3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Quick Menu

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
skinnysissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Quick Menu

So I went to WI yesterday, and I haven't been in for two weeks (sick/busy) and I was the exact same weight. I haven't gone off program, I just haven't been able to exercise like I usually do. So they put me on the "Quick" menu...the one were you have a meal bar+ HNS for breakfast, fiberplus meal replacement drink + HNS, and real food + HNS for supper. Also you have 3 HNS for snacks. So my question is this....has anyone done this seven day menu, and does it work?? I just started this today, and I'm going back to WI on friday to see if it is putting me back in the burn. Any suggestions on the vanilla drink, because I think I made mine to watery...it wasn't very good
Oh and I've started back exercising...did the eliptical machine for 30 mins.
__________________
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

I do it every 30 days and love it, it's the only thing that keeps my average up. I *wish* i could do it twice a month but they won't let me! I lose more in the week of metaquick and the week after than the other two weeks each month. Also, i love not having to plan so many meals, it's easy.

I actually just finished another round of it and here are my tips:
1) If you can do it, try to use premade shakes ONLY. Not the powders and not the meal bars. If you compare the carbs, protein, etc on the "premades" vs. the powder shakes and the bars you'll see that 2 of the pre-mades are much better for you (lower carbs, higher protein, lower sugar, lower calories) than the shakes or bars. When i do shakes or bars, I have slightly less of a loss than if i do pre-mades exclusively. Oh and I only like the chocolate ones

2) Do the full 7 days. They say you can do 4 and then take a break and then do 3, but to get the most out of it, 7 straight days is more effective.

3) Try to do 2-3 fibers every day, they help keep you full and burn more calories

4) Drink tons of water, many people gain water weight during meta-quick, so drinking extra water will help combat this.

5) Do your exercise, it will help and you'll see the difference in this week.

6) For me, doing metaquick is the only thing that makes the ketosis strip pink. So when you finish your week, you'll be tempted to eat slightly off plan if you feel like it was a really rough week. Remember that when you finish metaquick, your body is in it's most efficient fat burning stage and you want to prolong that for AS LONG as possible, so don't cheat, watch the cheese, and try to hold out as long as you can.

Also, you might not lose much the week of and you'll see the loss the week after, that's how it works for many people. For me, I see a slightly smaller loss both weeks.

Good Luck!
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18

Last edited by GoalAug2010 : 06-17-2010 at 01:12 AM.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
skinnysissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Default

Wow thank you so much! Its so encouraging to hear this worked for you! Well my consultant sold me the carmel nut bars and the vanilla powder drinks, but when I go WI friday I'll purchase the premade drinks. Did you ever mix the HNS with the premade drinks? Consultant told me to mix Orange with the vanilla drink to make a creamsicle...but I tried that today and ugh it wasn't so good! Well I am def. doing this for 7 days, and I'll let ya know how it works for me. Thanks again for the info~!
__________________
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
hatethesweatpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: FoCo, Colorado
Posts: 668

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysissa View Post
Wow thank you so much! Its so encouraging to hear this worked for you! Well my consultant sold me the carmel nut bars and the vanilla powder drinks, but when I go WI friday I'll purchase the premade drinks. Did you ever mix the HNS with the premade drinks? Consultant told me to mix Orange with the vanilla drink to make a creamsicle...but I tried that today and ugh it wasn't so good! Well I am def. doing this for 7 days, and I'll let ya know how it works for me. Thanks again for the info~!
Hi there,
I have never done the metaquick, but I do have a shake for dinner once or twice a week when it's really hot. The key for me is a good blender. I use the vanilla powder along with a wildberry or lemon HNS, the 2c of water, and a handful of ice. The ice makes it extra cold and it seems to taste better to me. The first couple of times, I wasn't crazy about it, but now, I look forward to them. Good luck!
__________________
Debi in FoCo, Co
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
Member
 
thinknthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 93

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Default

I do meta-quick when I am traveling and it's been a life saver. I usually have a bar for breakfast and a shake for dinner. McDonald's southwest salad is what I usually have for dinner. It works like a charm.

I am considering using the pre-made shakes. I didn't bring them along because of the weight factor for luggage but I will definately try them later on.

My weight loss when I do meta-quick is also my best weight loss. I haven't done it for seven days but instead for four days.

Good luck with this. I also enjoy the structure of this plan and not planning meals.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnysissa View Post
Did you ever mix the HNS with the premade drinks? Consultant told me to mix Orange with the vanilla drink to make a creamsicle...but I tried that today and ugh it wasn't so good!!
I tried once to mix orange into chocolate and it just wasn't so good. I prefer to keep them separate.

Also, when you do use the powders, I agree with hatethesweatpants, it's all about blending it well with some ice.

The first couple times I messed around with it a lot but now i just stick to chocolate premades and power through. I'm not one to get bored, so it works for me.
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
skinnysissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Hi there,
I have never done the metaquick, but I do have a shake for dinner once or twice a week when it's really hot. The key for me is a good blender. I use the vanilla powder along with a wildberry or lemon HNS, the 2c of water, and a handful of ice. The ice makes it extra cold and it seems to taste better to me. The first couple of times, I wasn't crazy about it, but now, I look forward to them. Good luck!
Yum...I haven't thought about trying the wildberry. I will try this tomorrow! I blended vanilla and orange with WAY more ice and less water today..and it was soooo much better!! I made it really thick, so it was like eating orange sherbert! My only problem is that it makes so much that I can't finish it all! Today when I mixed 1c water, 2 handfuls of ice and the powder + orange HNS it made 4 cups! But it does the trick and fills me up even though I can't finish it all. 2 days down...5 more to go! Thanks for the tips


Quote:
Originally Posted by thinknthin View Post
I do meta-quick when I am traveling and it's been a life saver. I usually have a bar for breakfast and a shake for dinner. McDonald's southwest salad is what I usually have for dinner. It works like a charm.

I am considering using the pre-made shakes. I didn't bring them along because of the weight factor for luggage but I will definately try them later on.

My weight loss when I do meta-quick is also my best weight loss. I haven't done it for seven days but instead for four days.

Good luck with this. I also enjoy the structure of this plan and not planning meals.
Thank you
I work a 12 hr shift at night 3 days a week, so this really has been easier than trying to cook for every meal. I hope this will put me back on track, I haven't weighed myself religously every morning also, so I won't get discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
I tried once to mix orange into chocolate and it just wasn't so good. I prefer to keep them separate.

Also, when you do use the powders, I agree with hatethesweatpants, it's all about blending it well with some ice.

The first couple times I messed around with it a lot but now i just stick to chocolate premades and power through. I'm not one to get bored, so it works for me.
I am def. going to buy the chocolate powder friday when I go WI. The vanilla is alright, but I have to put a LOT of ice in it to tolerate it! My blender is new...and it works well, I was just confused on the instructions because it makes so much. I'm sticking with more ice and less water bc I like my shakes thick.
__________________
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
MEEZOOGIRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 246

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Default

I tried the Chocolate powder with a cappucino HNS this morning.. It was really good.. Tasted like a frappucino. I agree with the water and lots of ice. Next time I think I'll use more ice.

If you only use the shake for lunch, are you supposed to have your veggies too, or just the shake? I like it for breakfast.. How often can you use it for 1 meal? 3 times a week like the bars?

I've been stuck this week even though I've been on program, so I thought this would give me a jump start..
__________________


MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
Member
 
wendinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 92

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Well after reading this thread I decided to give the MQ a try this week. I went to weigh in this morning and stayed the same since last Thursday. It was disappointing since I stayed on program 100%!!!!!

I have a question: If I have a shake and HNS for breakfast and then a nutribar and HNS for lunch can I still have a creamy at night??

The paperwork is a little confusing stating 1 creamy allowed each day, but I know on the green menu if I have a meal replacement bar I can NOT have a creamy at night. I really enjoy the pudding at night and hope I can still have it.
__________________
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
If you only use the shake for lunch, are you supposed to have your veggies too, or just the shake? I like it for breakfast.. How often can you use it for 1 meal? 3 times a week like the bars?
When doing metaquick, you do a shake for breakfast and lunch every day for 7 days with a HNS and no veggies or fruits. For dinner, you ONLY choose from the group of proteins that has chicken (so no beef, salmon, cheese for dinner during those 7 days). I find that only doing the full 7 days of metaquick gives me the good weight loss effect.

However if you're not doing metaquick, you're allowed to do shakes and bars as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch only but not more than 3 days a week. For breakfast, it replaces your protein and starch. For lunch, it replaces your protein and fruit, so you still have veggies.

I don't think doing the mealbar or shake for breakfast or lunch makes a difference in weight loss vs. just having a normal meal. The meal bar/shake is just a convenient option for when you're in a bind or bored. They do have a slightly higher carb/sugar content than most meals you probably eat, so use them sparingly.

