3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Anyone else frustrated that it feels like going so SLOW..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/186735-anyone-else-frustrated-feels-like-going-so-slow.html)

porchmom84 11-19-2009 05:56 PM

Anyone else frustrated that it feels like going so SLOW.....

I'm down 14 pounds in 7 weeks...2 pounds/week average I know but this last week it was 1 pound....and I've had plateau weeks...... I'm not exercising as much as I should but otherwise I've been totally on program. Has been a stressful period (as I'm sure I'm not alone in that but I've been so proud that in spite of the other stresses in my life. I just bought the Enhancer today that you take 2 times a day....hated to fork out another $100 but wanted a boost.....anyone else relate?

MrsBenson 11-19-2009 06:58 PM

I understand

I am a newbie - just started 11/1 and I am down 10 pounds. This week I only last 1/2 ound at each WI. I know I need to be exercising more, so that is my plan for the next week. I know if we hang in there, it will start to happen again. I haven't tried the Enhancer, I use the All Day Formula and it seems to help with hunger issues and energy level. Congrats on the success you've had so far!

NotaFatBride 11-19-2009 10:41 PM

Porchmom I know how you feel. I've been losing 2-3 lbs a week and I'm getting a little frustrated too. I asked my center if I was losing at the right rate to reach my wedding dress goal and they didn't seem concerned. The lady noticed that I eat a lot of cheese (snacks and with almost every meal) she said to lay off the cheese and try a different protein. She also said to stop mixing my proteins at dinner. I weigh in on Saturday so hopefully it works. Let me know how the enhancer works for you. I haven't had the cash for the expensive pills and hoped that I wouldn't have to resort to them.

gish24 11-20-2009 09:37 AM

I totally know what you mean! I have been at about 1-2lbs/week. It is very frustrating but I have to keep reminding myself that I am still losing...we are going in the right direction. I am hoping to lose at least another 5lbs by December 11th (Jamaica)...seems like such a small goal but at the rate I have been losing I guess it is a heafty goal :)

3ducksmom 11-20-2009 10:03 AM

I understand where you're coming from as well. I'm down to 2.3 lbs avg/week. It's been frustrating at times. I keep hitting a plateau, think I'm through it and hit another one. I have 1 amazing woman at my center who has all these tricks that have worked for her with other clients. The last plateau, she told me to quit using so much water in my HNS. She told me to try sucking them down straight if I could. She admited she had no idea why, but several people tried it and it worked. I did too and I broke my plateau. This last one, she noticed I'd started on the Phenetrim, my losses slowed after 1 1/2 mos. so I moved to the ADWL and again, about that long, my losses slowed. She said my body may be getting too used to them, so she switched me to the enhancer. I broke that plateau and am down 4 lbs since I started it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Not bad for me.

Also, another thing I keep telling myself... I did WW before this and their avg. was 2 lbs/week. I was a .5 to 1 lb/wk loser on that plan. At least I'm losing better than I did there. not to mention, I'm losing ALOT more than I was when the scale kept heading north. Frustrating as it may be that we may feel in the turtle group rather than the hare, we'll get there just the same. Keep up the good work and try tweaking things sometimes. You never know what odd little twist will give you a bump!

Thighs Be Gone 11-20-2009 10:07 AM

porchmom, wow girl you are rocking it--your rate doesn't seem slow to me at all! quite good actually--do something to keep yourself motivated--if you have lost a size maybe a new pair of pants--or some new lipstick or something--really, great work..keep it up!

cherry7211 11-20-2009 10:21 AM

yes it feels like im never getting where im going!

leigh34 11-20-2009 08:41 PM

I too struggle with frustrations of slow losing...but have to keep reminding myself -it took me many years to put this weight on and it will take a while to come off. I also think I am losing it faster than I was without MRC so put in perspective I have to pat myself on the back and say keep on going! We can do this - just keep your mind on the end goals!

UknowMe 11-21-2009 06:52 AM

It is very hard to stay motivated when things are moving so slow, then one or two slips off plan and the scales move up 2lbs

desilu0 11-21-2009 10:56 AM

My average weekly weight loss keeps inching down everytime I weigh in with less than 3lbs weight loss. Which, btw I haven't had since the first two weeks I was OP. Same here with the 1/2 lb twice a week. It's discouraging, and unfortunately it's not making me want to stay completeley OP. I keep thinking "Oh, I can slip a little today, I'll still have a weight loss for the week." I'm doing the Meta Quick this week which has left me starving and I don't think I've lost any significant amount of weight apart from what I've usually been losing. Hmmph.

Goose 11-21-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desilu0 (Post 3020608)
My average weekly weight loss keeps inching down everytime I weigh in with less than 3lbs weight loss. Which, btw I haven't had since the first two weeks I was OP. Same here with the 1/2 lb twice a week. It's discouraging, and unfortunately it's not making me want to stay completeley OP. I keep thinking "Oh, I can slip a little today, I'll still have a weight loss for the week." I'm doing the Meta Quick this week which has left me starving and I don't think I've lost any significant amount of weight apart from what I've usually been losing. Hmmph.

Same here. I stayed OP all week, exercised 3 times and weighed in today expecting at least 2.5 lbs. I was only down 1.5. My consultant said "come on on Wednesday and show a 2.5 loss so you can sign the 40 lb board". I feel so defeated. I can only seem to lose 1.5 or 1 a week anymore...how on earth does she think I can lose 2.5 in 5 days???? ugh. I am so ready to be DONE with this diet.

Roadqueen 11-21-2009 01:59 PM

I can so agree with all of you. I started out great, but have slowed to 1-1/2 lb loss each week. I'm halfway thru the 17 weeks and at this rate there is no way I will meet the goal.
One thing that I'm trying this week is to get back to basics...like when I first started. I'm going to quit using the cookbook, and just keep it simple. Plan to follow the menu EXACTLY. Watch when I eat the cheese and I'll try not diluting the HNS. Another suggestion that I read on one of the threads was to change around what you are eating...If you are repeating the same meals all the time your body adjusts and sometimes giving it different foods will start the loosing process again.
This diet is so specific...Seems that even alittle alteration from the menu can throw one out of fat burning.
Please let this week be better for all of us...

teachingmom 11-21-2009 10:33 PM

I TOTALLY understand. I have been losing only .5-1.5 a week with only one big (6lb) loss at the beginning. I have upped my water and all that they have said. I do have to remind myself that I am losing more than what I would be, but it is still frustrating. One thing that helps is when they measure me. I am losing inches, but not much weight. Guess I shouldn't be so focused on that number on the scale!

NotaFatBride 11-22-2009 01:38 AM

3ducksmom- I'm a former WWer too. Thinking back to my progress on that plan, you're right, I lost .5-1lb a week. That really helped me put it into perspective. I would love to be a 5lb loser every week but that might not be right for my body so I'll take a slow and steady 2-3 lbs.

Interesting fact - you never lose fat cells they only shrink. (I didn't know that) The lady at my center said that as the fat cells shrink they can take on water as a defense mechanism to weight loss.

Check out this link it's an interesting article. It's a fairly new post so I apologize for the repeat if you all have seen it.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...laination.html

porchmom84 11-22-2009 07:36 PM

I read all your great posts today and felt encouraged. I hope you all are encouraged too that you're not alone....and that we're okay....we're going to get there. I upped my exercise this week so want to see if that helps. Was interested in the post about drinking the HNS straight and that sounds hard to do....but I haven't ruled it out yet. I have heard that losing weight slowly is a healthier way to do it....I just thought this would go quicker...but time to keep walking forward. Let's keep going together!