Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/202/142

Height: 5.4

Default New to MRC

I am new to MRC, just joined Sat. Started my pre-condictioning yesterday (mon). Not sure if I'm doing it right or not. How strict is this phase suppossed to be? It looks like I will have to do this for 2 weeks. I'm going on vacation and can not attend this weeks FIC. Will have to go on the 23rd. They tld me at the center to continue on the PC until then. I'm worried about my vacation, b/c I know I'm gonna have cocktails is that gonna mess me up real bad? Do you lose on PC?

Last edited by amixson; 10-13-2009 at 11:33 AM.
amixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #2  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amixson View Post
I am new to MRC, just joined Sat. Started my pre-condictioning yesterday (mon). Not sure if I'm doing it right or not. How strict is this phase suppossed to be? It looks like I will have to do this for 2 weeks. I'm going on vacation and can not attend this weeks FIC. Will have to go on the 23rd. They tld me at the center to continue on the PC until then. I'm worried about my vacation, b/c I know I'm gonna have cocktails is that gonna mess me up real bad? Do you lose on PC?
Welcome! You came to a great place for support and information. You will definitely lose while on pre-conditioning. I think there are others who were on the pc menu for more than the 3 or 4 days that post here, so hopefully they can give you more info. While on vacation, try to follow the menu, but make sure you get all your water in, that is probably one of the best things you can do.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  

Thanks for the repley! This site is great, I'm looking forward to the support.

Last edited by amixson; 10-13-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #4  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amixson View Post

Pre-conditioning gives you time to slowly break old habits like too much coffee or soda - going cold turkey with caffeine can cause headaches and physical discomfort. It helps you get used to having 3 meals (first within 1 hour of getting up in morning - others within 5 hour time spans), decreasing between meal snacks, especially sweets, candy and empty calories. Like TeresaG says, increase your water intake. I thought I was drinking a lot of water before MRC but have doubled what I had been drinking. Once you get on the real program, cocktails will mess you up more, so enjoy them on vacation. You'll be a whole new person next vacation you take! Welcome and good losing on MRC! jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 10-14-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I was on preconditioning for a week when I started over a month ago and I wasn't given a preconditioning menu. They simply told me to start cutting the caffiene, drink 64 ounces of water, start taking the supplements and vitamins, and to try to eat healthier. That's it. So I took that week and basically had one last hoorah for everything I wasn't going to be able to have on program. I gained 2 pounds, but during the first two weeks of the actual diet I lost 7.5 pounds (without exercise).

I say just be conscientious about what you eat and don't stress about drinking cocktails. You'll have plenty of time when you're actually on the diet to worry over what you can and can't have.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I just started over Labor Day. I agree with what everyone is saying about the pre conditioning stage just helping you cleanse your body of caffeine, salt, and sugar. You may want to watch those "sugary cocktails" and try to use the Diet Rite.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I did the same thing. I joined, then went on vacation....I just tried to make good choices. I could not drink all the water because I was on a motorcycle trip. As soon as I got home I started following the PC menu instructions so I was really only on PC for 3 days. I still lost 2.5#. Welcome.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Have a glass of wine for me!

Seriously, for me making the caffeine/soda pop adjustment was the hardest and was glad I had some time to do that. Also, I wouldn't buy big volumes of foods listed on the preconditioning menu (try to plan for 2 weeks worth as much as feasible)--as many of them aren't on program once you get started.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the insight. Got back from vacation Sunday, and actually did well. Made very wise food choices, but did have some beer and wine. Got home and hit the scales and I have lost! What a great feeling. Can't wait for FIC on Friday
Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #10  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

You will be to your goal in no time!
I was skeptical at first...I joined 3/21/09 and at last weigh in was down 77.5 pounds and my husband down 96!!! Just stick to it, it really works!

Congrats on taking that first step!
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote