3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

12 Steps Program

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default 12 Steps Program

The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God

Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings

Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs


One thing for those who are not religous. My therapist has told me that I get to make my own 'God'. She suggested I inventory the people who were most important to me in my life and take their personality traits and that is my God.
__________________



April Goal

daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
RonnieAdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 424

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God

Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings

Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs


One thing for those who are not religous. My therapist has told me that I get to make my own 'God'. She suggested I inventory the people who were most important to me in my life and take their personality traits and that is my God.
Thanks for posting this! This could prove to be most helpful ..

Cheers!

Ronnie
__________________
192.0/188.0/140.0
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Now UC it! Now U don't!
 
Joy2MeNu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Purdue University area, near West Lafayette, IN
Posts: 647

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default

I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish you the best Daizy! The one true God always wants only the very best for your beautiful life!
__________________



Am back for Round 2, beginning 3/7.
Not until you push yourself to the limit and then past that, will you begin to realize "exactly what" you are capable of handling physically & mentally. Yes it's scary, hard, & exhausting. But, when you challenge yourself & strive to work harder than you ever have at the beginning of each day, when you finally stop to ....rest, you'll be more positive than anxious about your future!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Member
 
joanie830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 70

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish you the best Daizy! The one true God always wants only the very best for your beautiful life!
This is so true!!! My life goes so much smoother when I put my trust in Him and get out of my own way!!
__________________
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
dkmd27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish you the best Daizy! The one true God always wants only the very best for your beautiful life!
Here's my facebook response .... LIKE!
__________________
May 1st Mini-Goal:

Deb
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
266/236/192
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Littleton,CO
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default

Hey Miss Daisy! Glad to see you still around. I just started back on a mix of MRC (cuz I had TONS of HNS left over) and another program (very similar) just subbing the HNS for the protein in the 3 snacks a day. Even tho I am not officially and MRCer hopefully you all won't mind me lurking around here.
__________________
Kristalin180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Hey Miss Daisy! Glad to see you still around. I just started back on a mix of MRC (cuz I had TONS of HNS left over) and another program (very similar) just subbing the HNS for the protein in the 3 snacks a day. Even tho I am not officially and MRCer hopefully you all won't mind me lurking around here.
Hey pretty lady! How are ya??? How's married life? Welcome back and let me know if you need anything!!!
__________________



April Goal

daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
266/236/192
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Littleton,CO
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
Hey pretty lady! How are ya??? How's married life? Welcome back and let me know if you need anything!!!
LOL Fat and tired! Hence why I am trying to get going again. Married life is good just busy and you lose track of everything it seems like, especially taking care of yourself. How are you doing? Your profile pic looks GREAT! I will. I have so many HNS in my cupboards I figured I'd better start using them.
__________________
Kristalin180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Core Chat Thread - Feb 12 - 18, 2007 Froufy Simply Filling/Core 118 02-19-2007 12:30 PM
Habit Formers *12 week challenge* JoyG56 Chicks up for a Challenge 499 02-16-2006 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2