Old 01-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1  

Default What would you do?

I have been on MRC diet for 9 weeks and have stuck right to the menu and have lost 14 pounds. I was doing really well until Christmas. But now, I've gotten way off the plan the last week :-( and feel awful! I don't know where to begin. Do you think I should just pick up right where I was on the Green Menu? I was thinking it might be easier for me to start with the Yellow Menu days 1-4 and then Blue 5-10, and then back on the Green. Any suggestions would be so appreciated! Thank you!
krishug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

If it's only been a week, I would get right back to green. You probably need to talk to your center, though. Just remember, getting back ON the wagon, is a lot harder. Drink lots of water and be prepared for the carb/sweet cravings. They'll hit hard and you just have to grit your teeth, just like you did in the beginning. Remember, take it 1 meal and 1 good choice at a time. Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  

Thank you for your answer to my question about which menu to get back on since I've gotten off plan so much lately. And today I started well with breakfast, but not so good for lunch. When I look back it has been more than 10 days of not being on the green menu. In your opinion what length of time would you think for me to just start over with the yellow and blue menu? It just seems like it is spelled out exactly what to eat, and since I'm not making good choices maybe that is what I need to get me going again. I'll call the center tomorrow morning, but I thought I would just ask your opinion because I have read your posts and you are so positive and you are doing so well!

Thank you!
krishug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I didn't spend much time on the other menus - pretty much on green the entire time. Yes, the first week back will be really difficult. But, the more you make good choices, the stronger that good choices "muscle" will get. Think of it like doing a push-up. It's hardly possible (to say "no" to goodies) at first, but with lots of practice, it gets easier and is soon a no-brainer. When I first started out, I couldn't say "no" to goodies and I couldn't do a push-up. Now, I do both easily!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote