Old 04-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/SEE TRACKER/180

Height: 5'4

Default Question about MRC vs WW

Has anyone in here done WW and then switched to MRC. What made you make the change? What do you like better about MRC? What did you like better about WW? I have a consultation at MRC next week, but I have been doing WW for about 3 months now without losing much at all. I would love to know pros and cons from someone who has done both.

Thanks
leonafoxworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

I did ww years ago. I was alot thinner and it helped me lose about 25 lbs in like 4 months. That was wonderful at the time. I hated weighing in there it was like a bunch of cattle going to the scales. The meeting were impersonal and I didnt get much out of it. But it worked for a while. Also I would so cheat. I would use my points for ho ho's ding dongs and all other unhealthy stuff.
I joined MRC 42 days ago and I have already lost 23 pounds. I couldn't be happier with the fast results. The healthy food I am eating is awesome! I lost like 17 inches after only loosing 13lbs.

I can go on and on. But your on the right track go to the consult! You will love it!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonafoxworth View Post
Has anyone in here done WW and then switched to MRC. What made you make the change? What do you like better about MRC? What did you like better about WW? I have a consultation at MRC next week, but I have been doing WW for about 3 months now without losing much at all. I would love to know pros and cons from someone who has done both.

Thanks
I've been on WW a couple of times. I just couldn't get motivated to do it again. The last time I did WW I lost 25 lbs. in 3.5 months. Unfortunately I would use my "points" for fast food and I had a hard time sticking with the plan. Also, with WW I always felt like I was starving. I like MRC because it is very structured and I don't have to give a lot of thought to what I can and cannot eat. I've lost 50 lbs. so far in 5 months.
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #4  

I have done WW twice after 2 pregnancies and found the weight loss to be rather slow and I was quite often hungry. I think for me the high fiber foods w/o the protein did not satisfy me. So I started MRC 2.5 months ago and LOVE the results: made my goal weight in 6wks and lost 5 lbs more (155 -> 130). I have been much less hungry and notice that the weight/inches loss left my body more lean than w/ traditional weight loss. Sounds weird but you will see...
The cost involved w/ MRC is the hardest to "swallow".

Good luck w/ your consult!
ladybugs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #5  

I think many of us have done WW (multiple times). For me personally, the structure of MRC helped. I have real issues with food, and used my points for stuff that wasn't good, which triggered cravings, blood sugar swings, etc. Both programs work just fine if you follow them. I just find MRC easier to follow (once you get through the first few days) because there aren't a lot of choices to make. I know that eventually I'm going to have to make peace with the food, just haven't done it yet, but I'll never give up trying!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

what no one is saying is a big difference is #1) the cost..... the initial cost (different for everyone) and the cost for their high nutrient supplements, which you HAVE to take--3-5 a day. it adds up!! The initial cost can be anywhere from approx 200 to 400 ...it all depends

And MRC is a mild ketogenic diet (think atkins, but not QUITE that bad)! They tell you exactly what to eat, and when. Very minimal carbs...

didnt mean that in a mean way guys! Just cutting to the chase!

you WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT lose weight on the MRC plan! Good luck with whatever you chose

Last edited by mkroyer; 04-23-2010 at 06:05 AM.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5

The cost is the hardest part but you get what you pay for. You get one on one visits so you can ask questions and they are there to focus on you. I've lost weight faster and easier.

Keeping track of points was fun at first but then it was just so boring and I also used my points on foods that weren't good for me. With MRC I am actually being taught what foods are good for me so the structured foods works best for me. I've been doing MRC since mid Feb and have lost 32 pounds already and the most I lost during my 6 months in WW was 13.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

I haven't done WW but can GUARANTEE that you will lose weight if you follow the diet with MRC. I have been on the plan for 26 days...in those days I have had one big cheat meal one weekend and then 4 days of just generally making bad and easy choices (we were moving to a new house - so a lack of options made for a lot of fast food!). Even with those "off plan" days, I have lost 13 lbs in 26 days. That is approximately 3.25 lbs per week. The plan at MRC has left me feeling full and satisfied after meals and it is very easy to follow. GO FOR IT!!! Good luck!
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I personally like the structure of MRC. On WW I always found a way to use my points for "other" food. There was just too much flexibility for me. I like to have a set of rules/food to eat. The cost of MRC is a lot more initially plus the HNS's. I don't buy any of the other pills/supplements.. Just the HNS's. I know WW is much more economical. I initially was hesitant to join MRC because of the cost. I joined because I saw the results of the girls I work with..

I would loose only about a 1 lb a week on WW. Most of the time on MRC I loose about 2.5-3lbs a week. I've lost 49lbs since November. I never did that on WW. And I was on WW probably 5 times over the years.

