Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/243/155

Default preconditioning - how long?

Hello everyone. I am pulling out my old copies of the mrc program. I have decided to try again - hoping the 10th time is the charm - ha! I am doing it on my own due to financial reasons but I have the preconditioning menu, beige menu and the green menu - all that I need until stabilization and maintenance. Anyway, I was wondering how long you all think I should do preconditioning. When I went to the center I was on it for several days. I signed up on a Saturday and the food class was not until the next Friday so that was a while. I was thinking this time maybe not so long. How does 3 days sound to you? Just let me know what you think. I need all the help I can get. I am giving it my all this time. I am getting close to 40 years old and I want to be fabulous instead of fat and flabby. Thanks everyone!
happy2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

when I originally signed up I was only on it 2 days so 3 should be fine.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome! There are a lot of people on this forum doing the diet themselves. You should be able to find some threads as quite a few are pooling their resources. I was on preconditioning for 3 days. I think most centers have the food class one day a week and how many days you are on pre-conditioning seems to depend on when you sign up and when the food class happens to fall. Good Luck!
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #4  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Happy2BeMe,

Pre-conditioning time would depend on how many "bad habits" you have to decrease so Day 1 is not too much of a shock on your system. If you are drinking a lot of coffee or caffeine drinks, eating many sweets, breads, pasta, etc.

Good luck - this time, after getting the weight off, follow through with stabilization and maintenance so you can incorporate this into how you continue to eat. We can still have treats, but if we have them all the time, they will not be treats anymore.

We're here to help and support you. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I think I was only on pre conditioning for three days. Some people have skipped it all together.

Jeanette, thanks for your words of wisdom. I am just getting ready to start maintenance. I'm on my last week of stabilization and I needed to hear what you said. The process does not end with the weight loss portion. You are a wise and helpful woman.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Height: 5'6"

I did preconditioning for a week because of when they could schedule my food class for me. I lost a ton of weight on it and I didn't even have much junk that I was cutting out. I'd say that if you're body is losing weight well on it, maybe do it for a week... if you're not losing, go on to the other menus.
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/214/135

Height: 5' 5"

At my appointment on Wednesday they said I had to have a minimum of 3 days for pre-conditioning before I could attend Food Instruction. Since they have the class on Friday I would have had to wait until next Friday since I couldn't get 3 days in before the class. I have not joined yet as I am a little hesitant about the veggies....just not sure I can do it. So at the center here, to answer your question, they mandate a minimum of 3 days.
kwilde6434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/190/150

I signed up on a Monday and had my food class on Friday... so 4 days for me. I think 3 will be just fine
Phatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 293/293/163

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2beme View Post
Hello everyone. I am pulling out my old copies of the mrc program. I have decided to try again - hoping the 10th time is the charm - ha! I am doing it on my own due to financial reasons but I have the preconditioning menu, beige menu and the green menu - all that I need until stabilization and maintenance. Anyway, I was wondering how long you all think I should do preconditioning. When I went to the center I was on it for several days. I signed up on a Saturday and the food class was not until the next Friday so that was a while. I was thinking this time maybe not so long. How does 3 days sound to you? Just let me know what you think. I need all the help I can get. I am giving it my all this time. I am getting close to 40 years old and I want to be fabulous instead of fat and flabby. Thanks everyone!
Hi,

Would you please be willing to share your old copies with me. I used to be on the green menu but need the beige menu now because I'm over 200 lbs. I'll take whatever you are willing to share. My address is cajunwonders at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

Leketra
gonnabthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5'7"

Does anyone have a copy of the green menu they would share? I, too, need to get back on, but have lost my job so need to do this on my own. My email address is marion dot pratt at comcast dot net. Thank you!
marionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #11  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionap View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the green menu they would share? I, too, need to get back on, but have lost my job so need to do this on my own. My email address is marion dot pratt at comcast dot net. Thank you!
Sent to you this morning! All the best!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #12  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

Default preconditioning menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Sent to you this morning! All the best!
Hi... do you happen to have the preconditioning menu.. i can not find mine and i am stressing.. my email is [email protected]
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #13  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I only did preconditioning for about 3 days, but I don't drink caffeine (coffee, soda, or etc.) or alcohol, really, so I didn't have many bad habits to break--just cut back on my carbs extensively.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

I was told at the center where I signed up they require a minimum of 3 days but would prefer a week. I think everyone's advice is right on. Depending on what habits you need to break should tell you how long to do preconditioning. Good luck!
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #15  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette13 View Post
Hi... do you happen to have the preconditioning menu.. i can not find mine and i am stressing.. my email is [email protected]

I would be happy to share, but my understanding is that my preconditioning menu is not the most current. Perhaps someone else might post the more current version of it. However, in the meantime, I will send you what I have from August 2009. See pg 3.
Best, Joy2MeNMRC.pdf
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote