Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #1  

Default what should I do?

I really want to do this. I want to feel good in my own skin again. Unfortunately I dont think we can afford it right now. Is there another way I can do this without $400 initiation fee?
I can afford the monthly cost for HNS and cortitrim. Should I put it on my CC and deal with it or just quit thinking about it?
rcptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcptaylor View Post
I really want to do this. I want to feel good in my own skin again. Unfortunately I dont think we can afford it right now. Is there another way I can do this without $400 initiation fee?
I can afford the monthly cost for HNS and cortitrim. Should I put it on my CC and deal with it or just quit thinking about it?
rcptaylor,
If the cost is too much for you at this time, you could wait and see if the center near you runs a special. Sometimes you can save 100 or so that way. Unfortunately, the program is expensive. You will have the monthly expense of HNS and any other herbs/vitamins you want to purchase. I was on program for about 8-9 months and spent over 2000 on the plan. I did not use more than vitamins, efa, b6 regularly. IF you can stay strong and resist their sales pitch each time you go in, then you may want to go ahead and put the initial fee on your CC. That is really up to you...
Wishing you luck in your decision!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/171/160

Height: 5'4"

I think it is important to buy into the MRC program mentally and monetarily. You have to have a good relationship with the staff and believe they are there to help you and not just take your money. I believe this about my MRC staff. You might try making an appointment with the manager at your MRC center and speak to them about your budget. I think they would work with you and drop the fee cost. Good luck. I like this program a lot especially all the support from great people.
Cherokree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I whole-heartedly believe that getting a start at MRC and the accountability of weigh-ins twice a week makes for an amazing and best-case scenario to your success, however, if that seems totally impossible, look for threads of folks working do do this plan on their own, because there are many. Many purchase weekly hns via dietdirect.com, so it is possible. I again, don't think it is the best option, but if you can collect all the info -- particularly the menu designed for your circumstances, you can do it.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #5  

I think it is a personal decision. I joined a few years ago and had some success. I bought the HNS my own vitamins and occasional extra supplement. I liked the support of the staff and being accountable 2x a week. I also enjoyed the success programs, competitions, classes and other incentives they had to offer.
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote