Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

nabeelmalik

you may also need to up your efa's. you said you only take 2 a day and my center says to take 6 a day.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
nabeelmalik

you may also need to up your efa's. you said you only take 2 a day and my center says to take 6 a day.
My center just told me the same thing. I will start doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Speaking of yogurt, there is actually one particular kind that my center approved for me as protein. There is a brand of Greek yogurt called Oikos, it comes in single containers with a separate fruit or honey section, and in four packs that are smaller with either fruit or honey on the bottom. My center said that the smaller four pack with honey on the bottom is acceptable. Greek yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt and it has a higher protein content, and the one with honey doesn't have a lot of bad carbs, but it does have all the probiotics of other yogurt. Since it's small it's easy for me to take to work. I should also mention that I'm on MetaSlim 3, so once I get to the color menus this might change (I gather that the color menus start to reduce the servings of protein a bit.) I can find the four packs that are smaller in the Walmart dairy area, and sometimes in Publix. I hope this helps!
Hi, i am on Metaslim 3 as well! thanks for the tip.

I asked my center about the Youghurt today, they told me to indeed up my EFA's to 6, and Youghurt is not bad PER SE, but it will slow you down, since the sugar in the fiber one stuff is baddd, altho when i said: hey its less carbs and sugar then in bread or melba toast, she said i was right and it probably couldnt hurt.
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I'm not sure if you're drinking enough water. Also make sure you get a little exercise in every day even if it's just a walk. Keeping your body moving helps your colon's motility also.

I second the Miralax. It's very safe.

I'm not sure why you don't want to take a suppository. A simple glycerin suppository will not cause intestinal irritation.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I was so thankful to read these posts. I've been having the same 'NO GO" issues. I've been taking 4 IC every night and started taking the Konsyl powder that's on the program sheet for constipation. The other thing that My center suggested was to up the EC EFA to 3 with each meal, and of course the water.
This has helped some. The konsyl powder seems to work better than the fiber pills, even they are both psyllium.
I will surly try the miralax. I want to stay OP, but I feel not "going" regularly is affecting the loss at the scale.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #20  

I too suffer from constipation on the MRC diet so here's my fool-proof remedy that works for me like a charm. I don't drink alot of water although I do admit things would probably be even better if I did but I begin my day out with a 8 oz glass of water to which I have mixed in one packet of MRC fiber and 1 scoopful of another OTC powdered herbal fiber mixture. I take 2 internal cleanser tabs and one gugul with breakfast and the same after lunch. The key to my success is timing. I take the MRC fiber and other powdered herbal fiber at the exact same time each morning without fail and I take the internal cleanser/gugul at the same time too. You might give it a try.
reetabeeta is offline   Reply With Quote