3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Question about weight gain during TOTM (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/203466-question-about-weight-gain-during-totm.html)

SandyKC0SWJ 06-01-2010 11:49 PM

Question about weight gain during TOTM

I just weighed in today and gained 2 pounds since Friday. I stayed OP all weekend and am frustrated. I did start my time of the month (TOTM) today. Can I attribute the weight gain to TOTM? Does anyone else see it affect their weigh ins? :shrug:

mkroyer 06-02-2010 06:42 AM

theres no doubt it will affect your weigh ins... on the plus side, in a week or so when you go back to weigh in after the water retention has gone down, you *may* see a significant drop! Dont worry about it

grrrkgrrrl 06-02-2010 08:24 AM

i am inclined to say yes. don't worry about it.

hatethesweatpants 06-02-2010 08:43 AM

Yes, yes, yes. This happened to me last month and the next week, I was down 4.

pbolton1 06-02-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKC0SWJ (Post 3319654)
I just weighed in today and gained 2 pounds since Friday. I stayed OP all weekend and am frustrated. I did start my time of the month (TOTM) today. Can I attribute the weight gain to TOTM? Does anyone else see it affect their weigh ins? :shrug:

Absolutely. When I'd mention that at the center, the girls would put me on the scale and do the readouts again. It always showed an increase of water over that period of time.

skinnysissa 06-03-2010 01:59 AM

Yes this happened to me ALL the time, every month! I finally broke down and followed their advice and started taking Vit B6 and doubled it the week I was bloated from TOTM...and it works!! I actually lost weight last TOTM, when other times I would either stay the same or GAIN. Buy B6!

SandyKC0SWJ 06-03-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnysissa (Post 3321705)
Yes this happened to me ALL the time, every month! I finally broke down and followed their advice and started taking Vit B6 and doubled it the week I was bloated from TOTM...and it works!! I actually lost weight last TOTM, when other times I would either stay the same or GAIN. Buy B6!

Thanks for the advice. I will weigh again on Friday and talk to them about the B6. :hug:

SandyKC0SWJ 06-05-2010 01:57 AM

So after my disappointment on Tuesday, I weighed in again today and was down 6 pounds. It is crazy how your weight can flucuate so much in just a matter of days. 2.5 more pounds and I can say good-bye to the 3s!

pbolton1 06-05-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKC0SWJ (Post 3325108)
So after my disappointment on Tuesday, I weighed in again today and was down 6 pounds. It is crazy how your weight can flucuate so much in just a matter of days. 2.5 more pounds and I can say good-bye to the 3s!

Yippeeeee:carrot:

namaste1969 06-05-2010 08:23 PM

B6

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnysissa (Post 3321705)

My center also advised the B6, now i will consider it.