Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Eating out on the green menu

I'm going out to eat tonight at Panera Bread Company and am trying to figure out what I'm going to order. It occurred to me this might be a helpful idea for a thread---not only for this restaurant but for a variety of restaurants as we're traveling and eating out perhaps a bit more this month.

So....for tonight....anyone gone to Panera lately and ordered dinner and have a good suggestion for me.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

My center has an eating out handout that lists most of the restaurants in the area and suggestions for OP things to eat. For Panera Bread they suggest: grilled chicken cesar salad (no croutons or dressing),

classic cafe salad (no onions or dressing),

a sandwhich on low carb bread and take one slice of bread off (Golden Original, Italian Herb, and Rosemary Walnut are the low-carb choices) and the OP selections of sandwhiches would be the turkey fresco (no onions or cucumber sauce), the sierra turkey (no onions or mayo), and the tuscan chicken (no onions, mayo or vinaigrette).
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
My center has an eating out handout that lists most of the restaurants in the area and suggestions for OP things to eat. For Panera Bread they suggest: grilled chicken cesar salad (no croutons or dressing),

classic cafe salad (no onions or dressing),

a sandwhich on low carb bread and take one slice of bread off (Golden Original, Italian Herb, and Rosemary Walnut are the low-carb choices) and the OP selections of sandwhiches would be the turkey fresco (no onions or cucumber sauce), the sierra turkey (no onions or mayo), and the tuscan chicken (no onions, mayo or vinaigrette).
Thanks so much! I'll add ones in new post that I have from my center.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  

Applebees: Grilled chicken caesar salad: no dressing, croutons or cheese. Add tomatoes and cucumbers if you desire.
Garlic Herb Salmon: no garlic herb butter and choose seasonal veggies as a side.
Grilled Sirloin: ask for your sirloin to be dry grilled (no butter), with a side of steamed veggies.

Olive Garden
Venetian Apricot Chicken--no sauce, with steamed broccoli no butter (no breadsticks).
Olive Garden's salad is great--omit onions, olives, croutons and salad dressing. Add grilled chicken or salmon on the side for a great meal.

Outback Steakhouse
Joey's Special: the sirloin from the kids' menu is perfect. Order with a side of steamed eggies and bring your melba toast.
Royal Pork Tilapia: served with seasonal veggies. Request your entree with no creole sauce, cooked without butter or oil.

Red Lobster
Grilled Fish of the Day: served with steamed veggies. They also have a Lighthouse menu full of grilled seafood items with veggies.

Grilled Chicken Salad
Add extra tomatoes. Leave off anything not on program. At dinner add black beans.

Indian Food/I]
eg. Tandori Chicken, fish, shrimp or lamb, ask for steamed veggies instead of rice.

Burger King
Grilled Chicken Garden Salad--no carrots. This is a great salad. The chicken is hot and the salad is plentiful. Bring your dressing. Ask for 2 orders of apple "fries" at lunch for your fruit serving.

Capt. D's
Grilled Tillapia, salmon or skewered shrimp. This meal comes with 2 sides. Pick broccoli or double side salad.. No rice or breadsticks.

Subway
Oven Roasted Chicken or Turkey Salad. Add any program veggies you like and sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Top with a splash of oil and vinegar (as much as you like) or bring your own dressing. Ask for side of sliced apples at lunch.

Chick Fil-A
Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad; Remove the carrots. Don't use any condomints offered. At lunch order a medium fruit cup and don't eat the grapes. Half packet of light italian dressing may be used--of course best to bring your own salad dressing.