Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I'm hanging in there. Keep gaining and losing the same few pounds. Lately, when that carb monster calls my name I come running. I'm sure if I could just stick to it and see some success, I'd be more apt to ignore my cravings or my tendency to eat for emotional reasons. Summer is coming and I'll have some time off of work to get back to the basics. I certainly don't want to be back where I started. Keep us posted on your stabilization!
Goose, I am again also fighting with the carb monster.. I just need to leave the stuff alone.. I know I am up a couple pounds and I am only on week 2 of stabilization.. I actually went back on the green menu to see if I can turn myself around.. This is hard.. I am scared to go get my 3rd week menu and what am I going to tell the center? I am kind of freaking out about this.. I just got to get back on the wagon here and do it right.. This is not the time to fool around..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Goose, I am again also fighting with the carb monster.. I just need to leave the stuff alone.. I know I am up a couple pounds and I am only on week 2 of stabilization.. I actually went back on the green menu to see if I can turn myself around.. This is hard.. I am scared to go get my 3rd week menu and what am I going to tell the center? I am kind of freaking out about this.. I just got to get back on the wagon here and do it right.. This is not the time to fool around..

Ronnie
I've heard some people say that when they enter stabilization and add back some carbs they crave them even more..... At least in my experience, those of us that are carb sensitive crave them even after a little taste. Just be honest with your center; I'm SURE they have heard this before. Remember...you are paying them to help you reach your weight loss goal. Hang in there!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
I am kind of freaking out about this.. I just got to get back on the wagon here and do it right.. This is not the time to fool around..

Ronnie
Ronnie,

I am at the start of my journey and am still struggling with the feelings of being miserably fat. I'm invisible in most social circles, I'm exhausted, I fight for every pound of loss....maybe you should try to have a quiet moment and remember where you were when you first started program. Visualize yourself walking in, defeated, and hoping they could help. For me, I hope I never forget the pain of being overweight because I NEVER want to go back there, again! We gain it one bite at a time and lose it the same way - don't make yourself go through all that pain and struggle for nothing. You did an amazing job getting to your goal. I know from WW that stabilization and maintenance is the HARDEST part of the weight loss journey I let 45lbs of hard work slip away- don't let up now.
My very best thoughts and wishes to you,
Debi in FoCo, Co
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Ronnie,

I am at the start of my journey and am still struggling with the feelings of being miserably fat. I'm invisible in most social circles, I'm exhausted, I fight for every pound of loss....maybe you should try to have a quiet moment and remember where you were when you first started program. Visualize yourself walking in, defeated, and hoping they could help. For me, I hope I never forget the pain of being overweight because I NEVER want to go back there, again! We gain it one bite at a time and lose it the same way - don't make yourself go through all that pain and struggle for nothing. You did an amazing job getting to your goal. I know from WW that stabilization and maintenance is the HARDEST part of the weight loss journey I let 45lbs of hard work slip away- don't let up now.
My very best thoughts and wishes to you,
Debi in FoCo, Co
Thank you so much for you kind words and insight.. You are right, I do not want to let my hard work slip away.. I remember what it was like not being able to bend over to tie my shoes, or getting winded walking up a small hill and things like that.. Those were awful days for me.. I will do just what you said and really reflect on where I was when I started and where I am now.. I can turn it around.. Thank you so much, your words were just what I needed to hear.. I think you will do really well on this program.. My sister in law lives in FoCo.. I visited there once.. I thought it was a neat place to live. It kind of reminds me of Oregon a little..

Thanks again!

Ronnie
Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I've heard some people say that when they enter stabilization and add back some carbs they crave them even more..... At least in my experience, those of us that are carb sensitive crave them even after a little taste. Just be honest with your center; I'm SURE they have heard this before. Remember...you are paying them to help you reach your weight loss goal. Hang in there!
I will go into the center tomorrow and tell them what has been going on with me.. It is just not a good feeling to have to go tell them I am failing at this already.. But I will.. I am sure they can help me out.. So how are you doing? I hope things are going better for you..

Thanks for the help!
Cheers!
Ronnie
Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #51  

Quote:
I will go into the center tomorrow and tell them what has been going on with me.. It is just not a good feeling to have to go tell them I am failing at this already.. But I will.. I am sure they can help me out.. So how are you doing? I hope things are going better for you..

