Beck Diet Solution

• Hi all,
    I have begun reading a very interesting book called The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck. It's not a diet, per se, but teaches you how to "think like a thin person." You can pick any reasonable diet to work with (although I think MRC might be too restrictive for her). I am learning to retrain my brain and how I think about food, dieting, and eating. For example, instead of thinking it's "unfair" that others are getting to eat something you're not, it gives suggestions on what to think instead. Every day is sound advice such as sitting down at each and every meal, giving yourself credit for good choices, and eating slowly. I'm finding it to be very helpful. Apparently, cognitive change has been one of the major indicators of people keeping weight off over the long term.
    Best,
  • Thanks for the recommendation Debi, I saw you had mentioned this in a post yesterday and I went out and bought a copy today. I'm looking forward to digging in!
  • I read that book and thought it was pretty good if you are not on a restricted food plan.. I think it can be very helpful though!

Cheers!

Ronnie
  • I bought this book three years ago and I don't think I really read it...I will have to get it off the bookshelf and dust it off...
  • There's a Beck Diet Solution forum here on 3FC. Can't link you as I'm on the BlackBerry but it's listed clearly on the Forum home page and in the drop-down Forum Jump box at the bottom of the page.