Hope that answers your questions!
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
member
 
GoalAug2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 300

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
Well after reading this thread I decided to give the MQ a try this week. I went to weigh in this morning and stayed the same since last Thursday. It was disappointing since I stayed on program 100%!!!!!
When did you start metaquick and did you do the full 7 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
I have a question: If I have a shake and HNS for breakfast and then a nutribar and HNS for lunch can I still have a creamy at night??

The paperwork is a little confusing stating 1 creamy allowed each day, but I know on the green menu if I have a meal replacement bar I can NOT have a creamy at night. I really enjoy the pudding at night and hope I can still have it.
Yes, you are allowed to have a creamy each day, the MQ menu overrides the green menu rules for just that 7 days. I find that i don't want the creamies as much on MQ because you feel like you get them for breakfast & lunch, but you can do it. The creamies have a slightly lower protein amount and a higher carb/sugar amount than a regular HNS. On MQ, you're on a more strict eating plan (no cheese, no steak, no salmon etc), so you're overall consuming a few less calories and you're getting a slightly different ratio of protein/carbs than normal which is why a creamy every day is ok. But regular HNS's are still always better, so use the creamies sparingly.

Good luck!
__________________
Original Goal


Resign Goal - Oct 18
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
Member
 
wendinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 92

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Thank you GoalAugust2010!!
I just started MQ this morning. At my center no one seemed to know for sure if a creamy was still allowed on the quick menu, but when I looked at the paper explaining it still wasn't clear to me. Thank you for the info. I am going to see how I do tonight and I made a gelatin just in case. I consider the chocolate pudding my special snack of the day that I can quietly savor after my two boys go to bed.
I had the shake for lunch.... vanilla powder, orange HNS, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of ice blended really well... and it was DELICIOUS! It made 2 large glasses and I totally enjoyed it.
Wish me luck......
__________________
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
MEEZOOGIRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 246

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
When doing metaquick, you do a shake for breakfast and lunch every day for 7 days with a HNS and no veggies or fruits. For dinner, you ONLY choose from the group of proteins that has chicken (so no beef, salmon, cheese for dinner during those 7 days). I find that only doing the full 7 days of metaquick gives me the good weight loss effect.

However if you're not doing metaquick, you're allowed to do shakes and bars as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch only but not more than 3 days a week. For breakfast, it replaces your protein and starch. For lunch, it replaces your protein and fruit, so you still have veggies.

I don't think doing the mealbar or shake for breakfast or lunch makes a difference in weight loss vs. just having a normal meal. The meal bar/shake is just a convenient option for when you're in a bind or bored. They do have a slightly higher carb/sugar content than most meals you probably eat, so use them sparingly.

Hope that answers your questions!

Thanks Goal.. That does answer my question. I wasn't sure so I had a few veggies today.. tomorrow I'll try just the shakes or a bar.. I'm hoping to stick with it for the 7 days..
__________________


MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
dkmd27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561

Default

I've used MQ quite a bit (scheduling difficulties) for convenience, however I never lose anymore than usual on it and sometimes my body just "quits". Everyone's body is different, and mine doesn't like the extra carbs and sugar in the shakes. (I don't use the bars, as they are not filling at all -- taste great, but not a meal).
__________________
May 1st Mini-Goal:

Deb
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
skinnysissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Default

Well I would like to announce that I lost 3 lbs on WI on friday, and I hope to have lost another 2 when I WI today! This plan has been really easy to stay on, and I def stay full with five HNS a day.
Oh and about the creamy question...my center told me NO CREAMIES, bc the one you are allowed a day is the shake you have for either breakfast or lunch. I have a carmel nut meal bar (which is YUMMY, tastes like a snickers) for breakfast and a shake for lunch, and a small dinner. Well thank you for all your input, and I hope for you all that are starting the MQ that you do great~!
__________________
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meta Quick Questions lookingforaloss Metabolic Research Center 13 08-20-2009 04:56 PM
Accountability/Menu/Planning 20 - 26 July nicolen 100 lb. Club 28 07-26-2009 12:41 PM
New Feel Full Menu Plan Winkety LA Weight Loss 290 05-09-2008 01:04 PM
Quick 'n' Lazy Core Recipes Laura Lena Simply Filling and Core Recipes 14 03-21-2006 02:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2