Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Well Fifties Lady, I guess we can be bald and skinny! LOL.. So far no one seems to be able to tell my hair is thinning. I guess I am the only one.. If I start to get a bald spot, I am going to open a vein.. hehee.. not really.. Hope you had a good new years..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Well Fifties Lady, I guess we can be bald and skinny! LOL.. So far no one seems to be able to tell my hair is thinning. I guess I am the only one.. If I start to get a bald spot, I am going to open a vein.. hehee.. not really.. Hope you had a good new years..

Ronnie

I like the skinny part, but not bald. I have never had hair loss before, so it is scaring me big time. When I see all the hairs in my brush and in the shower, I just want to cry. You would think with all the healthy eating and the protein, this wouldn't be happening. Have you priced weaves yet???

Yes, the new years was nice except for all the Holiday eating....I confessed on the other thread about going off plan over the Holidays. Now that I confessed, I feel cleansed and ready to get back on plan.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 283/199/157

Height: 5'7

I too have lost hair on program. I started about 8 months ago and started losing hair (which was already very thin) about two months into the diet. I just started Relacore about two weeks ago, so I am distressed that it may cause even greater hair loss! I have about 43 pounds left to lose, so I wanted to help that along with the Relacore. I do love being thinner, but hate the thin hair. Thanks for the information.
Marianne
champagneblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #19  

Now I need to stop with the holiday treats. For some unknown reason my husband decided to make sugar cookies and pfefferneuse.. Of course I have been having some.. I don't know what I am going to say when I weigh in next week.. I feel kind of defeated. I know I am not,but for some reason it is hard to get back on track. Plus I went to the beach today and ate stuff I shouldn't have.. Hopefully my lack of hair will show as a loss on the scale..

Ronnie
Old 01-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Now I need to stop with the holiday treats. For some unknown reason my husband decided to make sugar cookies and pfefferneuse.. Of course I have been having some.. I don't know what I am going to say when I weigh in next week.. I feel kind of defeated. I know I am not,but for some reason it is hard to get back on track. Plus I went to the beach today and ate stuff I shouldn't have.. Hopefully my lack of hair will show as a loss on the scale..

Ronnie
Oh Ronnie...that was way too funny. Do ya suppose hair weighs that much. Oh well, I hear "bald" is beautful, so we are really going to be sexy when we hit goal.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 184/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagneblond View Post
I too have lost hair on program. I started about 8 months ago and started losing hair (which was already very thin) about two months into the diet. I just started Relacore about two weeks ago, so I am distressed that it may cause even greater hair loss! I have about 43 pounds left to lose, so I wanted to help that along with the Relacore. I do love being thinner, but hate the thin hair. Thanks for the information.
Marianne
I understand your concern. I still have 30 more lbs to go myself. I'm suppose to have reached my goal by Jan 8th but I as you know I won't be at my goal weight by then. My weight loss on this program had slowed down tremendously. I'm afraid to re-join this program because of the hairloss. I too like being thin but I don't know what I'm going to do because my hair is falling out. They say a womans hair is her glory or her pride and joy and I now believe it. I feel so self conscience now. This is crazy how my brain is saying do I want to be thin and bald or get thinner at a much slower pace.I wish I wasn't in this situation. I think staying on this program alone is causing hairloss as well as Relacore. It's been a month now since I stopped taking Relacore and my hair is still falling out. I wish you the best champagneblond.
bjwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwizzy View Post
I understand your concern. I still have 30 more lbs to go myself. I'm suppose to have reached my goal by Jan 8th but I as you know I won't be at my goal weight by then. My weight loss on this program had slowed down tremendously. I'm afraid to re-join this program because of the hairloss. I too like being thin but I don't know what I'm going to do because my hair is falling out. They say a womans hair is her glory or her pride and joy and I now believe it. I feel so self conscience now. This is crazy how my brain is saying do I want to be thin and bald or get thinner at a much slower pace.I wish I wasn't in this situation. I think staying on this program alone is causing hairloss as well as Relacore. It's been a month now since I stopped taking Relacore and my hair is still falling out. I wish you the best champagneblond.
You are correct, my doctor said anytime you change your eating pattern drastic, it will cause some individuals to have a big hair loss. Some it does not affect that way.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #23  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Seing all the hair loss has been horrible. Years ago I lost a lot of weight and lost hair on that diet as well. I can say that it has drastically slowed down in the last couple of months. I don't have a hairy monster in the shower drain anymore after I wash my hair or in my brush. Now if it will just hurry up and grow back!
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 184/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Seing all the hair loss has been horrible. Years ago I lost a lot of weight and lost hair on that diet as well. I can say that it has drastically slowed down in the last couple of months. I don't have a hairy monster in the shower drain anymore after I wash my hair or in my brush. Now if it will just hurry up and grow back!
Thanks for the info Teresa. How long did it take before you saw it really starting to slow down? It's been almost a month now and my hair is still falling out.
bjwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #25  

