Stabilization

• I hit my goal weight and I am going to my center this week to see about starting stabilization. Can anyone on stabilization tell me if I should expect to put some weight back on? I am really worried about putting on weight and having to count calories. I have the same nervous feeling of failure that I had when I started this program. Can someone tell me what to expect on stabilization? Thanks!!
  • Ooh La La I had the same concerns and they are totally unfounded, it has been a welcome change to add more foods back in. I maintained for the most part, I may have lost 2lbs at the most. This is a journey and when you reach maintenance it just continues on from where you were on the green menu with just more choices. This is a lifestyle change and you elimate the processed and preservatives from your diet for good. We take what we learn with the water, exercise, fruits, veg., etc and just incorporate it into our lives. Good luck and congrats to you on your accomplishments. sexyrene
  • Ooh La La, I wouldn't worry about it too much you've made quite the accomplishment already. I will advise to try to follow stabilization to a "T" as much as you can. I've been trying to follow it but have strayed away more times then I care to admit. I have gotten back to the weight I was when I started stabilization but that is because I cheated a bit. Okay I am lying--I cheated a lot!!! (Isn't that terrible, I don't feel that sorry about it either. : p)

When I wasn't cheating I lost about 3 lbs. When I started cheating like eating alot of popcorn and a candy bar instead of a cup of popcorn, that's when my problems began.

I've had a few slip ups and I know I will have to find some sort of balance. However, I feel I will figure it out. I used to worry about the weight coming back but not so much anymore. I feel like by worrying about it coming back, is like opening a door and welcoming it come back. It's like you are mentally setting yourself up to fail. So instead yes I might have the candy bar twice but its going to be a month or two before I eat it again. Plus when I eat I try to look for healthier choices and watch the portions. Pkus I know the consequences for my misdeeds-more water, more exercise etc.

I know I am all over the place with my thoughts at this moment, but I've heard my center say you could still loose several pounds during stabilization but I've also read you could also see some weight fluctuations (it said so on the food sheets where you add food in.) If you see fluctuations, maybe that is your body getting used to the new foods.
  • You can add popcorn? What other foods are added in?
  • Quote: You can add popcorn? What other foods are added in?
    You will also be adding the starchy veggies back and then more dairy items, ie: milk and yogurt and regular calorie breads in moderation.. Things like that.. They will add these items slowly so you don't go into carb overload.. Most folks are carb sensitive and since carbs have been cut back during the weight loss process you may find a little fluctuation when you add those thing back..

Cheers!

Ronnie