Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

For my water I use "intak" by thermos. You can also get it on amazon.com for under $13. I actually got mine at Walmart last summer but can't remember how much it cost.
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #107  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
We must have started at the same time Junie. I am on day 14 also and went to weigh in today. I am down a total of 9.5 pounds (1.5 down today) and have lost 19 inches. I am very happy with the progress. I still get hungry this time of day.... 3pm.... and try to be satisfied with my HNS. Keep up the great work!!
Wendi, that is pretty cool that we started on the same day and lost the same amount of weight! 19 inches is amazing! They will be measuring me next week. I too get hungry around that time every day. I have started eating cucumbers and tomatoes to get me through until supper. Good luck and keep in touch.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #108  

anyone have problems with hair loss and having NO cycle...for months....and I mean...Months!!!??
bc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #109  

I am a very young MRC member and have done exceptionally well on the program. I lost all my weight and then re signed a few months ago....to get to a lower number and lower fat mass number.
my goal is 110 and i was literally at 119 and then all of a sudden I started having theworst worst worst NIGHT cravings...literally...special k, turkey, peanut butter, anything....I am so good during the day...literally eat to the T and won't eat anything better and even when I am out with friends, family, and boyfriend...I NEVER go off menu and they all hate it. I always eat salads when I am out. I need to know what to do about these cravings...because My weight is back up to around 122 and I want to get to 110 so badly...Not for the number but because I felt so good at 119 and also because I am one of those people that sets a goal...and needs to accomplish it. I am a former true star athlete and never was really big but one i quit and decided not to play in college I didnt want to gain the freshy 15 so I went on MRC and did so well..
any help or ideas on what to do....these cravings have to stop...every night...and a lot of it is...the fact that I do not sleep!!

any help would be appreciated!! thanks soso much!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #110  

oh and I also started a hardcore workout with my boyfriend...lifting weights so realize I probably gained some muscle. and I will admit I am extremely hard on myself and literally never go off menu out to eat or during the day...won't even use any other dressing but red wine vinegar...
so with that....I am going to try the shake diet....meta quick..where you do shake in morning, bar for lunch and dinner....then I will do the two meal plan....

any help would be greatly appreciated it..
especially with hair loss, no cycle and the darn night snacking
Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #111  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc2010 View Post
I am a very young MRC member and have done exceptionally well on the program. I lost all my weight and then re signed a few months ago....to get to a lower number and lower fat mass number.
my goal is 110 and i was literally at 119 and then all of a sudden I started having theworst worst worst NIGHT cravings...literally...special k, turkey, peanut butter, anything....I am so good during the day...literally eat to the T and won't eat anything better and even when I am out with friends, family, and boyfriend...I NEVER go off menu and they all hate it. I always eat salads when I am out. I need to know what to do about these cravings...because My weight is back up to around 122 and I want to get to 110 so badly...Not for the number but because I felt so good at 119 and also because I am one of those people that sets a goal...and needs to accomplish it. I am a former true star athlete and never was really big but one i quit and decided not to play in college I didnt want to gain the freshy 15 so I went on MRC and did so well..
any help or ideas on what to do....these cravings have to stop...every night...and a lot of it is...the fact that I do not sleep!!

any help would be appreciated!! thanks soso much!
What is your bmi and your fat%?
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #112  
Denise

Quote:
oh and I also started a hardcore workout with my boyfriend...lifting weights so realize I probably gained some muscle. and I will admit I am extremely hard on myself and literally never go off menu out to eat or during the day...won't even use any other dressing but red wine vinegar...
so with that....I am going to try the shake diet....meta quick..where you do shake in morning, bar for lunch and dinner....then I will do the two meal plan....

any help would be greatly appreciated it..
especially with hair loss, no cycle and the darn night snacking
Have you done a body comp lately? I'd be interested in seeing, since you've been working out so much.... what your bmi and fat mass are, along with your lean muscle and hydration. You know you can request it? And, are you doing a hns at night?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #113  
Denise

Quote:
anyone have problems with hair loss and having NO cycle...for months....and I mean...Months!!!??
Ok, so are you on birth control? If not, have you recently stopped taking birth control? How many HNS are you drinking per day? Have you had your thyroid checked recently?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #114  

No birth control at all. and thyroid was checked....a while ago...when I was in the hospital for other reasons.
but I haven't been to center in a while becauase I have been so down on myself since gaining weight after hitting 119.
I know 110 is a low number...but We talked to my doctor and it is an ok weight for me...anything lower will be too low.
but Just needed some tips on how to cure this snacking and how to lose the last 13-14 pounds..I am going to have to resign soon...and I cannot believe I can't get these pounds off.I suppose running would help....I use to run everyday but haven't in so long.
I just am so down on gaining weight...it stinks..when you do so well and then do bad and can't get the goal.

and then we are pretty worried over the hair loss and no cycle thing..It has been months..

I take 4 drinks a day. breakfast,lunch, mid day and then dinner. that is what my center told me to do..

do drinks honestly help weight loss?!?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #115  
Denise

Quote:
No birth control at all. and thyroid was checked....a while ago...when I was in the hospital for other reasons.
but I haven't been to center in a while becauase I have been so down on myself since gaining weight after hitting 119.
I know 110 is a low number...but We talked to my doctor and it is an ok weight for me...anything lower will be too low.
but Just needed some tips on how to cure this snacking and how to lose the last 13-14 pounds..I am going to have to resign soon...and I cannot believe I can't get these pounds off.I suppose running would help....I use to run everyday but haven't in so long.
I just am so down on gaining weight...it stinks..when you do so well and then do bad and can't get the goal.

and then we are pretty worried over the hair loss and no cycle thing..It has been months..

I take 4 drinks a day. breakfast,lunch, mid day and then dinner. that is what my center told me to do..

do drinks honestly help weight loss?!?
If you're not getting enough protein, your hair will fall out... that's why I was asking about the drinks. Can you give me an idea of your normal food choices (and amounts) for the day? So, for example.... tell me what you ate yesterday. And, get into the center and do that body comp! I think you're going to see 110 is going to be too low because of your weight lifting and muscle mass. Cardio will help you lose, and not give you the muscle gain but it's more of what you want. Do you want tone? How about doing pilates? or yoga? And also, when you have your body comp done, have your inches done too. I bet you've lost inches. How are your clothes feeling? You're being really hard on yourself and the stress won't help with your hair or your period love.

Not trying to be too personal but you don't think you're possibly pregnant?

Last edited by namaste; 06-11-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #116  

yes you sound just like my mom! Wight is a big stress on me..and you would think I would be happy but I am not...because I wanna be 110...and i also still have a little belly pouch and I hate it.
hair loss is really bad and I started taking vitamins, and NO WAY i am prego...waiting till marriage.

and I will say I have lost tons tons and tons of inches and yes my clothes feel good...but its hard because i was down to 119 and then starting eating at night when i would wake up...and i dont know why or how to fix it...or what to do .......to lose the weight.

i wont be able to workout as hard because i am getting a job so that will be hard and put more stress on me!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #117  

yesterday i ate...toast and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, turkey and apple and cucumbers for lunch and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner and toast.

natures own is the bread i eat since that is what my center suggested..

but tomorrow i am going to start the shake,bar, dinner diet...
Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #118  
Denise

Quote:
yesterday i ate...toast and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, turkey and apple and cucumbers for lunch and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner and toast.

natures own is the bread i eat since that is what my center suggested..

but tomorrow i am going to start the shake,bar, dinner diet...
Ok, I know you want to "get there" but the stress is going to plateau you. You can try the shake, bar, deal and it's fine but here's what else I would suggest either instead of or after you do that.... ok?

Wake up, then for breakfast:

Eat a lean protein.... no eggs.
Have something like the Italian Breakfast Sausage, with a little cheese and a low cal tortilla (la flavorita)

Drink your HNS mid morning (in between breakfast and lunch)

For lunch.... (I don't know if you're eating ground turkey or turkey lunch meat here; if you're eating lunch meat, stop... too much sodium) Do your lean protein; chicken, tuna, ground turkey.... and cut out the apples for a week; move over to citrus. The apples are one of the highest in the glycemic index and will 1) cause plateaus 2) cause cravings.... and your veggie is fine. Stick with a raw veggie at lunch if possible; they burn faster.

Drink your HNS mid afternoon (between lunch and dinner)

For dinner..... lean protein again; try the taco casserole recipe! (that gives you the protein and the starch) and then for your veggie; do a cooked veggie ok? Cooked veggies will burn slower so that will keep you full through the night. If you're making broccoli, cut off the stems. They have a lot of sugar in them.

Drink an HNS before bed, or have a creamy before bed (make the gooey brownie recipe).

Need any recipes?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #119  

i have the cookbook at my house!

and yes i was doing turkey from publix..low sodium publix brand lunch meat.
so citrus...as in oranges? a whole orange?

and dinner was def usually chicken, green beans or broccoli and then the toast..natures own. 40 cal

i will do shake/bar diet...and hopefully it will work .....if i stop the cravings...and with waking up and snacking...i will pretty much just have to STOP!

what about stopping working out...is that going to cause any problems...
i will try running again.
and i will do my water.

just need to get to 110 and stop the freaking gosh darn snacking
Old 06-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #120  

also do you think drinks(HNS) really help weight loss and pills...because i go weekends sometimes or a few days without them when i run out...and was losing weight still...