I agree with the PPost about the cattle call weigh ins and the impersonal meeting. I like the one on one contact at MRC.

It really is a personal thing. WW works for so many people, as does MRC. You need to find out what works for you.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #10  

I would like to re address the amount of money MRC costs. Sure it was an expensive "down payment", and the supplements cost a lot. But this was the best investment in my weight loss life ever! We live on my husbands income alone. We have four kids, this program is still very doable and affordable because I choose to budget it in my life. I have said for so lone I cant join a gym, do a weightloss program, or eat better and organic because I thought I couldn't afford it. It is a choice! You can make cuts in other areas in your life to make this plan work if you want it bad enough! Processed foods are filled with empty calories that kept me reaching for more! So in essence we were constantly buying food. Also we would stock our house with food, not eat it due to eating out and we wasted a ton of our food and money. We are definitely saving all around. The best part for me is I have my life back and that is priceless. I was over 310 pounds and a constant couch potato after I got all my house work done. I did everything halfa$$. I put all my effort now into my life and the energy I have already is amazing! I wouldn't trade the MRC for WW again in a million years. I hope this ramble is helpful for why I choose the MRC, and I am telling ya the cost is nothing, compared to the rewards of feeling good about yourself.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #11  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang2877 View Post
I would like to re address the amount of money MRC costs. Sure it was an expensive "down payment", and the supplements cost a lot. But this was the best investment in my weight loss life ever! We live on my husbands income alone. We have four kids, this program is still very doable and affordable because I choose to budget it in my life. I have said for so lone I cant join a gym, do a weightloss program, or eat better and organic because I thought I couldn't afford it. It is a choice! You can make cuts in other areas in your life to make this plan work if you want it bad enough! Processed foods are filled with empty calories that kept me reaching for more! So in essence we were constantly buying food. Also we would stock our house with food, not eat it due to eating out and we wasted a ton of our food and money. We are definitely saving all around. The best part for me is I have my life back and that is priceless. I was over 310 pounds and a constant couch potato after I got all my house work done. I did everything halfa$$. I put all my effort now into my life and the energy I have already is amazing! I wouldn't trade the MRC for WW again in a million years. I hope this ramble is helpful for why I choose the MRC, and I am telling ya the cost is nothing, compared to the rewards of feeling good about yourself.
I'll raise my glass to that! (of course that would be my hns so don't get the wrong idea)!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #12  

Cheers back at ya!! I raise my wild-berry HNS in a wine glass! ha ha Awesome job on your weight loss journey! Have a great weekend!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

I am a lifetime member of WW. It is a great program and I lost the weight. However I never got healthy. I was chosing to eat bad foods instead of good ones. I would use up all my points on donuts and then starve myself in the evenings. My biggest issue with ww is that they don't have a maintenance program. Once you lose the weight you are on your own. You can still go to meetings with everyone who is still trying to lose but it just didn't motivate me to keep the weight off. I quit going to meetings because I was bored hearing the same things over and over.

I am now on week 5 of stabilization at MRC. I love the one on one consultations. It is great to focus on me a couple times a week and find out what "I" need to work on. It is also a great feeling that I have 52 wks of maintenance once I get through the stabilization. I think this is going to be key for me keeping the weight off. I am so much healthier and more active now than I have ever been. I have learned a lot about my eating habits and my food triggers.
WW is good but MRC is the Best in my book!! The cost of MRC has been worth it to me. I have found that it isn't that much more expensive than ww when you cut out all the junk food, fast food, starbucks & etc.
And it is sooo much cheaper than medications!!!
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/SEE TRACKER/180

Height: 5'4

I am not going to be concerned with the cost. I am thinking about the final result. I am 27 and will be 28 in just a few weeks. I should not be 286 pounds. WW really has not worked for me cause the points really do allow me to cheat and eat fast food and I am hungry a lot. As far as the money is concerned for my health and my future I need to invest into me. This may mean a few less vacations a year but in the long run I will still take more cause I will live longer. I know next week I may drop a few hundred dollars but it will be worth it if I am a hundred pounds lighter in a year or so. Money well spent is money that is ok to be spent.
leonafoxworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #15  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonafoxworth View Post
I am not going to be concerned with the cost. I am thinking about the final result. I am 27 and will be 28 in just a few weeks. I should not be 286 pounds. WW really has not worked for me cause the points really do allow me to cheat and eat fast food and I am hungry a lot. As far as the money is concerned for my health and my future I need to invest into me. This may mean a few less vacations a year but in the long run I will still take more cause I will live longer. I know next week I may drop a few hundred dollars but it will be worth it if I am a hundred pounds lighter in a year or so. Money well spent is money that is ok to be spent.
Hey Leona, Good for you. I think you are making such a wise decision. This plan has given me rewards in health, in confidence, more than words can even express! Go for it.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote