3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   June Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/203439-june-thread.html)

wendinnc 06-01-2010 05:17 PM

June Thread

Now that the holiday weekend is over let's start this month on a fresh note. Good luck everyone. :)

jenkatt 06-01-2010 05:19 PM

Cruddy weigh in, I was up a pound. The holiday caught up with me, even though I didn't think it was that bad.
Here's to rebooting and starting over....

wendinnc 06-01-2010 05:21 PM

I decided to start the metaslim days 1-4 on Saturday to make sure I tried my hardest to stick to it over the holiday weekend. I went in today to w/in and lost 1.5 pounds since Friday. So far I am down 7 pounds and am thrilled!! I am hypothyroid and have always had such a difficult time losing any weight so this is a HUGE loss for me. I am sure now that the novelty is wearing off it will come off much slower, but I am determined. I have not had a morsel off program so my willpower thus far has been strong. I pray that I continue to do as well and am only taking one meal at a time..... otherwise I tend to get a little overwhelmed.
I hope you are all doing well.

GWE140 06-01-2010 09:00 PM

Reflection

16 months ago I began MRC for the 3rd and last time...I did very well for the first several months losing 60lbs...for the past 6 months it has been a struggle to get to my goal...I have basically been maintaining my loss...My daughter graduated from college three weeks ago and my dad brought me a CD of photos from my last visit to his home, that was Jan 2009 at my absolute heaviest...I had always avoided taking pictures but this time I could not run away from the camera...OMG!!!!! I never saw the pictures and am absolutely taken away at how LARGE I was and how different I looked, completely another person...I have let 10lbs slip on me the past 6 months from training and not staying completely on program...but after seeing those pictures I am NEVER going back to that...NEVER....June goal 10lbs!
Genell

mtgal1453 06-01-2010 09:07 PM

I had my first official weigh-in today, after finishing the beige menu (Days 1-4), and I lost 4 pounds! That makes my total 8 in a week! I'm very excited about this! Thanks for letting me share!

dmscrap 06-01-2010 09:13 PM

Yeah! finally a good weigh in! Down 4 lbs this week! Now to stay OP this next week! Good luck to all! :)

Goose 06-01-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWE140 (Post 3319402)
16 months ago I began MRC for the 3rd and last time...I did very well for the first several months losing 60lbs...for the past 6 months it has been a struggle to get to my goal...I have basically been maintaining my loss...My daughter graduated from college three weeks ago and my dad brought me a CD of photos from my last visit to his home, that was Jan 2009 at my absolute heaviest...I had always avoided taking pictures but this time I could not run away from the camera...OMG!!!!! I never saw the pictures and am absolutely taken away at how LARGE I was and how different I looked, completely another person...I have let 10lbs slip on me the past 6 months from training and not staying completely on program...but after seeing those pictures I am NEVER going back to that...NEVER....June goal 10lbs!
Genell

Good for you, Genell! I, too, have let about 10 lbs slip back up on me and started back on green menu (hardcore...no deviations!!!) today. I even exercised and I hate to do that. My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

dkmd27 06-01-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 3319499)
My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

Good idea Goose --- I MUST adjust my attitude and set goals....so I think 15 pounds gone in June is my first goal. :dizzy:

snowbuni 06-02-2010 12:01 AM

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I got to visit the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado...took plenty of H2O and HNS...Used a bar to minimize travel with food in the cooler. Hiking up the sand was a killer workout. I also discovered if I get a little extra unplanned sun to the skin, the body tends to hold onto extra water to compensate. It was worth it and the planning helped me stay on program. :beach:

namaste1969 06-02-2010 12:38 AM

I understand!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenkatt (Post 3319071)
Cruddy weigh in, I was up a pound. The holiday caught up with me, even though I didn't think it was that bad.
Here's to rebooting and starting over....

Hey Jenkatt,
I know how you feel. I did not adhere to the plan this weekend and it showed at WI today. Rebooting too. Just have to keep looking forward!

GWE140 06-02-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 3319499)
Good for you, Genell! I, too, have let about 10 lbs slip back up on me and started back on green menu (hardcore...no deviations!!!) today. I even exercised and I hate to do that. My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

Thank you...I know how easy it is to gain weight but SO hard to lose it!!! Running has been my lifesaver but still I can gain weight just looking at food...I am trying to learn the balance of my body requirements, and take it a day at a time, i am trying not to shock my body by a low cal/carb diet, I am trying to balance my required nutrient needs while losing weight and staying strong for running, this is a huge struggle. I know we can do it and I am determined to reach my goal this year! Back to basics for the next 3 months and I am not training for any races so it is back to 10-15 miles a week running, very doable while losing weight, I need to keep my body out of starvation mode which practically killed me last spring trying to stay on the green menu and train for a race...YES we can do this!!!

carolinagirlnc 06-02-2010 08:34 AM

Bad weight in yesterday, up 1.5:mad: from saturday and I did not go off my menu over the holiday weekend. A little discourged but have to look ahead and loss this weight for ever.:D:D

hatethesweatpants 06-02-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendinnc (Post 3319073)
I decided to start the metaslim days 1-4 on Saturday to make sure I tried my hardest to stick to it over the holiday weekend. I went in today to w/in and lost 1.5 pounds since Friday. So far I am down 7 pounds and am thrilled!!

Great job, Wendi! Holidays are hard and you proved that you are strong. I've found it much easier to just make a "No" rule to eating off program. It gives me a lot of freedom and makes decision making muuuuuch easier. Good for you!

hatethesweatpants 06-02-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgal1453 (Post 3319408)
I had my first official weigh-in today, after finishing the beige menu (Days 1-4), and I lost 4 pounds! That makes my total 8 in a week! I'm very excited about this! Thanks for letting me share!

:carrot::carrot:Wowza! Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot:

MEEZOOGIRL 06-02-2010 08:51 AM

Happy June Everyone... I'm back on plan. I was pretty good over the holiday weekend.. We spent a lot of time at the beach.. Next weekend, I'll pack more veggies/fruit to snack on instead of crackers..

Yesterday I was 100% on program. That hasn't happened in a while. I even started my Enhancer/CortiTrim again. It's like having to start all over. The sweet cravings are the worst. I know if I can last til the end of the week, they will be gone, but... It's so hard not to snack at night. Here's to day 2 ON PROGRAM!!!