Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Best moves after a cheating weekend...

OMG I have been doing this diet for 2 weeks and had not cheated once! THEN...we decided to go out to dinner and eat what we want on Saturday. So, I totally did and had pasta and bread galore. Ok, no biggie. However, I found that on Sunday my massive candy cravings were back and way out of whack. I cheated AGAIN (slap my hand!!!) and ate some Reeces. Anyway, I need to just own it that I cheated and move on. But what is the best thing to do to flush all of that crap out of my body now that I am back on track? More water? Do nothing? Just get back on plan and forget about it?

Thanks for your support...I felt like I was cheating on someone eating that stuff!!

Last edited by shenderson; 04-12-2010 at 08:55 AM.
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Chug water, one on the hour and flush it out. If nothing else, it makes you mentally address the issue and get you focused again! Right now focus is everything!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Get right back on program.. and up your water.. It will take a couple of days to get over the sugar craving again... When I have a cheat day I just get back to basics..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies! That is what I am doing...back to a strict day and lots of water. I am going to explode from all this water!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Great job getting back on program! You can do this and look at your "cheat" as a pause and really celebrate yourself and the positive accomplishments you have made so far.
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #6  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang2877 View Post
Great job getting back on program! You can do this and look at your "cheat" as a pause and really celebrate yourself and the positive accomplishments you have made so far.
Thank you! You sound like such a positive person...we would get along wonderfully!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Your welcome! But I have recently found my "old" positive self. Somehow in all the pounds I lost myself. 22lbs down and I am unfolding myself again! I have a new sense of self worth. Being positive is the only way to get me thru this. Eating this way takes dedication, that I didn't think I had anymore! But this program has changed my life! I went from being pre diabetic, on a sleep apnea machine, on high blood pressure meds, thyroid meds, to start my journey at. I kept piling on the pounds like no ones business. But really I am a skinny person, I was just lonely. My hubby is a truck driver and is gone often leaving me to raise my four kids. The twins are now five and I can see the light of day! My oldest can babysit from time to time and I can actually get out! I was so trapped before. Sadly I didn't know what to so with my emotions. I would eat and think that food would give me comfort. Sadly I was mistaken. Ha ha It gave me a 130 lb new friend that I had to carry around. Holy Cow! When I finally woke up and realized I was that big, it scared me. So yeah I am sorry for the ramble I just got going there. But I once again want to say how important it is to know that you are valuable and that you are worth this journey. Its easy to continue what I was doing, but I was killing myself. Stay strong! How awesome that we are finally choosing to do this. I know I told myself alot that tomorrow was the day. And look you have already lost 10 lbs!!! Thats amazing. Keep up the great work! (sorry again about the ramble)
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5

I agree uping the water intake and also just realize that it was a day and get over it you haven't ruined anything. What I think and it may just be in my head but when I go off it seems like I'm hungry for a few days so it's hard not to go off again.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up. We've all cheated and can relate to how you feel.

When I've cheated, I just go right back on program and I don't do anything extra. Your body will get back to where it was before you cheated--seriously

And I'm telling you from experience because I've messed up 5 times since November, the most recent being last Tuesday. I don't do anything extra (but go right back on program) and my weight has always gone back to where it was before I cheated.

It's just one small bump in the road...

BTW, if you ate a lot of carbs, carbs hold a ton of water. So try not to go overboard with the water intake.
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I always like to think about eating off plan as a choice not a cheat...I choose to eat off plan I do not cheat...this for me is a more healthier way to look at my journey of weight loss...If I think I am "cheating" then I am being bad and in turn feel guilty which in turns stresses me out and then I want to eat more because I am an emotional eater...so I just tell myself to make better on plan choices the very next meal/day/week.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I always like to think about eating off plan as a choice not a cheat...I choose to eat off plan I do not cheat...this for me is a more healthier way to look at my journey of weight loss...If I think I am "cheating" then I am being bad and in turn feel guilty which in turns stresses me out and then I want to eat more because I am an emotional eater...so I just tell myself to make better on plan choices the very next meal/day/week.
Very healthy way of looking at things! I'm going to start doing the same.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 179/169.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Great comments! I have been OP for 20 days now and have not cheated at all because I am afraid of the very thing that happened to shenderson. Once I go back to a little sugar and white breads ect I know that is will start my circle of destruction again. I just ask myself is it worth all the work to get back to the non craving feeling I have now.
DDDrury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
That is a great way to think about it. We let ourselves feel guilty about eating something off plan. I know I need to start retraining my brain. This is a lifestyle not just a diet. I am an emotional eater, and when I think I've "cheated" it makes me think that the entire day is a waste and continue to go off plan. THANKS!! I'm going to start using this..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/120

Height: 4' 9 1/2"

All great words of advice, I needed that today!
Raeofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

the weekends are SO hard for me Yesterday we planned on going out to Red Lobster. I studied the menu, had exactly what I was going to order and then on the way there my DH decided he wanted mexican (it was his B'day dinner so I couldn't put up too much of a fight). we got there and the menu was bare, of what I could have, unless I had chicken salad AGAIN. I ordered chicken enchilada's I felt guilty the whole time. However I only ate 1 enchilada and maybe 2 bites of rice and beans... salsa wa sanother story <alas> ..my only posistive is that it didnt all taste that good (exception=salsa..lol) so I only ate a fraction of what I normally would have.

I do so great during the week..while I am at work or when I home alone .BUT then when the weekend dinner's hit..BAM..I feel a loss of control.

Back on track this AM (with the exception of a dab of honey - that for some reason I thought I could have - and just found on the forum I can't).

Ok, I just needed to 'write it out'.
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote