Old 05-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #1  

Default Consultation

Today was my inital consultation at MRC. I think this will be the right choice for me, now I need to show the cost to my husband and ensure it is what is right for our pocketbook right now. I was suprised at what they consider my ideal body weight. It is 30 lbs more than what everything else I read says.

How hard is it to do this while feeding your family, and my kids are young so they only like certain veggies. Any tips on making this easy with kids and busy schedules? Thank you, I have learned a lot about the program
rcptaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5

I don't have kids so I can't help you with that part but just make sure you prepare you lunch early if you have to take a lunch to work. I also must tell you that at the beginning it'll seem really hard to get everything pulled together and make it a normal routine but after the first couple of weeks it'll all come together and run a lot smoother.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcptaylor View Post
I was suprised at what they consider my ideal body weight. It is 30 lbs more than what everything else I read says.
Don't get too cozy with that number ... when I got within 8 pounds of what they told me my ideal was, they lowered it another 20. Pissed me off (they never told me it was only an estimate) and I quite, gained a lot of my loss back, so really only hurt myself. So just know going in, that that number can change dramatically based on body comp.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

You're smart to think about the challenge of feeding your kids too, because it has been a bit tricky to feed our daughter while on the plan. She'll eat the protein and some of the veggies and then I've just added a starch for her meal - pasta, garlic bread - rice - something I can make easily and just for her so I'm not tempted to eat it. If she doesn't like the veggie I'm making for us, I substitute fruit for her, figuring she needs that too. One good thing is that she's in the habit now of taking a multi-vitamin because we always take them with our evening meal so she takes one right along with us.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote