It happened

• I had been cruising along losing 3 lbs a week no problem for the past 4.5 months. Never a bump in the road. Ate off program about 7 times in 5 months, not bad all things considered. Still lost 3 lbs a week.

The past 2 weeks I have lost 1.2 lbs combined. I am 15 lbs from goal and really frustrated. I KNOW I need to exercise more, but I lost the first 63 lbs without exercise. Any words of wisdom? I'm following the program 100% with the exception of perhaps 2 days off program a month for special events (like today - it's my nephew's grad party, and in 2 weeks I'll eat off program for Father's Day)
  • Quote: I had been cruising along losing 3 lbs a week no problem for the past 4.5 months. Never a bump in the road. Ate off program about 7 times in 5 months, not bad all things considered. Still lost 3 lbs a week.

The past 2 weeks I have lost 1.2 lbs combined. I am 15 lbs from goal and really frustrated. I KNOW I need to exercise more, but I lost the first 63 lbs without exercise. Any words of wisdom? I'm following the program 100% with the exception of perhaps 2 days off program a month for special events (like today - it's my nephew's grad party, and in 2 weeks I'll eat off program for Father's Day)
    The closer I got to goal, the slower the weight loss. I was lucky to lose a lb a week. I also lost the bulk of my weight without exercise. You are right; you will have to step up your exercise to get the last little bit off. The closer I got the harder it got; life "got in the way" and I'm having to re-lose 10 pounds. Stay strong; it will come off!
  • Quote: I had been cruising along losing 3 lbs a week no problem for the past 4.5 months. Never a bump in the road. Ate off program about 7 times in 5 months, not bad all things considered. Still lost 3 lbs a week.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You have been doing awesome! I would just ask the center if there is anything you should be doing different. But I dont see 1.2 lbs as a bump in the road. I think it is still major success! You also know that you should exercise more, so maybe that is the key. Great walking weather is upon us. Great Job Angela
  • Have you tried the week of MRC shakes? My friend was in a similar situation as you and her center suggested it. You could ask your center about that plan. It is supposed to jumpstart weight loss. Great job on your program - you must look terrific!
  • Quote: The past 2 weeks I have lost 1.2 lbs combined. I am 15 lbs from goal and really frustrated. I KNOW I need to exercise more, but I lost the first 63 lbs without exercise. Any words of wisdom? I'm following the program 100% with the exception of perhaps 2 days off program a month for special events (like today - it's my nephew's grad party, and in 2 weeks I'll eat off program for Father's Day)
    Pink ... you're doing great -- just "stay the course". Your story hit me personally because I started within a pound of where you did and got to right about where you are .... got pissed, frustrated, broke and never finished. Needless to say, I gained a good bit of what I lost back. DON'T DO IT!!! It's not worth it. Just hang in there. I never exercised much either. Keep on doing what you're doing. My personal feelings are that you should avoid "gimmicky" ways to lose the last bit, keep on working the program, maybe up your water and walk a little bit. Remember, you have to live with this for the long run, and gimmicky things aren't going to help with that. Just keep on doing what has worked for you this long -- you'll get there, just don't quit! The last pounds are slower to lose, but you can do it!!
  • id almost be willing to guarentee *most* of the reason for the slow down is because youve been dieting down so LONG. I hate to oversimplify things and give a politically incorrect answer, but your metabolism has prob slowed to a screeching halt (or "adapted" metabolically to the low calories, with no real change for the past 4.5 months.) Your body has become efficient at working/living off of only 1200 (approx) cals a day, and it doesnt really *need* to tap into fat stores anymore. I hate to say it, but because you (admittedly) didnt workout, ESPECIALLY doing strength training, then youve almost definitely lost muscle mass as well during this period, which once again, is going to lower your metabolic rate. I cant really offer any advice at this point, because the damage has been done, so to speak. The one thing that will definitely help, although i KNOW you WONT do it is to do a massive refeed week or 10 days, where you eat at or ABOVE your maintence cals, like 2000 to 3000 a day, concentrating on high glycemic index carbohydrates, to rest your hormones and give your metabolism a does of happy happy. Google refeed, or reload. Its scientically sound and a very very well known tactic in fat loss and in the fitness industry. However, since youve been so low carb for so long, if you DID chose to do a refeed (which i doubt you will, cuz its a scary scary idea) expect to see a MASSIVE scale rebound (of mostly water weight) by the end of the refeed. We're talking upwards of 10 pounds? Granted, it comes back off within a week or 2 of dieting back down, but its really scary to see those numbers again, and to feel so bloated you cant close your jeans.

I did a refeed after i finished MRC because my body was so outta whack, that i couldnt even look at a donought withough gaining 5 pounds. After the refeed i had gained 11 pounds! But i enjoyed that week of eating whatever i wanted My weightloss had also completely stopped (before the refeed, when i was still doing MRC) no matter what i did, and if i ate above 1400 cals i gained weight. Now i eat lots of carbs, i was able to lose those last stubborn pounds i couldnt get off with MRC, and im able to maintain (with ease) at around 1700 to 2000 cals
  • Thanks guys!

I totally don't want to do anything gimicky (the center suggested the HcG tx and I said NO way) If anything, I would try the refeed and see how that worked for me.

I know I should have been exercising, totally know I should have been. If someone comes up with 3 extra hours in each day, then I'll be able to fit it in!
  • i wake up between 3 and 3 30 am to fit my exercise in... youll make the time when you want it bad enough
  • mkroyer, I agree with you but I don't necessarily think you need to be OP for a week. It seems that the week I have gone slightly OP is the week I lose the most.
  • research is showing the longer youve been in a deficit, the longer your break, or re-feed needs to be.