Thanks for the help!
Cheers!
Ronnie
Hey Ronnie,
Glad I could help - I mean it - you're amazing for reaching your goal and you WILL stay there! I think you have to stop thinking that you're "failing." That kind of guilt gets you nowhere...fast! There are going to be speed bumps and setbacks, but it's part of the journey to a healthy, forever lifestyle. We just aren't the people we used to be and can't eat that way. You're not failing - you're winning - just hang in there.
Hugs back at ya,
Debi in FoCo, Co
Old 05-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #52  

Quote:
Hey Ronnie,
Glad I could help - I mean it - you're amazing for reaching your goal and you WILL stay there! I think you have to stop thinking that you're "failing." That kind of guilt gets you nowhere...fast! There are going to be speed bumps and setbacks, but it's part of the journey to a healthy, forever lifestyle. We just aren't the people we used to be and can't eat that way. You're not failing - you're winning - just hang in there.
Hugs back at ya,
Debi in FoCo, Co
Thanks Deb.. I can and I will!

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #53  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Trouble with vegetables

Some nights I am just too lazy to bother with vegetables. I know MRC has a product that replaces them, but I really don't believe in spending so much money on something that is inexpensive by the pound if I would just get them out and cook them! I'm hoping when summer vacation starts in another week (I'm a teacher), I can get motivated to eat more of them. I LOVE tomatoes, and they are on the vine now, just not ripening fast enough for me. I wonder if tomatoes are acceptable with every meal???
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
Some nights I am just too lazy to bother with vegetables. I know MRC has a product that replaces them, but I really don't believe in spending so much money on something that is inexpensive by the pound if I would just get them out and cook them! broc:
I bought some of the steamer bags. It makes preparing my vegetables really easy. I love that I can pop them in the microwave and eat within minutes.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

I was about to mention steamer bags. I throw some brocolli in with some harlic, pop 'em in the microwave anf viola! Yummy veggies!
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #56  

I buy the huge bags of broccoli and green beans at Sams, just unzip them, take out a portion and quick steam them. Tummy and very cost friendly, and great when I didn't plan ahead (which by the way, usually gets me in big trouble).
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #57  

"tummy" friendly? yeah .... I meant yummy --- but I guess they could be tummy friendly too .... sheesh! They are the bags of frozen veggies.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
Some nights I am just too lazy to bother with vegetables. I know MRC has a product that replaces them, but I really don't believe in spending so much money on something that is inexpensive by the pound if I would just get them out and cook them! I'm hoping when summer vacation starts in another week (I'm a teacher), I can get motivated to eat more of them. I LOVE tomatoes, and they are on the vine now, just not ripening fast enough for me. I wonder if tomatoes are acceptable with every meal???
My counselor told me to keep things varied for the best success - I love tomatoes, too, and could eat pounds of them. What I do is get a big bag of fresh brussels sprouts, zucchini, asparagus, etc, spray them with Pam and roast a huge batch in a 425 oven until they are to my liking. Then, all I have to do is measure out 4 oz and microwave for a few days. If I haven't had my oil, I drizzle a teaspoon of some YUMMY lemon infused olive oil and some sea salt on them. Hello! Roasted veggies taste so much better than steamed or cooked, to me, that I don't mind the process.

Best,
Debi in FoCo, Co
Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #59  
Time to move!

Default Thanks!

Quote:
My counselor told me to keep things varied for the best success - I love tomatoes, too, and could eat pounds of them. What I do is get a big bag of fresh brussels sprouts, zucchini, asparagus, etc, spray them with Pam and roast a huge batch in a 425 oven until they are to my liking. Then, all I have to do is measure out 4 oz and microwave for a few days. If I haven't had my oil, I drizzle a teaspoon of some YUMMY lemon infused olive oil and some sea salt on them. Hello! Roasted veggies taste so much better than steamed or cooked, to me, that I don't mind the process.

Best,
Debi in FoCo, Co
I hadn't thought about roasting them, but I do LOVE them prepared that way. I will try your idea this coming weekend!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #60  
Time to move!

Default Duh?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened today. I had a vanilla meal replacement shake this morning, walked past all the chips and desserts at a staff cookout at noon and stayed OP, and then went out to dinner with hubby and consumed way more food than necessary. And yes, some of it wasn't good. I know I was very hungry by the time the food arrived at 6:30, in spite of drinking an HNS mid-afternoon. I've only had one other "controlled slip" since I started on April 12, and that was an occasion special enough to require new "after 5" dinner clothes. This thing tonight has me baffled. Nothing special. We have a standing dinner date at the same restaurant every Wednesday night and I haven't had any trouble until now. I AM tired. Maybe too much so? I wish I could figure this out so it doesn't happen again. Now I just feel stuffed. I don't want to start making a bunch of excuses. I'm afraid my will power is waning.