do this without going to the center because of how costly it got. But, because everyone is so supportive and helpful, I feel this will work for me.

wenndinnc: Congrats on the 1.5 lbs. Always a step forward.

hatethesweatpants: I know how exciting the 40 lb mark is!!! Keep up the great effort.
molglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Congrats Debi!! I am hoping to make it there next couple of weeks also.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #117  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
Way to go! I am so happy for you that you got to 20 pounds, and surpassed it!! Great job!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #118  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
40 pound board today! Woo hoo!
Congratulations! That is awesome!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #119  

Height: 5'6''

Kick in the a$$ indeed!! I lost 4.5lbs this week. Now before anyone starts thinking I am a miracle weight loser...that was going from eating most off plan to meta-quick (bars and shakes only for breakfast and lunch) and from drinking like 40oz of water a day to 80-100oz a day (my normal range). That was my body saying "ahhh...thank you Samantha for finally treating me right and not eating crap". SO...this week, my goal is a good week on plan. My consultant told me that sometimes people keep seeing results from meta-quick through the next week. So we'll see. But in the mean time...I'm getting back into it and feeling successful.

Support support support! Here's my thought about why we come to 3FC...ready? I think of 3FC as the "spanx" of my weight loss journey. You know...Spanx...the ultimate support in undergarments that everyone talks about? I wouldn't dream of wearing some things without some support underneath to hold me together. I look better that way, feel better that way and I make it through the day easier. This group is that way too. I wouldn't DREAM of doing my MRC journey without this group. Sure I get support from the center, but this group is every day, hard working, through all the sweat and nasty parts (look back for discussions about poo and other weird things if you don't believe me). The things that really keep me rolling when I have a WI like 2 weeks ago, where I ate perfectly and gained 2lbs come from here. My center told me to eat less cottage cheese ("it's high in sodium")...boo to that. I always eat cottage cheese and rarely gain from a perfect week. This group told me to hang in there and stick it out. And here I am...6.5lbs in 2 weeks. SO, moral of the story...stay close to us here, especially when it gets hard. If you don't feel like going to WI...fine...though, I'll always encourage you to...but at the very least come here for some TLC and words of encouragement. You need them...and you know who you are if I'm talking to you. Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday and keep it one meal at a time. You can do it!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 232/226.5/160

Height: 5'6 1/2

congrats to those with great weight losses and hitting milestone marks! I only lost .5 in the last 4 days but I had a huge m&m cookie thursday night so not going to beat myself up to bad. Here is to another good 4 days!
allisontom911 is offline   Reply With Quote