This is really bothering me too. I don't take Relacore or any of the pills MRC puts out. And I am having hairloss to no end. I can sure tell because I use to have very thick hair and now it is so very thin when I brush it. It must be the diet, but it is healthy, so why would getting alot of protein do this to your hair? I'm not liking this at all. Has anyone spoke to their Centers about this? So to have healthy, thick hair, you have to be fat????? I'm not liking this at all.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #26  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwizzy View Post
Thanks for the info Teresa. How long did it take before you saw it really starting to slow down? It's been almost a month now and my hair is still falling out.
I think it was around 4 months into the program that my hair really started falling out. My hair is a little longer that FL's and I could run my hand through my hair and end up with a handful without even trying. I was taking MSM and when I asked the girls at the center, they said to make sure I was taking the maximum amount of that and the oils, which I was. Of course I'm only going by memory, so I think it was probably close to 3 months before there was a noticeable difference in the amount I lost. I've noticed recently that there are a lot of short little hairs, so I've got my fingers crossed that the excessive loss has stopped and my hair is returning to what I had.

FL - I guess IF we have to be bald to be skinny, maybe we could change our haircolor and style more often with wigs? We could be someone different with a quick switcheroo! Just think of all those long locks that would go with the leapord print lingerie. I'd rather have my own hair that grows like it always has.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #27  

I had no idea there were so many of us having hair loss. It must be the diet. It is a healthy diet and I think sometimes our bodies go into shock with a drastic calorie deficit and that is why the hair loss. I am not sure yet if the Nioxin shampoo and conditioner are helping or not. I guess it makes the dead hair come out and then the hair is able to grow back. I guess time will tell, but I can tell you, I am not finding this fun

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #28  

Oh Ladies...I am so glad this thread is here....I was ready to go to the Dr., thinking it was my thyroid pill that was doing it after 2 years. I wish Lori, Noahsmomma, Karen or some of the others who have been on it awhile would post...I'm curious to see what they have to share. Come out girls where ever you are. Lori, stop prancing around in the Leopard outfit and chat with us....we miss you so much.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I have noticed a lot of hair in the shower and brush too. I am glad that you all posted this info, however your sense of humor made me giggle a couple of times. I, too, have naturally curly hair...I wonder if that has anything to do with it?? I use Nioxin and if you decide to buy it...do NOT buy it at a salon shop. Walmart carries it in their salon and it's the cheapest I have found. Also, what information does anyone have on Biotin, that somebody else mentioned?? Is it a MRC product and/or where do you get it from?? Bald or thin...I hope we don't have to make that choice!!!!!!
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #30  

I'm still worried about this gals. I don't mean this to sound cruel at all, but as we start to lose weight and start to be bald, people are going to think we have cancer or something???? I use to think my hair is all I have going for me....I don't want to lose it. What can we do???? Thanks for the tip about buying Nioxin at Wal-Mart....I will be buying a few bottles of that for sure. Does someone know if it comes back once your body has adjusted to your new diet? Here we are finally getting healthy, and our hair is gone!!!! Can't we ever be sexy????