Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

I used to get up at 5 every morning to work out but with the timing of this diet I just can't...or I would be eating dinner at 4 or 5 every day! How do you guys do it? I would much rather work out in the morning than trying to fit it in at night.
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #47  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

here's what i do:

wake up at 5, get dressed, drink some water, and go run.
get home at 6:30ish, have an HNS, shower, and get ready for work.
eat breakfast around 7:30
have an HNS around 10
eat lunch at 12:30 or 1
have an HNS in the afternoon
have dinner around 6:30 or 7.

i know i'm probably pushing the time limits a little and i know i'm staggering my meals and HNSes rather than having them at the same time, but it really does keep me from zonking out or falling over in the middle of the day, you know? just my two cents.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

So far so good today. I'm back at my pre-splurge weight as of this morning.

Planning a turkey burger and broccoli for lunch--which is around 5:30pm today. I'll probably have the same for my late supper.

Going out dog tripping now while the weather is so beautiful and no kids are home. On days like this I'm so glad I work night shift so I can be outside.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I am here. I went to the center and discussed my frustration with one of the counselors. We came up with a game plan, now I just have to stick with it! I did better at work until the chocolate came in. Left over candy from last weekend. I had 4 small pieces of the bite size candy (not fun size). TOM started yesterday as well so I was crampy, whiny and bloated. Not fun! So after the candy, I drank a glass of hns, ate my cherry tomatos and avoided the breakroom like the plague. I even used the visitor bathroom so I wouldn't have to walk by the table with the goodies!
I am headed to bed, then off to pick up oldest and friend. After that, to get car worked on and walk the mall!
Still no change in my weight. I am going on 5 weeks losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. However, I am hopeful that after the water weight goes down from TOM, I will have broken through and have a good lose!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #50  

Lori,

I'm beginning to think night shift and lack of sleep is not kind to our metabolism. The graveyard shift may be catching up to us.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in Saturday and was down 1.5 lbs. Finally got to sign the 35 lb. board. I get almost giddy when I realize how far I've come and how I only have 13.5 left to reach my goal. woohoo!!!!
Has anyone wondered if when they reach their goal, if they will be satisfied? That thought keeps creeping into my mind at times. Will I feel good enough about myself to quit the "diet" and enter stabilization??
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I weighed in Saturday and was down 1.5 lbs. Finally got to sign the 35 lb. board. I get almost giddy when I realize how far I've come and how I only have 13.5 left to reach my goal. woohoo!!!!
Has anyone wondered if when they reach their goal, if they will be satisfied? That thought keeps creeping into my mind at times. Will I feel good enough about myself to quit the "diet" and enter stabilization??
Great job Goose! I think about how I would feel getting to goal and although I worry about maintaining that weight once I get there (and how to live a normal life eating healthy and tasty foods) I can't help but think I would feel better than I did at my higher weight. I don't want to be back at that place again. My thought is entering stabilization would be a nice problem to have! Keep up the good work!
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Great job Goose! I think about how I would feel getting to goal and although I worry about maintaining that weight once I get there (and how to live a normal life eating healthy and tasty foods) I can't help but think I would feel better than I did at my higher weight. I don't want to be back at that place again. My thought is entering stabilization would be a nice problem to have! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Keiko! You are right...I should focus on how great it will feel to be at a "normal" weight for once in many years. It kind of freaks me out that I won't feel thin enough. My goal was for a healthy weight but I keep wondering if I'll still feel fat. I should probably just quit thinking!!!

Last edited by Goose; 11-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #54  

Perfect! 15 lbs is my November goal. I'm down to participate
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #55  

Goose,

I used to wonder if getting to 150 would be good enough. Now I just wonder if I'll ever get there.

Personally, the part of me that always saw the skinny chick when the pounds were piling on is probably the same part that will see the fat chick now that I've lost a lot of weight.

Stabilization seems further off to me than when I lost my first 20 lbs.

It's interesting because when I quit WW in October many years ago I didn't gain weight until December. That training was really hard-wired into my brain. I'm thinking we may have a few splurges but overall stick to our basic menus.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Goose,

I used to wonder if getting to 150 would be good enough. Now I just wonder if I'll ever get there.

Personally, the part of me that always saw the skinny chick when the pounds were piling on is probably the same part that will see the fat chick now that I've lost a lot of weight.

Stabilization seems further off to me than when I lost my first 20 lbs.

It's interesting because when I quit WW in October many years ago I didn't gain weight until December. That training was really hard-wired into my brain. I'm thinking we may have a few splurges but overall stick to our basic menus.
Edie,
I had a breakdown a couple of weeks ago at a weigh in, partially due to exhaustion with the diet and being so close but NOT QUITE there yet. So I know what you mean about stabilization feeling farther away than the first big 20. I see myself in mirrors and store windows and often don't recognize myself. All the negative self-talk that took place in my mind over the years of being overweight is certainly a difficult habit to break. I guess I still feel fat and I probably will when I reach goal. Perhaps after spending all this time improving my health and body, I'll need to focus on retraining my mind. It's a long journey...
Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #57  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

So just wanting to say that I planned an off plan meal on Saturday, but with a lot of running around I didn't get all my water in either, so the scale jumped up a tiny bit. I have been craving chili so bad, and although the other two at home like it as well, haven't made it because I knew it would be too hard to stay away from. With the snow on Saturday and being out in the cold during the day, I decided I was making it. I had a small bowl and throuroughly enjoyed it. It's kind of funny in a way though because I feel I now have a new resolve to make sure to stick 100% to the plan. I'm at more ease with the holiday next week. I just hope that feeling of resolve carries through until after Thanksgiving. Temptations were not hard to deal with yesterday for the first time in a long time. Weekends have been hard for me lately. Seems like a struggle to stay op. Anyway, I've lost 3 of the 15 I committed to here.

I am determined to get to my goal before my birthday on the 29th of December to start the next decade of my life not being overweight!

I did have a BIG NSV last week. I went to the dr. and when I got on the scale the girl slid the weight over to 100 and I told her she was dreaming. She looked at me, then looked at the scale. Moved it over and said well you certainly don't look like you weight that much. That put a big smile on my face for the day.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/165

Height: 5'7

So I weighed in Friday and i was down 2lbs for a total of 16 in 4 weeks. But this weekend was not good. I had some alcoholic beverages and half a cookie, and I went to shoguns where they cook the japanese food in front of you, and I had a ton of rice and all kinds of sauces. I know the scales are gonna be up tommorrow and I just feel kind of fat right now. Well tomorrows a new day and I will be 100% OP
Pcherr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:08 AM   #59  

Okay, I lost another pound or so this week. So yesterday I ate THREE replacement bars at once and then ate a small cheese pizza and three breadsticks with marinara sauce.

So after doing well for a week, I'm going to have to start over and not begin to lose weight for three days instead of maybe dropping a pound tomorrow or the next day.

I just HAVE to get it through my head that I only have fifteen pounds to lose and THEN I can vary my diet a little.

So from now on, no more slacking. Thanksgiving is going to be strictly OP and no more excuses.

Time to get to goal once and for all.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #60  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. Went to WI this morning and down 3 lbs in 6 days. These last two weeks the scale has moved a little faster so it is helping with the motivation to stay OP for Thanksgiving. My center is having a promo for the week. If you come in M, T, or W, you get an envelope with something in it, then if you go back on Fri or Sat and have a loss, your name goes in to a drawing for $50. Cheers to everyone and lets all have a great OP weekend.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote